Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

this qpr buisness?

Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:47 pm

i think the fa, should sort this matter out as soon as possible, what are they waiting for? is it still under investigation,, even if its just a fine,,, even the qpr fans, cant celebrate properly untill the matter is sorted, its not fair on them, or the teams looking for a play off place,

Re: this qpr buisness?

Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:49 pm

ninianblue wrote:i think the fa, should sort this matter out as soon as possible, what are they waiting for? is it still under investigation,, even if its just a fine,,, even the qpr fans, cant celebrate properly untill the matter is sorted, its not fair on them, or the teams looking for a play off place,

they've prolly been bribed

Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:55 pm

imagine the qpr fans down here celebrating promotion, get deducted points, loose in the play off, all on you tube, there rivals will have a field day for years, :roll:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:56 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
ninianblue wrote:i think the fa, should sort this matter out as soon as possible, what are they waiting for? is it still under investigation,, even if its just a fine,,, even the qpr fans, cant celebrate properly untill the matter is sorted, its not fair on them, or the teams looking for a play off place,

they've prolly been bribed

Football Association in bribe scandal? Nah, they're as the honest as the day is long............. :lol:

Have a read of Foul by Andrew Jennings :o

Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:59 pm

No decision until the day before the last game of the season. :roll:

It's a pain. QPR could be promoted before our game and they may take their foot off the pedal, but with this hanging over them they will need to plough on at full pelt in case they get a 3, 6 or 9 point deduction.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:08 pm

The investigation has been completed by the FA Compliance Unit who would have made a recommendation on if there appears to be a breach of FA Rules.

The FA Disciplinary Panel then have to decide if and what charges are to be brought against the club, this part of the process has been completed and QPR would have been given 10 days to either accept the charges or ask for a hearing. Obviously QPR have decided to defend their position and asked for a hearing and the FA have had to appoint 3 members of the panel to hear the case.

The Chairman will be a QC with experience of player contracts with the other 2 members of the panel likely to be independant of the FA. This is why the case will be heard on one day but the results not published until 2 or 3 days later this is because the panels findings will be given to the FA who will then decide on any punishment.

Unfortunately these things can drag on but the very worst thing that can happen is QPR be deducted points which then takes them outside of the automatic promotion places, if that happens they are bound to appeal and again that will take weeks so IMO even if they are found guilty they will be fined and if any points are deducted it will not be enough to stop them being promoted.

I agree it is a mess and should have been dealt with a lot sooner. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:22 pm

They said that they'll be meeting on 2nd may then a decision is made on 6th may, why can't they meet earlier and just get it sorted!?

Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:22 pm

quote,(The FA Disciplinary Panel then have to decide if and what charges are to be brought against the club, this part of the process has been completed and QPR would have been given 10 days to either accept the charges or ask for a hearing. Obviously QPR have decided to defend their position and asked for a hearing and the FA have had to appoint 3 members of the panel to hear the case}.,,,,,,,, so, qpr never liked what they heard then, ,, as they have asked for a hearing, rather than accept there penalty,, will, it be a more harsh penalty for the club,if the decision goes against them?

Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:28 pm

ninianblue wrote: so, qpr never liked what they heard then, as they have asked for a hearing, rather than accept there penalty, will it be a more harsh penalty for the club, if the decision goes against them?

I don't think they were told the penalty, just the charges and it is the charges that they are appealing against.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:32 pm

I don't think they were told the penalty, just the charges and it is the charges that they are appealing against.[/quote]
ah right,

Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:34 pm

[quote="ninianblue"]quote,(The FA Disciplinary Panel then have to decide if and what charges are to be brought against the club, this part of the process has been completed and QPR would have been given 10 days to either accept the charges or ask for a hearing. Obviously QPR have decided to defend their position and asked for a hearing and the FA have had to appoint 3 members of the panel to hear the case}.,,,,,,,, so, qpr never liked what they heard then, ,, as they have asked for a hearing, rather than accept there penalty,, will, it be a more harsh penalty for the club,if the decision goes against them?[/quote]

Thats a fact :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:37 pm

ninianblue wrote:I don't think they were told the penalty, just the charges and it is the charges that they are appealing against.

ah right,[/quote]

They would have been given details of the likely penalties or as Football Authorities like to call them SANCTIONS when they were charged. This must happen so if the club decide to accept the charge there are no surprises in the penalties / sanctions.

However asking for a hearing means they have not accepted the charges and wish to defend the clubs position - A bad move if they are found guilty.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:05 pm

castleblue wrote:
ninianblue wrote:I don't think they were told the penalty, just the charges and it is the charges that they are appealing against.

ah right,

They would have been given details of the likely penalties or as Football Authorities like to call them SANCTIONS when they were charged. This must happen so if the club decide to accept the charge there are no surprises in the penalties / sanctions.

However asking for a hearing means they have not accepted the charges and wish to defend the clubs position - A bad move if they are found guilty.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]
mmmmm, intresting

Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:06 pm

Who cares??

We are in an auto promotion place - need to win 5 games - and all our own doing. So f**k everyone else and let's worry about what CCFC must do :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:09 pm

Merlin wrote:Who cares??

We are in an auto promotion place - need to win 5 games - and all our own doing. So f**k everyone else and let's worry about what CCFC must do :ayatollah:

very positive craig i like it :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:10 pm

Merlin wrote:Who cares??

it would be nice though, if qpr,s, matters was sorted out now, a £100 pound fine, or a 16 point deduction,,,,,, we would know where we stand then?