Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" DJ Should Remain Manager Even If We Stay Down? "

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:18 pm

Used to think he had to go.

But if we are still in the Championship next season, I know the momentum would seem slow but at least it will still be with us and DJ. He will slowly but surely be learning from the failures. A new manager will not guarantee progress. DJ will only need minor changes to get it right, anyone else will make mass changes that could derail just as easy as succeed.

What do you think?

In the BBC piece he seems desperate to stay on. Does he want to finish what he started or does he just know a good thing when it comes his way?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13068106.stm

Re: DJ Should Remain Manager Even If We Stay Down?

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:25 pm

Wayne S wrote:Used to think he had to go.

But if we are still in the Championship next season, I know the momentum would seem slow but at least it will still be with us and DJ. He will slowly but surely be learning from the failures. A new manager will not guarantee progress. DJ will only need minor changes to get it right, anyone else will make mass changes that could derail just as easy as succeed.

What do you think?

In the BBC piece he seems desperate to stay on. Does he want to finish what he started or does he just know a good thing when it comes his way?

I did not want to post any Negativity on This Forum about DJ this week, But as youve said this, I totally Disagree and 1000% DJ SHOULD GO if WE DONT GO UP, HE SHOULD BE SHOT IF HE FAILS, ITS IN OUR HANDS NOW and HE CANT FAIL :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

What do you think?

I did not want to post any Negativity on This Forum about DJ this week, But as youve said this, I totally Disagree and 1000% DJ SHOULD GO if WE DONT GO UP, HE SHOULD BE SHOT IF HE FAILS, ITS IN OUR HANDS NOW and HE CANT FAIL :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i agree,last year in the play off finals blackpool were the better team on the day in a one off game but in my opinion if we win 4 of our remaining games(with 3 being at home_we will go up,if we dont do it this time with a top squad ,i cant see us going any further with DJ at the helm,he would have to go. Saying that im certain we can do it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

What do you think?

annis totally agree,if we dont go up its got to be a new start :ayatollah:

Re: " DJ Should Remain Manager Even If We Stay Down? "

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:35 pm

No Negativity please :old:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:39 pm

stickywicket wrote:No Negativity please :old:

not negative just truth :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:39 pm

He has to go even if we get promoted.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:41 pm

quadsas wrote:He has to go even if we get promoted.

now that's silly isn't it.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

What do you think?

:shock: :shock: Amazed that you were the 1st to reply to this Annis! :lol:

Not so surprised at your view though! :lol:

Now's not the time to think about what if we don't go up Wayne, nobody benefits from that!

Besides, there's no point coz-

"THE BLUES ARE GOING UP!! THE BLUES ARE GOING UP!!! AND ARE YOU GUNNA BELIEEEEVE US THE BLUES ARE GOING UP!!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:55 pm

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

What do you think?

Now's not the time to think about what if we don't go up Wayne, nobody benefits from that!

"THE BLUES ARE GOING UP!! THE BLUES ARE GOING UP!!! AND ARE YOU GUNNA BELIEEEEVE US THE BLUES ARE GOING UP!!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol:

I am trying to Stay Positive, Blame Wayne and DJ for this post :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:55 pm

quadsas wrote:He has to go even if we get promoted.

That's just daft! :old:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:58 pm

I did not want to post any Negativity on This Forum about DJ this week, But as youve said this, I totally Disagree and 1000% DJ SHOULD GO if WE DONT GO UP, HE SHOULD BE SHOT IF HE FAILS, ITS IN OUR HANDS NOW and HE CANT FAIL :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

I am trying to Stay Positive, Blame Wayne and DJ for this post :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

To be fair, you've been pretty DJ free recently! :lol:

Come on Wayne, why did you have to goad Annis? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:09 pm

yes i do,he's improved us every year n if we go up,he'll be a legend in my eyes!i dont care about how much he's spent or stats,this is just my opinion.in dj i trust :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I am trying to Stay Positive, Blame Wayne and DJ for this post :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We are going up, which is why I was able to play devils advocate with a topic that will have no bearing on the future of the club.

It just seemed that DJ had a point. We could end up with manager after manager after manager again, it got us nowhere. However, I don't doubt for one minute that DJ knows he's fallen on his feet at our club.

Anyway, I'm just glad I've had my first sticky. Am I in some sort of inner circle now. ;)

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:17 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I am trying to Stay Positive, Blame Wayne and DJ for this post :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We are going up, which is why I was able to play devils advocate with a topic that will have no bearing on the future of the club.

