Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" I AM NOT A CAMERON FAN, BUT "

Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:33 pm

I have been let down totally by the way Cons/Libs have run our Country so far, should Never have been a Coalition, But What do you think of Cameron standing up to immigration, For 6 years we have had hundreds of thousands of unskilled immigrants and Cameron has Said we should have good immigration NOT MASS Immigration be like Australia.
He is the first Prime Minister I've ever heard of in the UK who has finally Spoken Out.

Comments/Opinions Please :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

This will get Sludge going :lol: :lol:

Re: " I AM NOT A CAMERON FAN, BUT "

Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:For 6 years we have had hundreds of thousands of unskilled immigrants

Many come in and do the work that many lazy UK citizens can't be bothered to give up their unemployment benefit for.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:40 pm

Agree with you Annis,

we should have pulled the drawbridge up 10 years ago.

It may be just a load of words though, they always seem to find a way to slip in. A lot a desperate and even more a devious.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:41 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:For 6 years we have had hundreds of thousands of unskilled immigrants

Many come in and do the work that many lazy UK citizens can't be bothered to give up their unemployment benefit for.

Every morning on Newport Road(Lynx Hotel) I see with my own eyes over 100 arrive at between 8am and 9am and everyone of them sign on.
My family came here over 100 years ago from Egypt, but there was No handouts then, if you never worked you were left to die in the Gutter, so you knew you had to work to Survive in them days.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:41 pm

actions will speak louder than words, if he his true to his word fantastic and i will take my hat off to him, but i'll wait and see i've got my doubts.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:44 pm

barry boy wrote:Agree with you Annis,

we should have pulled the drawbridge up 10 years ago.

It may be just a load of words though, they always seem to find a way to slip in. A lot a desperate and even more a devious.

The Bangladesh who run my local Indian Restaurant even say they've had enough of people coming here for benefits and Free houses, they have worked from the minute they arrived in the 60's.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:44 pm

people do seem to think we are over run with imigrant people of different races and colour! but this is the uk break down!
white 92.1% [british whites 85.7]
black 2.0%
asian 4.0%
chinese 0.4%
mixed 1.2%
other 1.4%
this survey was done in 2009, so not 100%!
obviously though there should be better border controls and people shouldnt just be able to walk straight in and be given a house and benefits!

Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:46 pm

AHERNE wrote:people do seem to think we are over run with imigrant people of different races and colour! but this is the uk break down!
black 2.0%
asian 4.0%
chinese 0.4%
mixed 1.2%
other 1.4%
obviously though there should be better border controls and people shouldnt just be able to walk straight in and be given a house and benefits!

Albanians/Romanians there are hundreds of them in Albany and City road, none work.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Every morning on Newport Road(Lynx Hotel) I see with my own eyes over 100 arrive at between 8am and 9am and everyone of them sign on.
My family came here over 100 years ago from Egypt, but there was No handouts then, if you never worked you were left to die in the Gutter, so you knew you had to work to Survive in them days.

But we cannot suggest that they have ALL come over just to claim our benefits. Like any group we become irrate at the actions of the minority. Not all immigrants are illegal, not all the UK unemployed are lazy and not all City fans are hooligans, but it's the few from each group that grab the headlines

Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:48 pm

I'm against the mass immigration of people into this country from outside the EU, as well as some from the EU. A lot quite frankly take the piss.

However, I think Cameron is using the whole immigrant issue to distract from the massive problems this country face.

Problems that stem from Thatcher, Major and Blairs years (Brown was on a sinking ship, no wonder he was a miserable bollox). None of these problems, that affect most of us, can be attributed to illegal immigration unfortunately.

Cameron needs to pull his finger out and start solving the other problems, not just use the immigration card. All this talk today, but will he even do anything?

Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:48 pm

Someone needs to sort it out and FAST....I'm all for people who wan't to work here to make a better life for their Family, but most of them just rape the benefits system which WE pay for :evil: :evil:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:49 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I'm against the mass immigration of people into this country from outside the EU, as well as some from the EU. A lot quite frankly take the piss.

However, I think Cameron is using the whole immigrant issue to distract from the massive problems this country face.

Problems that stem from Thatcher, Major and Blairs years (Brown was on a sinking ship, no wonder he was a miserable bollox). None of these problems, that affect most of us, can be attributed to illegal immigration unfortunately.

Cameron needs to pull his finger out and start solving the other problems, not just use the immigration card. All this talk today, but will he even do anything?

Adam, I hope he does, but its prob hot air .

Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
AHERNE wrote:people do seem to think we are over run with imigrant people of different races and colour! but this is the uk break down!
black 2.0%
asian 4.0%
chinese 0.4%
mixed 1.2%
other 1.4%

Albanians/Romanians there are hundreds of them in Albany and City road, none work.

i agree that it not on! ... in tredegar we had them selling the big issue! now that to me just didnt seem right! ... got one now thats playing an instrument [badly] for money! ... thing is though people wont employ them around here! ... we had two polish people in my factory but were told to leave after a few hours cause they couldnt speak english! ... you cant blame people though for wanting a better life for themselves! .. thousands leave these shores every year doing the same thing!

Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:57 pm

Labour has taken the absolote piss with immigration, its not right that anybody from the EU can come into our country and sit on their asses. With should restrict all immigration and only let in people who can benefit our country. It works in Australia and can work here as well.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:58 pm

In two or three years time, the limits on mass migration from Bulgaria and Romania come off and then everyone will be moaning.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Albanians/Romanians there are hundreds of them in Albany and City road, none work.

None, Really?

