Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DAVE JONES DESERVES

Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:26 pm

Huge amount of credit last night. He took a gamble on the team selection and it paid off massive.

By bringing Naylor back in to the fold, he and Naylor were open for abuse had we conceded a goal from down that wing, there would have been uproar.

He brought Naylor in to allow himself the opportunity to have both JET and JK on the bench, that decision proved pivotal as we now know.

Also bringing in Bywater and having an injured Heaton on the bench was a gamble but again DJ put faith in Bywater when many would have used a 75% fit Heaton first.

Credit where it is due :ayatollah:

Re: DAVE JONES DESERVES

Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:27 pm

obviously bywater kept a cleansheet, how did naylor do? :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:28 pm

Can't see why should anyone give him a credit when anyone with brain would've done the same thing

Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:32 pm

and to be honest we did play the worst team in the division :D

quadsas wrote:Can't see why should anyone give him a credit when anyone with brain would've done the same thing

Not really. Many were claiming Blake or Matthews should have been preferred to Naylor.

I agree with Carl, well done Dave.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:35 pm

:lol: What does Dave Jones have to do to get some credit, like it or not he is still our best manager since Jimmy Schoular :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:38 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:obviously bywater kept a cleansheet, how did naylor do? :ayatollah:

Both had an incredibly EASY NIGHT, Bywater I don't remember having to make a save and Naylor was never tested.

BUT WE WON THATS ALL THAT MATTERS 3pts and THANKS TO OUR LOYAL BAND OF 600 Fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:44 pm

Dave Jones can shagging my missus if he :ayatollah: takes us up :lol:
He will be my hero he can have her for the off season give me some peace.
The man will be a living legend if he gets us promoted and rightly SO !!!
" DAVEY JONES MY LORD DAVEY JONES OOOOO LORD DAVEY JONES " :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:45 pm

ccfcgrangeend wrote:Dave Jones can shagging my missus if he :ayatollah: takes us up :lol:

You must wanna get rid off her then :lol:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:50 pm

The radio commentators said Bywater looked a liability, and made one or two boo boos. Obviosuly I wasn't at the match. Was that the case?

Kev at centre back is good, he seems to provide cover and confidence to Naylor.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:53 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:The radio commentators said Bywater looked a liability, and made one or two boo boos. Obviosuly I wasn't at the match. Was that the case?

Kev at centre back is good, he seems to provide cover and confidence to Naylor.

Here's the Echo's ratings for the boys! :ayatollah:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28510363/

Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:22 pm

We won didnt we thought we wernt going to pick faults :roll:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:25 pm

Sheps & Mcauliffe said he played very well and was very confident in goal

Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:29 pm

Hang on, we should give him credit for playing someone who's single-handedly cost us games? Naylor should never be near the first team, he's f*cking shit.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:34 pm

bluecyw wrote:We won didnt we thought we wernt going to pick faults :roll:

Don't have the bloody audacity to roll eyes at me, all I did was ask a question based on what I heard. Don't be oh so dramatic, love.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:44 pm

If both Darcy and Naylor were fit to start last night then i cannot for the life of me
see why he wanted to start with Naylor. Darcy proved he can cope with pace when
he played against the jacks. His positional play is also excellent, and hes not afraid
to get forward. Baffled me last night, and as has been pointed out... Naylor wasnt
tested at all last night. What happens when he is, and he will be!!! I just hope
Darcy Blake gets the nod for Saturday to be honest.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:50 pm

ccfcgrangeend wrote:Dave Jones can shagging my missus if he :ayatollah: takes us up :lol:

It ain't your Mrs he's interested in :lol: :lol:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:51 pm

bywater made a hash of a few early clearences but from then on he commanded the box extremely well,communicated with his defence and always realeased the ball early to whitts and burkey
must admit i did tut when i saw naylor selected but most of the boys aorund me cheered and got behind him
100% agree with jones to rest lloyd samuel who looked shattered against donny and is still probably not fully match fit
a bold selection which at the end of the day worked so jonesy gets a hell of a lot of credit

Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:04 pm

carlccfc wrote:Huge amount of credit last night. He took a gamble on the team selection and it paid off massive.

By bringing Naylor back in to the fold, he and Naylor were open for abuse had we conceded a goal from down that wing, there would have been uproar.

He brought Naylor in to allow himself the opportunity to have both JET and JK on the bench, that decision proved pivotal as we now know.

Also bringing in Bywater and having an injured Heaton on the bench was a gamble but again DJ put faith in Bywater when many would have used a 75% fit Heaton first.

Wasting your time mate, DJ could win the Champions league and some on here would still not give him credit. Never mind they will be proved wrong. That Man City manager would of have had a hit put out on him if we followed them lol. Mind you he basically said he has 26 players better than Bellamy....... :oops:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:38 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
bluecyw wrote:We won didnt we thought we wernt going to pick faults :roll:

Don't have the bloody audacity to roll eyes at me, all I did was ask a question based on what I heard. Don't be oh so dramatic, love.

TOUCHY :lol:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:01 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Huge amount of credit last night. He took a gamble on the team selection and it paid off massive.

Wasting your time mate, DJ could win the Champions league and some on here would still not give him credit. Never mind they will be proved wrong. That Man City manager would of have had a hit put out on him if we followed them lol. Mind you he basically said he has 26 players better than Bellamy....... :oops:

You're basically doing what Carl has appealed for people not to do. Creating a 'them and us' situation, and making out that people are wrong for having a differing opinion to yours.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:08 pm

In the other thread I know, but alas

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:23 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
BEEP AHM wrote:

You're basically doing what Carl has appealed for people not to do. Creating a 'them and us' situation, and making out that people are wrong for having a differing opinion to yours.

There is one big difference tho fella, we all have opinions, which is right, however, the posts regarding DJ were shall we say 'blinkered' to say the least. Majority of the posts had no real sustenance and were basically a witch hunt. I for one will def admit when I am wrong

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:15 am

To be fair, and I'm not trying to put a downer on it, the decisions Jones is making recently are decisions that 9 times out of 10 wouldn't work. How many times has he brought Koumas on and been let down? How many times has he started Naylor and Naylor has cost us points? Yes, they've done us well so far but you can't honestly tell me he made these decisions knowing something good was going to come of them because he's done it time and time before with a negative result.

However, the bottom line is we have won and just as we'd be angry if his decisions didn't come off, we have to appreciate it when they do.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:30 am

I just hope ANNIS is going to keep to his promise ! he told me once that if DJ got us up he would go up to him and shack his hand ! you remember that mate ? but we need photos of this event . and to be posted up on here . :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:39 am

I'd hug DJ if we got promoted. And that thought pains me. I wouid though

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:44 am

Well done DJ - in no win situation from some of the fans yet has got us 9 points out of 9 and 5 matches to go where we can firmly put our prem dream into motion .

Portsmouth next , Reading the team i fear but win ours we are are :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: