A forum for all things Cardiff City

Premiership Ambitions - Strikers

Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:22 pm

the current strikers at the club are;

Jay Bothroyd
Micheal Chopra
Jon Parkin
Nat Jarvis

Jay Bothroyd - Has lost his way over the last few months as we all know, but i think he has the quality to step up, also think his effort will increase on the bigger stage. VERDICT - when on form the best striker in the league, i think he is relishing the opportunity to prove himself at a higher stage and maybe get another England cap.

Michael Chopra - has done well since coming back to us, had a fair few injuries this season though. Obviously didnt have a great time with Sunderland in the prem, but was having personal problems and i think he deserves another crack. VERDICT - personally i think he is good enough to get double figures in the Prem

Jon Parkin - i think he is as far removed from a footballer you can get, way too fat, very slow with a poor first touch. Also, doesnt win too man headers considering his hight and weight. VERDICT - will probably stay, i suppose he can come off the bench to make a nuisance of himself

Nat Jarvis - another one i dont know much about. hasnt really featured but is still young VERDICT - will probably stay, maybe the club will look to loan him out.

SUMMARY ;
Bothroyd (KEEP)
Chopra (KEEP)
Parkin (KEEP)
Jarvis (KEEP)

obviously this is a small list, but going back to the midfielders, if we were to keep bellamy and JET then thats another 2 players who can play up top, still think we will need one more though. It might be tough to get him, but someone like Sturridge at Chelsea/Bolton would be a great signing

Re: Premiership Ambitions - Strikers

Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:26 pm

Call me a sentimental old fool but id like earnshaw back on a free transfer. Would also want bothroyd to sign a new contract and sign another striker on loan, Sturridge would be awesome but bigger clubs will be in for him, same with welbeck. Possibly a yakubu or someone else with a scoring record at the top level.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:39 pm

yakubu is a good shout, as it doesnt look like liecester are going to get promoted now. also borini has had a good start at swansea

Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:50 pm

Hi Paul. Long time since I've seen a post from you.

If we go up I can see these subjects being the main topics during the summer break.

I'm going for Jason Roberts as our main striker target.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:44 am

Personally, when we go up, I would be looking for more quality.

Wigan and Blackpool have both struggled because, by Premiership Standard, they have mediocre strikers.

To stay up I would be looking for a squad that includes Bothroyd Chopra Michael Owen Borini plus 1 other in the £7m bracket

Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:27 pm

Nicky maynard from the wurzels. class act