There is definately a policy that is too relaxed when it comes to entry into the UK, but not all can be classed the same

Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:59 pm

jbirdrules wrote:Labour has taken the absolote piss with immigration, its not right that anybody from the EU can come into our country and sit on their asses. With should restrict all immigration and only let in people who can benefit our country. It works in Australia and can work here as well.

i agree 100% :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:10 pm

I hope so too Annis, if only to stop governments using it as an excuse for everything.

Someone else said it was all Labour - it started under Major I believe (I'm sure I read it properly kicked in when the economy started looking up a bit towards the end of Majors reign - there's always been spongers though flooding into this country). They've never assimilated properly either. Also, australia are hypocrites - going in and taking over someone elses country.

What I'd give for immigrants to be like the majority of Carribeans that came over. Hard workers who tried to integrate. Or so I'm told.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:13 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I hope so too Annis, if only to stop governments using it as an excuse for everything.

Someone else said it was all Labour - it started under Major I believe (I'm sure I read it properly kicked in when the economy started looking up a bit towards the end of Majors reign - there's always been spongers though flooding into this country). They've never assimilated properly either. Also, australia are hypocrites - going in and taking over someone elses country.

What I'd give for immigrants to be like the majority of Carribeans that came over. Hard workers who tried to integrate. Or so I'm told.

Adam,

Tony Blair Opened the gates wide open and now its out of control.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I hope so too Annis, if only to stop governments using it as an excuse for everything.

Adam,

Tony Blair Opened the gates wide open and now its out of control.

Annis, you won't find anyone that despises Blair as much as me. Well maybe, but still. It got to ridiculous levels under Blair, but it started before him.

Before Major left office, illegal immigration had increased so dramatically that he and his government stopped recording the entry and exit of ALL immigrants.

Therefore, when Labour got in, Jack Straw (the evil paedo) was able to relax completely ALL entry requirements for immigration - and no one knew that there were so many here, because the previous regime hadn't been recording them! So then Labour were able to take this piss even more.

Its why I Cannot trust ANY politicians

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:31 pm

it's only a matter of time before turkey joins the eu, then we will a tide of immigration like we've never seen before :twisted:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:34 pm

not an election coming up is there ????
call me synical, like

all for shutting the doors but its to late now unless we rid ourselfs of the scrounging vermin already here.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I have been let down totally by the way Cons/Libs have run our Country so far, should Never have been a Coalition, But What do you think of Cameron standing up to immigration, For 6 years we have had hundreds of thousands of unskilled immigrants and Cameron has Said we should have good immigration NOT MASS Immigration be like Australia.
He is the first Prime Minister I've ever heard of in the UK who has finally Spoken Out.

annis im an electrician and the market has not been flooded with unskilled labour but many skilled immigrants are here,the problem is that they drive prices down and i have to compete,and to compete i have to drop my prices,it should never have been allowed :(

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:42 pm

the blue path wrote:it's only a matter of time before turkey joins the eu, then we will a tide of immigration like we've never seen before :twisted:

That will be a tsunami in immigration terms. Wouldn't be surprised though if Europe put massive conditions on them joining, like no freedom of movement or something. They could get away with imposing conditions like that because Turkey is a mess of a country in EVERY way.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:43 pm

You should make strong and clear differentations between the new wave immigrant problems which originated post 90s to the hard working and industrious west indies people who came over post 50s. They integrated, absorbed our ways of life and religions, but maintained their culture which also has become entwined with ours. I went to school with all types of races in the 70s in llanrumney, many of the kids have mixed race parents, whenever im home even my black friends comment on Grangetown and the area going up to ikea being like asian astan with burkers and dcurry shops everywhere. i got a paper from shop there and no one spoke english andd they looked at me like i was from Mars :o thats when you know this is really wrong!!

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:47 pm

Who do you blame, The people who are given these free hand outs or the people who give them out?
Unless Cameron plans to get out of the EU our doors are open.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I have been let down totally by the way Cons/Libs have run our Country so far, should Never have been a Coalition, But What do you think of Cameron standing up to immigration, For 6 years we have had hundreds of thousands of unskilled immigrants and Cameron has Said we should have good immigration NOT MASS Immigration be like Australia.

Cause of him,thousands of jobs have been loss, including in the armed forces (in due course), the police force, looks like hes making a mess of the NHS, still another goverment not doing anything to the banks..oh wait he taxed them a little bit, and hes made cuts, cuts, cuts and more cuts.

But he said we should have good immigration, thats some thing he'll promise but wont deliver by the way...HE'LL JUST MAKE MORE CUTS.

rant over. :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:53 pm

People should only be allowed in if they have a trade/profession and a job lined up. Anyone who has come here and claimed benefits should be given 3 months to get a job or be kicked out.

I would add that anyone who is british and has spent a lifetime on the dole should be made to do community work (graffitti/litter clear ups etc)

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:55 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:People should only be allowed in if they have a trade/profession and a job lined up. Anyone who has come here and claimed benefits should be given 3 months to get a job or be kicked out.

I would add that anyone who is british and has spent a lifetime on the dole should be made to do community work (graffitti/litter clear ups etc)

I agree, but think they should have atleast 3 qualifications, if not then must pass exams (yes like school)

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:00 pm

ps cameron is wading in chicken shit with his libcon agreement, and there are local elections in May. all of our luvly governemnt are coming out with enormous amounts of bullshit that they hope will distract people from the fact that they are shisters, tax cutters for the rich and tax raisers for the poorest in soviety, they are cynical opportunists and band wagonners, soon as the elction is over they will go back to shafting the poorest again, destroying public sector jobs and closing down public services which are a massive employer and f*cking up this country forever! :x We are NOT all in this together, and one wooly arsed comment about immigration will not fool the peopel either! Now thats what i call a f*cking good rant :D :D