Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHAT FANS WEAR

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:00 am

There colors the most ? I have been looking for a long time now at other teams fans, some of the teams fans like Wolves wear there shirts to most games, next time you see the Wolves fans take a look, its like a sea of Gold. but when I look at our fans o yes some of them have there colors on but its only here and there . Why is this?

Re: WHAT FANS WEAR

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:05 am

welshcitydragon wrote:There colors the most ? I have been looking for a long time now at other teams fans, some of the teams fans like Wolves wear there shirts to most games, next time you see the Wolves fans take a look, its like a sea of Gold. but when I look at our fans o yes some of them have there colors on but its only here and there . Why is this?

Cardiff have a larger casual element amongst it support. lads who wouldnt be
seen dead in football tops. Its that simple. This does not, however, make them
hooligans!!!

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:12 am

taffyapple wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:There colors the most ? I have been looking for a long time now at other teams fans, some of the teams fans like Wolves wear there shirts to most games, next time you see the Wolves fans take a look, its like a sea of Gold. but when I look at our fans o yes some of them have there colors on but its only here and there . Why is this?

hooligans!!!

I never said anything about hooligans, I just think its look amazing when you see a ground full of fans with there shirts on.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:16 am

I do wear our tops regulary but i must admit not to games. I do go Casual but hey at wembley its always a footy top for me :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:18 am

Nuclearblue wrote:I do wear our tops regulary but i must admit not to games. I do go Casual but hey at wembley its always a footy top for me :ayatollah:

:lol: so you have worn it twice ?

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:22 am

welshcitydragon wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:I do wear our tops regulary but i must admit not to games. I do go Casual but hey at wembley its always a footy top for me :ayatollah:

:lol: so you have worn it twice ?

How many times have we been to Wembley in the last few years Chief ? I think its more than twice :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:34 am

I have never worn a Footy top to a match ever ! I did buy a wales one recently but have never worn it anywhere.
Once a did wear a city scarf to a game and Nukes was amazed!
that said I am city through and through.
we are a casual club.

It's a fashion thing. :) :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:37 am

shit I am wrong I did wear a city top to the cup Final ! inside a Nice ots coat! :D

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:42 am

Havent you got a 70s City shirt Jules and haven't i seen you wear that ? See you Sat mate

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:45 am

never wear a city top to matches.
Just never do it.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:46 am

Nuclearblue wrote:I do wear our tops regularly but i must admit not to games. I do go Casual but hey at wembley its always a footy top for me :ayatollah:

Hopefully we won't have to resort to having to wear one at Wembley this season though! ;) :D :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:57 am

I just feel cheesy wearing a Cardiff top to a game. All of my kits are in the spare room in a pile of hoarded mess after we moved last year as well. I sometimes wear other tops to games e.g. Togo or Club Brugge but that's if I am short on clothes to wear and can't fit in a quick wash!

Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:05 am

No mate not me ! :o

Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:13 am

welshcitydragon wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

hooligans!!!

I never said anything about hooligans, I just think its look amazing when you see a ground full of fans with there shirts on.

Sorry mate. I didnt mean to suggest YOU were saying that. But the word
'casual' seems synonymous with hooligans. There's plenty wear all the
clobber but got no interest in rucking

Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:53 am

Norwich are always a see of yellow when I see them on the box. Notice a trend though it seems the clubs with brighter tops are the ones that we say wear their shirts more maybe they just stand out more

Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:20 pm

Tune in next time Newcastle are on TV. I think you'll find it's most probably they who wear their colours the most, although Norwich and Wolves probably stand out because of the bright colours they wear

Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:50 pm

taffyapple wrote:

hooligans!!!

Very true, taffyapple. I wouldn't wear a football shirt to a city game. Although I have made the exception for Wales. I love the culture, the clothes, the music etc but it doesn't make me a hooligan like some people would try and make out. That's a thing of the past largely, a thing I'm a bit young for, and if I got into bother and couldn't go to football any longer I'd be devastated to say the least!! :lol:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:00 pm

McMurdo wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

hooligans!!!

Very true, taffyapple. I wouldn't wear a football shirt to a city game. Although I have made the exception for Wales. I love the culture, the clothes, the music etc but it doesn't make me a hooligan like some people would try and make out. That's a thing of the past largely, a thing I'm a bit young for, and if I got into bother and couldn't go to football any longer I'd be devastated to say the least!! :lol:

What is 'Casual' music ? ( genuine question )

I thought it was one of the only cults that didn't have a set music associated with it, not like punk,ted,skin,raver, etc.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:06 pm

Judging by our results at Wembley, can you please go casual if we get there again!? :lol:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:14 pm

stan106 wrote:
McMurdo wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
hooligans!!!

What is 'Casual' music ? ( genuine question )

I thought it was one of the only cults that didn't have a set music associated with it, not like punk,ted,skin,raver, etc.

No, your right, but a lot of music I have got into through football, influenced by others and so on if you get me. A diverse range of differing stuff also.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:22 pm

I understand that Lee Trundle now likes to wear a stewards vest to the J's home games, as he needs to supplement his income while his "football career" slowly slips away. Fat Alan Tate also insists that Trundle wears a Leighton "Whisky-Addled-Wife-Beating Drink-Driving Irksome-Twat" James facemask before their regular buggering sessions in vibrant Gorseinon. I also have it on good authority that they have also set up a new cottaging web site called "Golden Shower In The Gower". The reason that the J's have the scruffiest fans in the Championship is as a result of wear and tear after foraging for glue and rats. :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:43 pm

I wear mine to every game. I usually got a jacket on over it when it's cold though.

Grown men who get their "casual" gear out just for the game make me laugh though. They looks silly.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:44 pm

Wore one once in last 30 years n that was FA cup final. So no more for me :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:49 pm

Karl wrote:I wear mine to every game. I usually got a jacket on over it when it's cold though.

Grown men who get their "casual" gear out just for the game make me laugh though. They looks silly.

They dont look silly just a lot smarter then in their footie tops.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:57 pm

murphy wrote:
Karl wrote:I wear mine to every game. I usually got a jacket on over it when it's cold though.

Some are they grown men are turning up dressing like kids. It's hilarious.

You know they don't wear it everyday.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:58 pm

Surely wearing a replica shirt would be more kid-like? :roll:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:55 pm

taffyapple wrote:

hooligans!!!

Spot on. I pride myself on looking sharp on match days...always have since I was a nipper. Days of dressing casual as to not be spotted amongst a crowd are loooong gone, the law can knab you no problem regardless. I have just grown up in a fashion conscious area where literally a naff pair of daps would get your head kicked in at school, on the flip side a lot of respect if you look sharp. My dad regretfully is a life long Chelsea support since the early 70's, growing up he would always come back from London with items that no one in our area had seen and he would always buy me a new jacket or trainers from time to time. Loved it!!

Went on a bit there. lol.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:27 pm

Newcastle

Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:34 pm

Karl wrote:
murphy wrote:

Some are they grown men are turning up dressing like kids. It's hilarious.

You know they don't wear it everyday.

OI!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :lol: :lol:

I'm 40 something

Ive always worn trainers, hate shoes. Jeans and a nice top, not loud, understated.
YES, I do go for certain labels, but I think i looks f*cking lush. I think its more a
case of kids dressing like grown men - the youngsters want to be ME :D

Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:39 pm

To be honest I think replica tops are fine on kids but not grown men. I've never worn colours to a game since the early 80's when it was unfashionable to wear scarfs etc but I like to wear a pin badge.