Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" THE VITAL FIRST GOAL By CARL CURTIS "

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:42 am

" THE VITAL FIRST GOAL By CARL CURTIS "
in Carls latest Column in todays South Wales Echo .

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28530384/ :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Stats by Carl on Dave Jones League games at Cardiff City

There have been 114 league games under Jones when we have conceded first and, disappointingly, we have only managed to turn the deficit in to a win on 10 occasions.

The other 104 matches have resulted in 27 score draws with an alarming 77 defeats.

Not good statistics, are they? But what of the games where we have scored the first goal.

There have been 137 games over the same period when City took the lead and we have only surrendered the lead and lost the game on six occasions.

Of the other 131 league games we have drawn just 29 of them and won the remaining 102.

Re: " THE VITAL FIRST GOAL By CARL CURTIS "

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:52 am

cracking read but i cant get over the stats wow that truly shows no plan b :o

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:55 am

Right then Annis when we have conceded first you are indeed correct the stats are truly awful. :cry:

But when we score first. . . . . . . :D well what can I say, DJ is one of the best around for not losing the game then :ayatollah:

137 games and scored first we have only lost 6 just 6 games that is incredible, don't you think :?:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:56 am

moggs wrote:cracking read but i cant get over the stats wow that truly shows no plan b :o

we don't need a plan B Moggs :shock:

as long as we score first :D
:ayatollah:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:58 am

But isnt it the true quality team , will more offten than not come back ? :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:59 am

carlccfc wrote:Right then Annis when we have conceded first you are indeed correct the stats are truly awful. :cry:

But when we score first. . . . . . . :D well what can I say, DJ is one of the best around for not losing the game then :ayatollah:

137 games and scored first we have only lost 6 just 6 games that is incredible, don't you think :?:

Yes Carl I cant argue with those Stats and if I am Honest when We scored first at Sheffield Utd in the week, I straight away believed we would win the game, but the stats when we are 1 nil down, just tells me he is not the best tactical manager and to go with his No plan B, is that he therefore has NO FIGHT IN HIM WHEN WE ARE LOSING and that shows through the team when they losing on the pitch. So there for the Crowd lose heart as well.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:09 am

Forever Blue wrote:" THE VITAL FIRST GOAL By CARL CURTIS "

There have been 114 league games under Jones when we have conceded first and, disappointingly, we have only managed to turn the deficit in to a win on 10 occasions.

The other 104 matches have resulted in 27 score draws with an alarming 77 defeats.

Not good statistics, are they? But what of the games where we have scored the first goal.

There have been 137 games over the same period when City took the lead and we have only surrendered the lead and lost the game on six occasions.

Of the other 131 league games we have drawn just 29 of them and won the remaining 102.

Another good read from Carl but I believe it has 1 mistake it should be 10 from 116 games however the most positive thing about this statistic I can think of is that 5 of these wins have happened in the last 12 months so we are much better than we have been in the past.

Anyway Annis now you have a bet on the Bluebirds we should be able to give Pompey a 3 goal start and still beat them. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Only joking. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:12 am

I'm no Dave jones fan at all.

but to be honest, right now, is it wise to be writing such negative articles
in the local press?? Either be nice to the miserable tw*t or say nowt.

My opinion like.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:15 am

castleblue wrote:

Another good read from Carl but I believe it has 1 mistake it should be 10 from 116 games however the most positive thing about this statistic I can think of is that 5 of these wins have happened in the last 12 months so we are much better than we have been in the past.

Anyway Annis now you have a bet on the Bluebirds we should be able to give Pompey a 3 goal start and still beat them. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Definitely it is 10 from 114 games, as the other way around is 137 and only lost 6.

20 NIL - NIL games.

5 seasons ( 46 games ) = 230
this season so far = 41
Total = 271

20 ( 0-0)
114 ( conceded first )
137 ( scored first )
271 ( Total )

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:17 am

carl i agree the stats for us scoring first is unbelievable but at this stage of the mighty bluebird roller coaster that is our season i dont mind who scores first as long as we win our remaining games starting with a win today cmon the mighty bluebirds :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:17 am

castleblue wrote:

In fact this season has been the worse for taking the lead and not holding on to it, we have surrendered the lead and lost 3 times this season and that has only happened 3 times over the previous 5 seasons in total.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:19 am

taffyapple wrote:I'm no Dave jones fan at all.

My opinion like.

How is it negative Dave ?

I have produced facts not an opinion, Dave.

Both sides of the stats are there, GOOD AND BAD.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:22 am

My opinion like.

Dave, I actually thought that Carls write up was quite the opposite as it opened up my eyes and made me reaise how well we have done when we score first. It makes a good debate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:22 am

carlccfc wrote:
castleblue wrote:

Definitely it is 10 from 114 games, as the other way around is 137 and only lost 6.

20 NIL - NIL games.

5 seasons ( 46 games ) = 230
this season so far = 41
Total = 271

20 ( 0-0)
114 ( conceded first )
137 ( scored first )
271 ( Total )

Sorry Carl I have included cup games not just league matches and who will ever forget that comeback at Chasetown :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But seriously we have shown a much stronger mentality in the last 12 months and I don't think it is currently as big a problem as it was in past seasons.

Always better to score first though no doubt about that. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:32 am

carlccfc wrote:

My opinion like.

How is it negative Dave ?

I have produced facts not an opinion, Dave.

Both sides of the stats are there, GOOD AND BAD.

Put it this way, if old grumpy guts reads that this morning will he see it as a positive
article or a negative one?

No offence meant Carl, your articles are spot on. But personally, im not so sure on
this one.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:34 am

My opinion like.

I'm not sure it's that negative because we do have a very good record when we score first and in fairness in the last 12 months we have come back to win 5 games after conceding the first goal.

My mother always told me that if you can't think of anything nice to say about someone say nothing but I have to say I do struggle to say nice things about the miserable tw*t. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:34 am

Forever Blue wrote:

My opinion like.

Dave, I actually thought that Carls write up was quite the opposite as it opened up my eyes and made me reaise how well we have done when we score first. It makes a good debate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Well that just goes to prove that we all look at things differently. Like you say
our record once we score first is amazing. I had no idea But when I first read it
I couldnt help but focus on the negatives. maybe its me on my periods or summat :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:36 am

I think if Dave Jones reads this article today it will be something he's already aware of. Everyone knows the stats. Carl is trying to put a positive spin on it (as he would being a Pro-DJer :p) but yes, the negative side is there. However, if we want to get through these final five games we have to face our fears and our demons, look them in the eyes and say 'f**k you'. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:36 am

castleblue wrote:

My opinion like.

I'm not sure it's that negative because we do have a very good record when we score first and in fairness in the last 12 months we have come back to win 5 games after conceding the first goal.

My mother always told me that if you can't think of anything nice to say about someone say nothing but I have to say I do struggle to say nice things about the miserable tw*t. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well thats three out of three telling me ive read it all wrong now
and i will bow down to popular opinion. :lol: :lol:

Sorry Carl, maybe it is pre-promotion jitters :lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:38 am

Zabier wrote:I think if Dave Jones reads this article today it will be something he's already aware of. Everyone knows the stats. Carl is trying to put a positive spin on it (as he would being a Pro-DJer :p) but yes, the negative side is there. However, if we want to get through these final five games we have to face our fears and our demons, look them in the eyes and say 'f**k you'. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I DONT WANT TO

I want to hide under a blanket and come out when we're in the Premier league :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:38 am

My opinion like.

Although many people swear by it I personally have never found it wise in the long run to sit back and say nothing when something really needs to be said.

Obviously TA you have interpreted Carl's stats in a certain way but I have my own interpretation in that it's an important message for the fans to get behind the team from the start so we score first, because the stats prove just how important it is to do that.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:39 am

taffyapple wrote:
castleblue wrote:

My opinion like.

:lol:

Dave No probs, I've known you for years, I know what you mean :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:40 am

Forever Blue wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
castleblue wrote:I'm no Dave jones fan at all.

My opinion like.

:lol:

Dave No probs, I've known you for years, I know what you mean :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

OK OK IM A NERVOUS f*cking WRECK!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:44 am

Annis i am sorry i am going to have to remove all my applause i accredited to you :lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:47 am

Its what happens in the next 5 games that count.
Whats past is past.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:05 am

Forget, who scores first etc.

The only stats I'm interested in, is have you put a bet on Annis?

Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:21 pm

Fair play you dont half bang on about that stat.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:22 pm

carlccfc wrote:Right then Annis when we have conceded first you are indeed correct the stats are truly awful. :cry:

Spot on! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Can't we concentrate on the positives for a bit!? :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:18 pm

Great read Carl,and i know this took a while to put together,after speaking to Annis :ayatollah:

For the record 138 games when we take the lead DJ and the team have won 103 games :ayatollah:

When asked on the "What key factor thread" Do you think we need to go up....

I Said to score the 1st Goal , Not knowing this stat. I Knew the one when we go 1-0 Down though ;)

4 games away from the promised land :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:01 pm

Good piece there, well done Carl