Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Stan QPR: I see that you lot have released Chimbonda

Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:17 am

Not sure of the exact details mate but I heard yesterday in the team meeting Warnock told him he will never play for QPR again, Chimbonda reacted badly & off he trots.

I had positive hopes for him when we signed him as he's always played at the top level but he really is a lazy player, totally not a Warnock type player & the debacle at Scunthorpe on Saturday when he played like a schoolboy (they all did to be honest).

Before the game it was a sweltering day & he had a woolly hat on, came on in the game with gloves on. Don't think Warnock wants fannys like that at a time when we're battling for promotion.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:36 am

Yeah, I was initially concerned when you lads signed him but some mates of mine pointed out how Chimbonda is actually really lazy with a stinking attitude and suggested he wouldn't be the revelation I thought he could be. Not surprised to hear this now and I'm sure, knowing Warnock, that the 'you'll never play for QPR again' comment was his way of throwing the challenge to Chimbonda to prove him wrong... Chimbonda obviously didn't fancy the challenge!

Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:48 am

Stan-QPR wrote:Not sure of the exact details mate but I heard yesterday in the team meeting Warnock told him he will never play for QPR again, Chimbonda reacted badly & off he trots.

I had positive hopes for him when we signed him as he's always played at the top level but he really is a lazy player, totally not a Warnock type player & the debacle at Scunthorpe on Saturday when he played like a schoolboy (they all did to be honest).

Before the game it was a sweltering day & he had a woolly hat on, came on in the game with gloves on. Don't think Warnock wants fannys like that at a time when we're battling for promotion.

Poor boy must really feel the cold just as well he didn't come down here :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:52 am

Funnily enough Zabier I said the exact same thing to my pal but by all accounts it was no test of character for Chim it was a clear 'DO ONE' !! :lol:

As you know our squad is not built of top class players or players Premiership teams would be clambering for (Taarabt excluded) but what we do have is one hell of a hard working, salt of the earth, honest bunch of lads & he clearly doesn't fit into that category.

By all accounts he was more concerned with getting up to the players bar after games to see the birds than the game itself :roll: