Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Where are they now

Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:46 am

Past Players anyone know where they are and what they are doing, only asking coz i just had a call off a mate
who just had his breakfast served to him by gordon owen up in a cafe in huddersfield

Gordon owen Cardiff City 1983–1984 39 appearances 14 goals signed from sheffield W

anyone got any more ?

Re: Where are they now

Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:53 am

Pat Heard is a magicain / comedian ......... honest to God as I saw it in 442 Magazine a few years ago ....... Lee Baddeley is a groundsman on a golf course in Exeter and last I heared Peter Sayer was the steward at Preston Golf Club . Mark Walton is living in Aberdare and married to the owner of Amigos Mexican Restraunt but not sure what he does tho ? :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:19 am

Francis Ford is a Health Physics Monitor at my place. Absolute top bloke :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:10 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Francis Ford is a Health Physics Monitor at my place. Absolute top bloke :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I am asking this out of ignorance on my part , but what is a Health Physics Monitor?

Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:35 am

Think we have three out here. Adrian Alston lives in Wollongong and does some coaching down there and I believe also works with disabled children. Top bloke and always makes time for City fans when requested. He actually played for us in one of our Bluebirds downunder games. Great buzz to have a former City Player and Socceroo legend lining up with us for a friendly. :ayatollah: I believe Tony Vidmar is now back in Adelaide but not sure what he does. Spencer Prior is also out here and I think was playing local league football for a while and is now assistant coach to the Matildas. He also seems to crop up on Fox Sports News as a football 'expert'. I'm not sure if it was true but someone told me that he was invited along to our FA Cup final game against Pompey Downunder which received quite a bit of media coverage but he refused to come along.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:42 am

jeff eckhardt is now a kitchen fitter, did my uncles, what a nutter

Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:48 am

Whats Tarki Micalleff upto ?

Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:49 am

Think John Bucannon is a lorry driver ???

Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:21 pm

since62 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Francis Ford is a Health Physics Monitor at my place. Absolute top bloke :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I am asking this out of ignorance on my part , but what is a Health Physics Monitor?

Measures Radiation, and Contamination, as a prevention or as a clean up.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:24 pm

cohen griffith is a gym instructor/footy coach at ystrad college :ayatollah:
top bloke, played a few games of 1 on 1 basketball with him :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:20 pm

nathan blake - media pundit :) 1990 -93 131 apperances 35 goals :D

Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:23 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Whats Tarki Micalleff upto ?

Works for wales national opera in backstage i think

Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:24 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Think John Bucannon is a lorry driver ???

John Buchanon is a butcher in Dingwall

Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:27 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:Pat Heard is a magicain / comedian ......... honest to God as I saw it in 442 Magazine a few years ago ....... Lee Baddeley is a groundsman on a golf course in Exeter and last I heared Peter Sayer was the steward at Preston Golf Club . Mark Walton is living in Aberdare and married to the owner of Amigos Mexican Restraunt but not sure what he does tho ? :ayatollah:

Pat Heard is a magician/comedian

Well not much has changed since his CCFC days.

He disappeared up his own arse on several occasions whilst attempting to defend leaving visiting fans in fits of laughter.

1 of the worst ever CCFC players. Absolute shit. Him, Andy Kerr, Jeff Chandler and Carlton Leonard.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:29 pm

Nigel Vaughan is Youth Coach at Shrewsbury.

Carlton Leonard runs a nightclub in Shrewsbury.

David Giles runs the Rhiwbina branch of the Annis Abraham/Dave Jones love in club.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:38 pm

AberValleyBluebird wrote:cohen griffith is a gym instructor/footy coach at ystrad college :ayatollah:
top bloke, played a few games of 1 on 1 basketball with him :ayatollah:

Il second that.

However, used to put me through my paces in training as I didnt take it serious enough.

Great coach and a top guy, all of our team really respected him fair play.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:59 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:Past Players anyone know where they are and what they are doing, only asking coz i just had a call off a mate
who just had his breakfast served to him by gordon owen up in a cafe in huddersfield

Gordon owen Cardiff City 1983–1984 39 appearances 14 goals signed from sheffield W

anyone got any more ?

Paul Wimbleton-soccer coach in new jersey
http://us.linkedin.com/pub/dir/+/Wimbleton

Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:06 pm

Mark Bonner lives in Chorley and runs www.bonnersfurniture.co.uk

John Williams is a care worker for under priviledged kids in Brum.

Kevin Cooper off to live in Malaysia working for TG

Shamus Kelly plumber.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:07 pm

chris pike is a cricket coach,comes to my boys school coaching :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:09 pm

Chris Pike is a cricket coach.

I coach with him :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:11 pm

Ely_dub wrote:jeff eckhardt is now a kitchen fitter, did my uncles, what a nutter

Jeff is actually a tiler...did my kitchen and know him well, Carl Dale was running his own electrical business in and around Newport!

Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:12 pm

chippy909 wrote:Chris Pike is a cricket coach.

I coach with him :ayatollah:

well hes used to smashing the ball out of the ground!

Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:37 pm

pat mountain,now keeper coach with wolves :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:50 pm

John Toshak unemployed to date, one of the biggest f--k ups city ever made...VERY BIG FAT FACT, oh must say IMHO... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:34 am

John Morgan also works at Ystrad College with Cohen Griffiths.

Bill Irwin (Speaking to him about a year ago) is now the US Womens Under 23 Coach. He is become the Manager at the University of Portland following the death of Clive Charles in 2003.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:37 am

Im sure Keith Robson used to own a pub in Norwich but that was quite a few years ago ?

Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:46 pm

steve mardenborough.works on the railway for sky blue.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:55 pm

clive charles the first black player to play for city in the mid 70s [played in first city games i saw] died a few years ago but acheived great things coaching in america http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clive_Charles :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:28 pm

wayne curtis works as...............??????????????????????

i don't know what he does now, i only see him at family funerals :lol:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:38 pm

Anthony (Tony) Bird [1992-1996 - 75 appearances 13 goals] is a friend of my family now, and has been running his own Dog Grooming business called Immaculate Muts. He lives in Pengam Green, Cardiff, and Like Annis has a great affection for dogs.

No.2 in this list http://www.yell.com/ucs/UcsSearchAction ... lts=&ssm=1

We see him up here regular, as my mother has used him once or twice for her German Shepard, and my brother in law has his dog groomed once or twice a month by him to. Absolute top bloke, great to talk to.

Unfortunately he's really lost interest in football alltogether, and was never ever invited back to CCFC for any reason at all once he left!