Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bywater and Naylor

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:56 am

Although we got away with playing them against Sheffield United and things seemed to work out ok .DO you really believe we could get away with it again?I honestly do not think so as better sides than Sheffield will see the flaws in both these players

Re: Bywater and Naylor

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:05 am

if heaton has still got an injury,bywater had to be played,i was shocked as anyone about naylor playing though!In dj i trust :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:08 am

john52 wrote:Although we got away with playing them against Sheffield United and things seemed to work out ok .DO you really believe we could get away with it again?I honestly do not think so as better sides than Sheffield will see the flaws in both these players

I think your right , I lost all my faith in Naylor and as for Buyme waters , every time a ball come into our box or even near it I shit my self. Why the hell did we bring him in when Derby wouldnt play him and now derby had gone and got another goal keeper on loan a few weeks back. A good goal keeper is the key to keeping clean sheets. which is what we need .

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:10 am

welshcitydragon wrote:
john52 wrote:Although we got away with playing them against Sheffield United and things seemed to work out ok .DO you really believe we could get away with it again?I honestly do not think so as better sides than Sheffield will see the flaws in both these players

I think your right , I lost all my faith in Naylor and as for Buyme waters , every time a ball come into our box or even near it I shit my self. Why the hell did we bring him in when Derby wouldnt play him and now derby had gone and got another goal keeper on loan a few weeks back.

in the emergency transfer window,you aint gonna get the best as the best are taken fella

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:13 am

welshcitydragon wrote:

I think your right , I lost all my faith in Naylor and as for Buyme waters , every time a ball come into our box or even near it I shit my self. Why the hell did we bring him in when Derby wouldnt play him and now derby had gone and got another goal keeper on loan a few weeks back. A good goal keeper is the key to keeping clean sheets. which is what we need .

How many goals are Derby conceding Chief ?

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:16 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:

How many goals are Derby conceding Chief ?

What the hells that got to do with it ? if he was that good derby would have kept him then they wouldnt be letting in all them goals.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:20 am

When goalkeepers are letting in a hatfull of goals it has everything to do with it. Who is to say that the new Goalkeeper Derby has got is better than Nearwater ? From the sounds of it he done OK against the Pigs the other night .

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:24 am

I cannot for the life of me see how Naylor got the nod over Darcy on Tuesday

Nuclearblue wrote:When goalkeepers are letting in a hatfull of goals it has everything to do with it. Who is to say that the new Goalkeeper Derby has got is better than Nearwater ? From the sounds of it he done OK against the Pigs the other night .

Well Im going to watch the full 90mins of the game now on Cardiff city Player. and lets face it ,they dont really have big guns do they. Sorry just dont feel safe with this guy, I want Tom back.

Nuclearblue wrote:When goalkeepers are letting in a hatfull of goals it has everything to do with it. Who is to say that the new Goalkeeper Derby has got is better than Nearwater ? From the sounds of it he done OK against the Pigs the other night .

Ye done very good. His kicking game is terrible. But he was not shy to get up and catch the ball comfortably. Also he was looking for the quick break away to Burke. He was good at breaking up sheffield's pressure. :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:44 am

welshcitydragon wrote:

Bywater was first choice for Derby and played for them in his last game, before coming to us on loan!

He left Derby after falling out with the manager and whilst he was also playing behind a shit defence, much the same as Marshall was at Norwich, before DJ signed him for us!

I'm not saying that Bywater is class, but there's worse than him in this division and at the stage of the season we acquired him, we were hardly likely to get some one of the standard of Van Der Sar, Cech or Reina!

As well as that, we didn't have a fit goalie at the time and seeing as we're now back up to second spot, I think DJ did okay on this one! :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:29 am

CCFC- Bramhill wrote:

Ye done very good. His kicking game is terrible. But he was not shy to get up and catch the ball comfortably. Also he was looking for the quick break away to Burke. He was good at breaking up sheffield's pressure. :ayatollah:

thats what i saw aswell,he seems to panic when the ball is passed back to him and tries to hit it first time even when theres no attackers near him,this is something jones and his coaching staff must pick up on .
like you say his quick distribution was a big positive it immediataly put sheff utd on the back foot and when our attackers have the ball we are going to create chances simple as.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:03 am

Bywater played well, definitely more confident under crosses than heaton can be. I wasn't as much of a nervous wreck when they had corners or crosses on Tuesday.

Also Naylor played alright too, I only really remember one mistake. He turned into a bit of trouble and gave a throw in away which came to nothing. Hardly the complete disaster people were making out.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:14 am

fox566 wrote:Bywater played well, definitely more confident under crosses than heaton can be. I wasn't as much of a nervous wreck when they had corners or crosses on Tuesday.

Also Naylor played alright too, I only really remember one mistake. He turned into a bit of trouble and gave a throw in away which came to nothing. Hardly the complete disaster people were making out.

Nobody is suggesting Naylor had a disaster Tuesday. But he wasnt put under any
pressure was he. He will be targetted as a weakness against better sides. That in itself says it all.

Darcy is bloody good at sticking to a task. He's strong in the tackle and has a half-decent
turn of pace. Who's the biggest risk?

Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:27 am

The way people at the crowd were with Naylor, you'd have thought he was having a disaster.

When Blake came on the shape of the defence was no way near as good as the first half. Probably down to him not being a left sided player

Naylor is a half decent left back, ok for this level. Ok he had to be dropped because his confidence was shot, but if that is improved then I'd suggest he is better than blake on the left, at least in the short term if JLS isn't playing and until Hudson comes back and McNaughton moves back across.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:42 am

fox566 wrote:The way people at the crowd were with Naylor, you'd have thought he was having a disaster.

When Blake came on the shape of the defence was no way near as good as the first half. Probably down to him not being a left sided player

Naylor is a half decent left back, ok for this level. Ok he had to be dropped because his confidence was shot, but if that is improved then I'd suggest he is better than blake on the left, at least in the short term if JLS isn't playing and until Hudson comes back and McNaughton moves back across.

PLEASE GOD NO!!!

Hudson has had a great season, but the defensive partnership with SuperKev and
Dekkel is looking really solid. Kev has that extra bit of pace and reads the game
better than Mark Hudson. Obviously he lacks a bit in the air, but if its not broke dont fix it!!!

Jones blew it last season by splitting up Gerrard and Blake, i hope to hell he doesnt
get that "i must play my Captain Marvel' head on again

This really is no slight on Hudson. The timing of his injury has coincided with Keinan
finding his feet properly, its unfortunate for Mark, but Dekkel and Kev look bloody good!!

Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:53 am

They both done ok on Tuesday by all accounts and will have taken confidence from that and the run we are now on.

Maybe they deserve as much credit from Tuesday as the rest who played, won and kept a clean sheet.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:42 pm

taffyapple wrote:
fox566 wrote:The way people at the crowd were with Naylor, you'd have thought he was having a disaster.

PLEASE GOD NO!!!

Dekkel is looking really solid. Kev has that extra bit of pace and reads the game
better than Mark Hudson. Obviously he lacks a bit in the air, but if its not broke dont fix it!!!

Jones blew it last season by splitting up Gerrard and Blake, i hope to hell he doesnt

This really is no slight on Hudson. The timing of his injury has coincided with Keinan
finding his feet properly, its unfortunate for Mark, but Dekkel and Kev look bloody good!!

That is nonsensical, you would leave out probably our player of the season for a full back who is covering at cb because of two OK games in defence against teams at the bottom?

Mcnaughton is great, pacey, reads the game and does a job but he isn't a centre back. As you alluded too, he lacks in the air and this will be an area people will target.

For gods knows what reason on Tuesday in the first half Mcnaughton was marking Bogdanvic and Keinan the other shorter guy. So Sheff Utd were looking at it, OK they are shite so didn't do much about it but Bogdanvic was winning enough balls.

Keinan and Hudson before the injury looked a solid partnership, then with quinn and mcnaugton as full backs that is easily the best back four we have had all season but you'd rather leave Hudson on the bench. Yeah good one

Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:24 pm

fox566 wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

PLEASE GOD NO!!!

That is nonsensical, you would leave out probably our player of the season for a full back who is covering at cb because of two OK games in defence against teams at the bottom?

Mcnaughton is great, pacey, reads the game and does a job but he isn't a centre back. As you alluded too, he lacks in the air and this will be an area people will target.

For gods knows what reason on Tuesday in the first half Mcnaughton was marking Bogdanvic and Keinan the other shorter guy. So Sheff Utd were looking at it, OK they are shite so didn't do much about it but Bogdanvic was winning enough balls.

Keinan and Hudson before the injury looked a solid partnership, then with quinn and mcnaugton as full backs that is easily the best back four we have had all season but you'd rather leave Hudson on the bench. Yeah good one

gotta agree with the above,i love super kev to bits and hes quite possibly the best full back in the league but not CB. Since the turn of the year hudson has been putting in jamie carragher like performances and with keinan who also looks extremely solid,gonna be extremely difficult for any team to score against them pair together.Hudson back in as soon as possible