Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

extra seating?

Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:44 pm

i know that they have previously thought about this, costings and what not.

does anybody think that it is realistic that they will install extra seating?
personally wether we go up or not i would leave it alone, we rarely get a decent atmosphere as it is?. money talks at the end of the day!

Re: extra seating?

Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:51 pm

Extra seats are not about atmosphere, it's about bums on seats and cash in the bank.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:56 pm

Dazzatim wrote:i know that they have previously thought about this, costings and what not.

personally wether we go up or not i would leave it alone, we rarely get a decent atmosphere as it is?. money talks at the end of the day!

I heard previously we would do it if we GO up. However I believe its a matter of if we STAY up that will maybe push for stadium expansion. As I said on a similar thread, the stadium was purposely built with expansion in mind, hence why the roof is so high. Behind the grange, ninian & canton is a deep corridor, the wall in front of that will be knocked down for extra rows or tier to be put in...not sure which.

Here is a little pic of what it could look like with an extra tier.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:58 pm

Well Julian Jenkins head of customer service at the city said on the phone in last night that the owners have asked the questions about how much would it cost? how long would it take?

Julian said that the owners will want to increase the size of the stadium if we did go up.

He said that the possible capacity will then rise to 36,000 when work is completed to have the 2nd tier all round the ground. :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:01 pm

gabbs wrote:Well Julian Jenkins head of customer service at the city said on the phone in last night that the owners have asked the questions about how much would it cost? how long would it take?

Julian said that the owners will want to increase the size of the stadium if we did go up.

He said that the possible capacity will then rise to 36,000 when work is completed to have the 2nd tier all round the ground. :ayatollah:

Well business is money, and that's what The Malaysians are here to make.....so maybe it will happen if we make it to the promised land. It would take only a few months to expand I think too.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:03 pm

baseboy007 wrote:
Dazzatim wrote:i know that they have previously thought about this, costings and what not.

I heard previously we would do it if we GO up. However I believe its a matter of if we STAY up that will maybe push for stadium expansion. As I said on a similar thread, the stadium was purposely built with expansion in mind, hence why the roof is so high. Behind the grange, ninian & canton is a deep corridor, the wall in front of that will be knocked down for extra rows or tier to be put in...not sure which.

ahh thats whats behind the wall? being a fat fucker i didnt like to climb up for a nosey! :D

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:20 pm

gabbs wrote:Well Julian Jenkins head of customer service at the city said on the phone in last night that the owners have asked the questions about how much would it cost? how long would it take?

Julian may have just been quoting what I wrote on the 24th August 2010 to be fair :lol:

"The Malaysians have asked for the cost of upgrading the stadium and also the timeframe involved, they have been told it will cost £6million and could be done in 3 months giving the club 35,000 seats, if the club achieve promotion this season then they want to maximise the revenue and will look to carry out this work next summer."

The above was taken from an update viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21184&hilit=+%C2%A36million

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:23 pm

baseboy007 wrote:

they've confirmed that if we get promoted they are building a tier above the ninian stand, which would increase the capacity to 35,000 :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:43 pm

be brilliant aslong as we have the funds for players also. don't think i could get used to ali announcing 35,000 :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:33 pm

Be great to get stadium extended for a season in Premiership and asked this question to my uncle who was involved with the stadium development To get the stadium ready for next season all the metal work would have to be ready by the last day of the season and to start lifting off the roof as soon as end of season whistle went
So doubt without a superhuman effort this could be donr