It just seemed that DJ had a point. We could end up with manager after manager after manager again, it got us nowhere. However, I don't doubt for one minute that DJ knows he's fallen on his feet at our club.

Anyway, I'm just glad I've had my first sticky. Am I in some sort of inner circle now. ;)

:lol: :ayatollah:

Wayne
No Not yet, You need 3 Stickies before your even considered :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Wayne
No Not yet, You need 3 Stickies before your even considered :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:D At least I now know how to get a sticky...........

........ 'poke Annis with a stick' concerning a subject that winds him up. :D

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:24 pm

Wayne S wrote:

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:28 pm

Wayne S wrote:

Congratulations Wayne, on your first sticky moment! :lol:

Most of us can only dream of that(apart from the 1 in our teens! :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:29 pm

Wayne S wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:33 pm

quite funny this...if city lose there last five games then ask again, :D

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:35 pm

From Facebook

Craig Brana
I think he should go either way (might sound harsh) but he would never keep us up in the prem anyway.
16 minutes ago · Unlike · 1 person

Nigel Jenkins
I think we don't go up he has to go. We go up. I'm not sure. The squad has to be made better. If he stays then give him a month.
5 minutes ago · Like

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:35 pm

beano1 wrote:quite funny this...if city lose there last five games then ask again, :D

It wont take that mate. Knowing some on here a 1-1 draw on Saturday will have them wanting DJ's head on a stick again! :lol:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:37 pm

beano1 wrote:quite funny this...if city lose there last five games then ask again, :D

It wont take that mate. Knowing some on here a 1-1 draw on Saturday will have them wanting DJ's head on a stick again! :lol:

I will be the First one, WE CAN NOT LOOSE :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:37 pm

As this thread is pointless because of the fact we are going up, I would like to point people in the direction of a great manager Sir Alex Ferguson, after a little over 3 years in charge Fergie was one game away from being sacked as United boss, they faced Forest in an FA Cup tie and Mark Robins scored the only goal to save Fergie's job.

United went on to win the cup that season in 1989-90 and Fergie had his first bit of success as manager at the club, it took another 2 years for Fergie to overcome his sceptics finally and the rest they say is history.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:40 pm

Nah, I'm just stupid not crazy. I'd be banned.

Joking aside I do think that, due to the quality of manager we could get to replace DJ, there is more potential to fail than push on. It's not as if we have ever been flirting with relegation, in fact every season has seen progression. DJ to tinker slightly has more chance of success than wholesale changes.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I will be the First one, WE CAN NOT LOOSE :lol: :ayatollah:

Fair play Annis, you are consistant! :lol:

Is there any way of working out how many of your nearly 25,000 posts have been anti DJ?
:lol:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:42 pm

i CANNOT BELIEVE that a manager would talk about something like that during the MOST important period for our club. I'd take what he said as destabilising to the club - entertaining scenarios if we fail to go up. He should not even let the possibility of not going up enter his mind - if he has doubts, then that impacts on the players.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:44 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:i CANNOT BELIEVE that a manager would talk about something like that during the MOST important period for our club. I'd take what he said as destabilising to the club - entertaining scenarios if we fail to go up. He should not even let the possibility of not going up enter his mind - if he has doubts, then that impacts on the players.

Oh my god Wayne, you've poked tylerdurdenisabluebird with that same stick now! :lol: :lol:

Hope the stick's worth it! :lol:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:47 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:i CANNOT BELIEVE that a manager would talk about something like that during the MOST important period for our club. I'd take what he said as destabilising to the club - entertaining scenarios if we fail to go up. He should not even let the possibility of not going up enter his mind - if he has doubts, then that impacts on the players.

Oh my god Wayne, you've poked tylerdurdenisabluebird with that same stick now! :lol: :lol:

I don't actually want to post anything about Dave Jones, honestley, but then he does this. Do you not see it as him being slightly negative? I don't want anything or anyone to impact on the players in the next 5 matches, not anyone on nor the manager

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:52 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:

I don't actually want to post anything about Dave Jones, honestley, but then he does this. Do you not see it as him being slightly negative? I don't want anything or anyone to impact on the players in the next 5 matches, not anyone on nor the manager

It does seem strange,I'll give you that. I suppose we don't know when the interview was done, or exactly what he was asked. If he was asked "what will happen if you don't go up?" then I guess he had little choice but to answer it.

I dunno. Fingers crossed we'll go up and we'll all be happy!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: