Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DO YOU BELIEVE THIS ?

Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:12 pm

Our own Language in our own country http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-w ... activate=1 :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Re: DO YOU BELIEVE THIS ?

Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:15 pm

Disgraceful :evil:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:17 pm

I find it ironic that the hotel has a welsh name

Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:37 pm

im sorry but this is hardly against the grain and oppressing the welsh language, the head chef the kitchen staffs boss doesnt speak welsh and kitchens are dangerous places to work so its imperative that everyone understands each other and untill a law is set that says to be welsh you have to speak welsh, in this paticular circumstance its easier if the main language in the work place is english.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:51 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:im sorry but this is hardly against the grain and oppressing the welsh language, the head chef the kitchen staffs boss doesnt speak welsh and kitchens are dangerous places to work so its imperative that everyone understands each other and untill a law is set that says to be welsh you have to speak welsh, in this paticular circumstance its easier if the main language in the work place is english.

ITS not the point of being welsh to speak welsh, its stopping Welsh people speaking Welsh in there own country.
Most of them in the kitchen speak welsh , so we the welsh in wales should according to you! speak nglish to make things safe in the kitchen right ? ok well tell the chef to learn welsh if he want to work in wales in a welsh hotel where most of the staff speak welsh and are welsh. If you go to work in the germany to do you them all to speak nglish just cos you cant speak german ?

Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:54 pm

i cant believe it has a LFC banner at the top of the page! :o

Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:55 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:im sorry but this is hardly against the grain and oppressing the welsh language, the head chef the kitchen staffs boss doesnt speak welsh and kitchens are dangerous places to work so its imperative that everyone understands each other and untill a law is set that says to be welsh you have to speak welsh, in this paticular circumstance its easier if the main language in the work place is english.

ITS not the point of being welsh to speak welsh, its stopping Welsh people speaking Welsh in there own country.
Most of them in the kitchen speak welsh , so we the welsh in wales should according to you! speak nglish to make things safe in the kitchen right ? ok well tell the chef to learn welsh if he want to work in wales in a welsh hotel where most of the staff speak welsh and are welsh. If you go to work in the germany to do you them all to speak nglish just cos you cant speak german ?

well who says he isnt welsh, im welsh and dont speak a word of the welsh language am i not allowed to work in my own country, this sets a precident for wales for welsh speakers only and i for one am opposed to it

Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:23 pm

You may like to know I dont speak welsh also! and no one said you have to speak welsh to work in wales, But if you go to a welsh speak part of wales working with welsh speakers , you want everything to bow down to you ?

Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:28 pm

Also when you talk of setting a precident , what do you think this kind of action is ? it means anyone who cant speak welsh can come here and say right I want a job here I cant speak welsh so you lot must now speak nglish . yOU TALK CARP

Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:32 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:You may like to know I dont speak welsh also! and no one said you have to speak welsh to work in wales, But if you go to a welsh speak part of wales working with welsh speakers , you want everything to bow down to you ?

but in this scenario common sense dictates that the language that everyone speaks and understands is used as the primary language which in this case is english, if everyone who works in the kitchen spoke welsh and they wanted to run the kitchen in welsh great but that isnt the case, and you cant tell a man if you want a job in your own country you need to speak a secondary language not even canada says that

Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:49 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:You may like to know I dont speak welsh also! and no one said you have to speak welsh to work in wales, But if you go to a welsh speak part of wales working with welsh speakers , you want everything to bow down to you ?

but in this scenario common sense dictates that the language that everyone speaks and understands is used as the primary language which in this case is english, if everyone who works in the kitchen spoke welsh and they wanted to run the kitchen in welsh great but that isnt the case, and you cant tell a man if you want a job in your own country you need to speak a secondary language not even canada says that

NO NO ! You cant see? that this is Wales ,welsh is the language of that place, all the people in the kitchen speak welsh all but this chef . sorry dont have time for you !

Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:51 pm

One outraged employee said the ban extended to Welsh speakers having personal conversations between themselves :twisted: :twisted:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:02 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

NO NO ! You cant see? that this is Wales ,welsh is the language of that place, all the people in the kitchen speak welsh all but this chef . sorry dont have time for you !

its not about having time for me its about one persons opinion against someone elses, my point of view is just as valid as yours is. Plus as your not a welsh speaker yourself i suppose you would be rather annoyed if you were suddenly fired because you dont speak welsh, i know i would.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:09 pm

Whats the point in communicating in welsh in the KITCHEN when the HEAD CHEF doesnt speak welsh? Surely under health and safety regulation acts it would be imperitive to speak the same language as the Head who is dishing the orders out!

Much ado about nothing if you ask me.....

Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:13 pm

Thats that hotel burnt to the ground this weekend then.
Dont mess with the gogs!!!

R'yn in yma o hyd.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:12 pm

Like they said its for health and safety reasons so thats fair enough.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:14 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:Our own Language in our own country http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-w ... activate=1 :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

WTF? just tried to share this story on facebook and got the following message -
"Message failed. This message contains blocked content that has previously been flagged as abusive or spammy. Let us know if you think this is an error."
Makes my f*cking Blood Boil!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:21 pm

totally agree mate, if you go to work in a welsh speaking town & everyone speaks welsh around you then he should be learning welsh or get the f**k out of there!!

discrimination against the welsh language once again!!

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:24 pm

angelesey welsh speaking town, but theres more bloody scousers & mancs there than welsh!! i got a brother who lives there he said its a f*cking disgrace they move all the rough buggers from england & stick them in anglesey!!

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:24 pm

NIGELNIGLE wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:Our own Language in our own country http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-w ... activate=1 :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

WTF? just tried to share this story on facebook and got the following message -
"Message failed. This message contains blocked content that has previously been flagged as abusive or spammy. Let us know if you think this is an error."
Makes my f*cking Blood Boil!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

It is on FB mate , I have it on my Fb and a few other have it also.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:28 pm

Merlin wrote:Whats the point in communicating in welsh in the KITCHEN when the HEAD CHEF doesnt speak welsh? Surely under health and safety regulation acts it would be imperitive to speak the same language as the Head who is dishing the orders out!

If you can read , it also says that that have stop them talking to each other in welsh that means welsh speaker to welsh speaker. and thats fined with you is it ?

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:36 pm

If you had a guy from France or Italy come here and worked in as a chef in the kitchen and couldnt speak english you going to learn French for him ? bollocks

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:52 pm

what a load of poo, they should've checked the chef could speak Welsh before employing him.
Personally I think it is a disgrace, they will be enforcing the "welsh knot" soon?

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:53 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:
Merlin wrote:Whats the point in communicating in welsh in the KITCHEN when the HEAD CHEF doesnt speak welsh? Surely under health and safety regulation acts it would be imperitive to speak the same language as the Head who is dishing the orders out!

If you can read , it also says that that have stop them talking to each other in welsh that means welsh speaker to welsh speaker. and thats fined with you is it ?

ive never worked in a kitchen before but i would be of the understanding that the requirements to listen to orders from your bosses so you dont get orders wrong, so where do you have time to have a personal conversation with anyone regardless of what language it is in and nowhere in that article especially the quote from the letter given to employees does it say you cannot converse in welsh at all they have asked 'could you refrain from speaking in welsh' doesnt say anything about welsh is banned from this hotel.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:55 pm

beth am hyn Bob Marshall, pam dont ydych f**k off yn ôl i lloegr a gwthio rhai Rwmania Latfiaid pikey neu allan o waith er mwyn i chi ymgymryd â swydd i ddweud wrth y sglein i roi'r gorau i siarad yn eu hiaith naturiol

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:10 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:beth am hyn Bob Marshall, pam dont ydych f**k off yn ôl i lloegr a gwthio rhai Rwmania Latfiaid pikey neu allan o waith er mwyn i chi ymgymryd â swydd i ddweud wrth y sglein i roi'r gorau i siarad yn eu hiaith naturiol

and why are you presuming hes english he may well be welsh the article doesnt say the only thing he cant do is speak welsh

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:14 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
The Premier 1 wrote:beth am hyn Bob Marshall, pam dont ydych f**k off yn ôl i lloegr a gwthio rhai Rwmania Latfiaid pikey neu allan o waith er mwyn i chi ymgymryd â swydd i ddweud wrth y sglein i roi'r gorau i siarad yn eu hiaith naturiol

and why are you presuming hes english he may well be welsh the article doesnt say the only thing he cant do is speak welsh

my bag :(
read the comments and a few told him to go back to england, presumed he was

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:23 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:

ive never worked in a kitchen before but i would be of the understanding that the requirements to listen to orders from your bosses so you dont get orders wrong, so where do you have time to have a personal conversation with anyone regardless of what language it is in and nowhere in that article especially the quote from the letter given to employees does it say you cannot converse in welsh at all they have asked 'could you refrain from speaking in welsh' doesnt say anything about welsh is banned from this hotel.

They want the welsh speaker to stop talking in welsh to each other also ! but it sound like you are a part times welshman anyway . what other country in the world would put a set of rules to suite a guy above there own language ? you make me sick !

Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:02 pm

nothing in the H&S regs of 74 to suppor tthat comment or the 2005 workplace act :)

Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:03 am

fuckin disgraceful, where's merched beca when you need them :evil: :twisted: