Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Koumas

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:22 am

I know dj got the subs and team changes spot on for the 2nd game in a row on tues, but im a bit miffed why he didn't give koumas the last 20 mins at sheffield after his superb cameo appearance against doncaster????

In jones interview before the game he said in his words, kouie was flying in training monday morning and full of confidence, surely bringing him on for a good run out when we were cruising at 2-0 wouldn't have done him no harm at all, and he mite even have bagged a few more goals the mood he was in, hence improving our goal diff a bit more!

I just hope it doesn't dent his confidence again now, cos he must be thinking what as he got to do to get a game, he must have thought he had a great chance of starting never mind not even getting on the pitch at all, anybody else a bit miffed by jones decision not to bring him on when we only used 2 subs and still had 1 available?

Re: Koumas

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:23 am

He'll get 20 minutes against Portsmouth most probably.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:25 am

I can see where your coming from fella because i was delighted koumas got a brace against donny!As long as we're winning,thats all that matters :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:25 am

Love to see Koumas given a go now thats for sure :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:27 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Love to see Koumas given a go now thats for sure :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I'd love to see him in action against qpr,put tarrabt in his place

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:27 am

Eddie ccfc wrote:I know dj got the subs and team changes spot on for the 2nd game in a row on tues, but im a bit miffed why he didn't give koumas the last 20 mins at sheffield after his superb cameo appearance against doncaster????

In jones interview before the game he said in his words, kouie was flying in training monday morning and full of confidence, surely bringing him on for a good run out when we were cruising at 2-0 wouldn't have done him no harm at all, and he mite even have bagged a few more goals the mood he was in, hence improving our goal diff a bit more!

I just hope it doesn't dent his confidence again now, cos he must be thinking what as he got to do to get a game, he must have thought he had a great chance of starting never mind not even getting on the pitch at all, anybody else a bit miffed by jones decision not to bring him on when we only used 2 subs and still had 1 available?

I know where your coming from. But no. We were winning 2-0 and why change
the shape of the team. Perhaps he was waiting on a third goal, then Koumas
would have come on. A two goal lead can be dodgy if the other team pull one
back. I'm with misery guts on this one!!

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:31 am

Sheffield United are a big physical team and I believe that DJ made the right decision in bringing on JET instead of koumas! :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:32 am

Do you all think is confidence will be down again now tho after him being on cloud 9 after the donny game?

I hope not cos a confident and fit again koumas will be like a new signing to us for the final few games and may just see us over the finishing line :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:36 am

Eddie ccfc wrote:I know dj got the subs and team changes spot on for the 2nd game in a row on tues, but im a bit miffed why he didn't give koumas the last 20 mins at sheffield after his superb cameo appearance against doncaster????

once we were 2-0 up and didnt need a goal, i think he did the right thing by not bringing Koumas on...

only because, chances are he'd have come and not scored, but now the first time he get's game time after his brace will be in our next home game when the fans will be right behind him and chanting his name, and we may even need a goal after 60 mins against Pompey who knows, and he will be coming onto the pitch knowing that the last time he played he scored twice, rather than having played 20 mins since against sheff Utd and maybe not scored this time around...

if any of that makes sense
quite hard to explain what i mean

Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:56 am

The trouble was lads, that we had already used 2 subs.

So if he came on with 20 left, then someone pulled their hamstring, we would be down to 10 men, then we just have to defend our 2 goal lead for our lives.

DJ is taking no risks at this stage of the season (look at the surplus of GK's for e.g) and good on DJ :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:00 am

CCFCBULL wrote:The trouble was lads, that we had already used 2 subs.

So if he came on with 20 left, then someone pulled their hamstring, we would be down to 10 men, then we just have to defend our 2 goal lead for our lives.

DJ is taking no risks at this stage of the season (look at the surplus of GK's for e.g) and good on DJ :ayatollah:

Spot on. A two goal lead is great but the minute you concede, the impetus goes to
the other side chasing the equaliser. Protect a two goal lead with your lives. Cos
if you do that with strikers like ours, it could soon become three, game over!!