Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Lee Naylor

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:12 am

The guy was awful and he was dropped which was totally the right decision. He for what ever reason is back in the team and you have to hope he has improved. Would i of picked him again ? NO but if he plays on Saturday i will cheer him on and hope he does OK. We cant boo a player that wears the Blue shirt but if its the old Naylor i hope DJ does the right thing.

Re: Lee Naylor

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:14 am

Too right. My balls go into my stomach when I hear his name on the team sheet but I'll still cheer them on. If you don't, well, what's the point???

Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:53 am

He was decent at the start of the season then had a massive loss of form and confidence and was rightly dropped. If he's got his confidence back then I have no problem with him being in the team.

As for booing one of our own players during a game, that's shocking. Shouldn't happen imo, I don't care how bad they are, booing isn't going to help anyone.

EDIT: Just to add, Hudson was in a similar position last season and got a similar reaction. He's been our best player this season imo which goes to show that players can turn things around.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:24 am

I dont think he is as bad as people make out, he has had some very good games but also some very poor games. Is he first choice no, if he plays do I then think we will automatically lose? no

Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:14 pm

I said this before. Darcy Blake came in against the jacks and played a blinder
against wingers with real pace. Yet is dropped to the bench the following week!!
I just cannot see what jones' problem is with the lad. It really is a question of
"who's the biggest gamble"... i know i dont have any concerns about Darcy out there.

Surely Jones MUST have learned from last season with Gerrard/Blake/Hudson....

you HAVE to go with your form players

Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:16 pm

Agree with the OP. I don't like the thought of Naylor playing but if needs must then nobody should boo their own player!! With a bit more confidence and Whitts in front of him rather than Bellamy I'm sure(I hope!) he'll do fine! :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:31 pm

taffyapple wrote:I said this before. Darcy Blake came in against the jacks and played a blinder
against wingers with real pace. Yet is dropped to the bench the following week!!
I just cannot see what jones' problem is with the lad. It really is a question of
"who's the biggest gamble"... i know i dont have any concerns about Darcy out there.

things like this dont help
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28187172/

Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:05 pm

taffyapple wrote:I said this before. Darcy Blake came in against the jacks and played a blinder

Yes, but Blake came on as sub for McNaughton, who was fine for the game the following week against Scunthorpe. So basically you're saying you wanted Blake instead of McNaughton ?

I said this in another thread, but this season is different from last - Hudson is performing a million times better ! And he was the one who was building a good partnership with Keinan. As it happens, fortunately for us, the partnership between McNaughton and Keinan has worked well when it needed to when Hudson is injured. But to be fair, they have played together in 3 games, all of which were against sides near the bottom !