Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

AMBITIOUS QPR NOW AFTER BULLARD

Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:38 pm

hardly going to set the league on fire with these prospective signings, looks like they are going for survival even before they get there.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... my-bullard

Re: AMBITIOUS QPR NOW AFTER BULLARD

Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:45 pm

'Neil Warnock wants Championship leaders to make a number of signings as he prepares for a relegation scrap next season, with the trio top of manager’s wish list'

The glory of the Premiership ......!!!!

Meanwhile Vincent Tan Pumps several millions in to Cardiff City FC and acquires some of Wales's best talents, Arron Ramsey, Gareth Bale and Craig Bellamy. With construction well underway to extend the seating at the Cosway Stadium Cardiff City set their sights at a top 4 finish in the first season in the Premiership. :lol: (You never know)

Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:17 pm

Not overly excited about a few names I've heard but I think any club coming up needs to be prepared for a survival scrap & consolidation for a season is vital.

Warnock is no mug & buying 5-6 flair players might be a bad move. I'd like to see us buy 3 experienced heads, 2 young starlets & a big name. Warnock knows just how to blend a team with those ingredients & I trust any signings he makes.

People get the impression because our owners are wealthy we will splash the cash, wrong. They are rich QPR football club is not. They are doing a great job off the pitch, lowering debts, increasing turnover & all on a very modest budget. Good business.

Any club including yourselves who think they will go up & spend £20-30M is seriously deluded. It just won't happen.

Besides its all paper talk so don't believe a thing until its on the official site.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:06 pm

just wanna get there now, as youve said its ours to lose but hopefully that wont be the case.

QPR & Cardiff in the premiership sounds good to me :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:41 pm

Its not far from becoming a reality luton.

Great article from a QPR journalist below which would be very similar to Cardiff's strategy also I'd imagine if you went up. Plus a Cardiff player amongst the potential targets.

Worth a read.

http://davidmcintyre.wordpress.com/2011 ... nd-beyond/

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:18 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Not overly excited about a few names I've heard but I think any club coming up needs to be prepared for a survival scrap & consolidation for a season is vital.

Warnock is no mug & buying 5-6 flair players might be a bad move. I'd like to see us buy 3 experienced heads, 2 young starlets & a big name. Warnock knows just how to blend a team with those ingredients & I trust any signings he makes.

People get the impression because our owners are wealthy we will splash the cash, wrong. They are rich QPR football club is not. They are doing a great job off the pitch, lowering debts, increasing turnover & all on a very modest budget. Good business.

Any club including yourselves who think they will go up & spend £20-30M is seriously deluded. It just won't happen.

Besides its all paper talk so don't believe a thing until its on the official site.

As far as I can see a half decent squad in the Prem can survive especially when you look at how tight the bottom half as been. I beleive our Malay investors know good busineess and may have learnt that splashing the cash in football guarantees nothing but disappointment if it doesnt come into fruition. 'IF' we do go up I think the approach would be conservative with re-evaluation during the transfer windows. I can only hope we will have this dilemna !! See you up there ;)