Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:59 pm

Do We Miss Chopra ?
Would you start Chops v Pompey ?
Are We better without him ?

Honest Opinions Please
Interested in your views :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " HONEST OPINIONS PLEASE "

Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:05 pm

Have him on the bench. Don't change a winning team with momentum, then if needed he knows his place is not guaranteed and he needs to make an impact.

That said, Leicester, Blackpool, Jacks he scored in all those games, a man for the big occasion and we have 5 cup finals left. :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:12 pm

RFMH wrote:Have him on the bench. Don't change a winning team with momentum, then if needed he knows his place is not guaranteed and he needs to make an impact.

That said, Leicester, Blackpool, Jacks he scored in all those games, a man for the big occasion and we have 5 cup finals left. :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:29 pm

Love Chops but he has to wait for his chance again now, bench it has to be.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:33 pm

how much i love chopra i reall think this could be a blessing in disguise i hope i am rite :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Do We Miss Chopra ?

Is he fit for Sat then ?

Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:36 pm

difficult one, his work rate is 150%

Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:37 pm

ADAM PRICE wrote:how much i love chopra i reall think this could be a blessing in disguise i hope i am rite :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Agreed mate... things finally seem to be going our way, and what a guy to unleash when we really need it... :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:39 pm

on the bench to start, then hes there should we need 100% commitment in the second half, just when pompy legs start to fail :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:51 pm

bench to start and seehow it pans out, just hope he has a mug of cocoa and an early night friday night LOL

Gotta love Chops though but a team doing well should stay the same IMO :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:56 pm

agree wouldnt change a winning side,but with chops,JET and a seemingly rejuvenated koumas on the bench thats three massive impact players to call upon
chops would give a tiring defence of any side massive trouble

Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:58 pm

Chops on the bench.

Start with Belamy and Bothroyd up front in a 4-4-2, and bring Chops on for Bellamy for the last 20 minutes if Bellamy is tiring.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:56 pm

Got to keep bellamy up front. Hes been wasted all season playing wide. If he stays fit i think we are going up

Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:24 pm

I don't like to change a winning team for starters.

And I noticed a post earlier either on here or Mike's board with the stats from this season - we've taken more points per game without Chops than we have with him.

Shocked me tbf. I'l try and find it again now.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:56 am

Ive never rated Bellamy as a front player in a 4-4-2 format as he is more effective wide left BUT we have won the past 3 games with him playing that role which leaves JET / Whitts and Koumas chasing that wide position with Burkey out on the right . Chops aint fit yet tho is he ?? :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:35 am

W hen i heard the news that chops was out for the season i thought thats it our chances of going up had gone, but when i thought about it and could it work the other way and be a positive,i dont think bellers jay and chops play well together its better with either one playing with jay up top, i would keep chops on bench for the games he can play in and bring him on for last twenty thirty mins to give bellers a break

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:41 am

If it's not broke, don't fix it. If he had remained fit and played up til now, then I'd say we should keep him in the side. But I wouldn't bring him back into a winning side, leave him on the bench as an impact player. A fit Chopra being brought into a game with 20 - 30 mins left could benefit us greatly in the run-in

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:44 am

Forever Blue wrote:Do We Miss Chopra ?

I think it is too easy to say we don't need him or indeed Hudson after 3 wins on the spin.

There are many factors involved here. The quality of the opposition, the quality of our replacements and depth of squad.

What I will say is to repeat what the press pundits are saying - Bellamy is best at centre forward.

Also to point out here, if Jones did play Naylor to allow JK and JET onto the bench then that was a smart move. If he does it again just hope it does not backfire as a quality winger will destroy Naylor and could allow goals to be scored - Routledge for one :shock:

Re: " MICHAEL CHOPRA IS NEARLY READY TO PLAY AGAIN " BUT

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:12 am

I'm with the majority. Put him back on the bench but until problems arise, keep things as they are. :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:17 am

We're going to need all our quality players over these last five games. Who would've thought Koumas would score what might be the most important goal of our season so far? They've all got to make an impact now.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:17 am

We're going to need all our quality players over these last five games. Who would've thought Koumas would score what might be the most important goal of our season so far? They've all got to make an impact now.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:24 am

Chops is a big player for us and we are now fighting for the prem, so the way I see it is like this .
Would you go into war without one of your best marks man ? even if you dont start the war ( Game ) with him ,its nice to know you can always call him into the front line of fire. Better to have a choice of guns,should one get jamed and refues to fire. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: LET SLIP THEM DOGS OF WAR BLUEBIRDS ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:33 am

Id give him more time - we're getting results, it might be wise to use him as a new signing at later date along with that Koumas guy !!!! DJ doesnt seem to be able to pick a team containing both Chops & Burkey & I think the latter widens our game plan ! I wudnt start Chops at pres & I certainly dont think he can compete with Burkey wide right ! He'll be useful to play up top at some stage , always good for a crucial goal & avin him back a big bonus - for me too early this Saturday ! Bloooooburdzzzz

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:35 am

he's probably not going to be match fit now anyway thats gonna take a few games so bench it would be for me and bring him on steady and if we need him for say Middlesbrough and Burnley we can be sure he will produce the goods. However as everyone is saying if its not broke don't fix it leave things as they are for the moment. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:48 am

Without ant doubt Annis i think you have had your answer

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:56 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Ive never rated Bellamy as a front player in a 4-4-2 format as he is more effective wide left BUT we have won the past 3 games with him playing that role which leaves JET / Whitts and Koumas chasing that wide position with Burkey out on the right . Chops aint fit yet tho is he ?? :ayatollah:

did you rate him when he banged them in for a struggling blackburn team as a striker?

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:06 am

What condition is Chops in ? Yes we do need him he is vital that's for sure but if we are struggling and if he is ready he is unreplaceable and that's fantastic. I would like ti see special K to have a run out if he is that good in training then release him

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:17 am

the only thing i'd change now is Darcy for Naylor. Lee Naylor is the player
other teams are going to target, and the only minus of playing Bellers out
on the left wing is it leaves the opposition with less to worry about out
there and they will run at Naylor. Darcy Blake can cope with pace, his
positioning is good and he can get forward too. I just hope Jones doesnt
do what he did last season and throw Hudson back in if he's fit. No
offence to the lad who has had a good season, but Dekkel and Kevin are
playing bloody well together!!!

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:25 am

As much as I love Chops, he cannot start. Bench for me.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:40 am

Same again from me, keep as is, use him from the bench in a straight swap for bellamy or as additional firepower. No need to rush him back yet. Agree he can win us vital games, which I suppose they all are!