Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THERE IS ALWAYS ONE!

Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:59 am

READING!!

Its great that Cardiff are now in a position where automatic promotion is a real possibility and its in our hands! I do worry though that every season we have a late riser, a team that has one hell of a run and seems completely unstoppable!! Reading have Leicester (h), Leeds (a), Sheff Utd (h), Coventry (a) & Derby (h). They have won every league match since Feb 26th and have no lost since the start of Feb. I hope we don't but I think Cardiff will drop points....can any of these teams stop a Reading team with no pressure its seems and more momentum than a space shuttle??

What are your views?

Re: THERE IS ALWAYS ONE!

Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:13 pm

No pressure???Of course there is pressure on them to gain promotion,same as any other team in our position!Do you think their owner has gone into the changing room and said dont worry if we dont go up this season,there's always next year.finacial pressure is gonna be huge

Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:18 pm

Its going to be tighter than a Nuns fanny Folks :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:28 pm

boxerbob wrote:No pressure???Of course there is pressure on them to gain promotion,same as any other team in our position!Do you think their owner has gone into the changing room and said dont worry if we dont go up this season,there's always next year.finacial pressure is gonna be huge

I understand what your saying Bob, what I mean is that when you look at the table over the majority of this season, Reading have not been in real contention, now they have flown right past everybody and are right in the mix. Im sure not even they expected to have such a turn around, so it does give them the edge.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:30 pm

If we win all our remaining games, we will go up, no matter what Reading do. Reading are only a danger to the teams in the play offs and I don't think we will relinquish 2nd place

Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:31 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:If we win all our remaining games, we will go up, no matter what Reading do. Reading are only a danger to the teams in the play offs and I don't think we will relinquish 2nd place

Im so happy when I read stuff like that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:36 pm

baseboy007 wrote:
boxerbob wrote:No pressure???Of course there is pressure on them to gain promotion,same as any other team in our position!Do you think their owner has gone into the changing room and said dont worry if we dont go up this season,there's always next year.finacial pressure is gonna be huge

I understand what your saying Bob, what I mean is that when you look at the table over the majority of this season, Reading have not been in real contention, now they have flown right past everybody and are right in the mix. Im sure not even they expected to have such a turn around, so it does give them the edge.

They are the form team at the moment.im sure they went on a run at the end of last season but but messed up with a few games to go!every city fan no doubt will be keeping an eye on their results

Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:44 pm

baseboy007 wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:If we win all our remaining games, we will go up, no matter what Reading do. Reading are only a danger to the teams in the play offs and I don't think we will relinquish 2nd place

Im so happy when I read stuff like that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm happy that I've made your day :lol: :lol:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:08 pm

baseboy007 wrote:READING!!

Its great that Cardiff are now in a position where automatic promotion is a real possibility and its in our hands! I do worry though that every season we have a late riser, a team that has one hell of a run and seems completely unstoppable!! Reading have Leicester (h), Leeds (a), Sheff Utd (h), Coventry (a) & Derby (h). They have won every league match since Feb 26th and have no lost since the start of Feb. I hope we don't but I think Cardiff will drop points....can any of these teams stop a Reading team with no pressure its seems and more momentum than a space shuttle??

What are your views?

To answer your question - I think they will lose at Elland rd, to Leeds. Leicester at home will also be very tough for them. :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:40 pm

We're in the position where everyone else will look to see how we've done after their games, they need us to slip up now.

100% focus on our own games now :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:16 pm

The only danger to Cardiff City is Cardiff City

We have stumbled upon a brilliant defensive partnership (kellogs special K's)
These two both read the game well, they both have pace, Kev is a whippet
around the back of the defence. Dekkel is as strong as f**k in the air now he
has settled.

PLEASE.... This is no slight on Hudson, he's had a brilliant season. Maybe had
he steered clear of injury, it would be him and Keinan doing the business, but
either way... our defence suddenly looks CONFIDENT.

Bellamy FINALLY looks fit. We all knew how good he could be in this division
and by f**k is he proving it now. Jones is giving him more of a free role in
and around Bothroyd, and he has grabbed the bull by the horns. He is also
HAPPIER, which means he grumbles less and encourages more. You can see
the effect he's having up there. We look frightening on the break.

Its down to CARDIFF now, nobody else. We should put Pompey to the sword
on Saturday and i tell you what... i reckon Bellers and Co owe QPR a thumping.

Then rest Craig if possible for the AWAY WIN at Preston....

I think we will be promoted to the Premier league against Boro!!!

Erm..... Burnley might be a decent day out :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:29 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Its going to be tighter than a Nuns fanny Folks :lol: :lol: :lol:

And that's tight, not that ive ever shagged a Nun mind :oops: :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:29 pm

Are they still in the cup ?