Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

another weekend where i beleive teams will slip up

Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:15 pm

This weekend hosts some more games where teams charging for the premier league with the final 5 game push could slip up.
starting with norwich who host a recently poor notts forest side whose manager(Billy Davies, massive bell end IMO)has had massive backing since joining them 2 seasons ago on friday night, this game promises IMO to be a good match many will say it favours norwich but forest have got something to prove whilst still in with a shout of playoffs, a loss for them would mean only a slim chance at playoffs so they will be all out for the win a possibiltiy of norwich dropping points here quite likely.

Saturdays matches will see the swans(jack bastards) away to a team who looked like a chance of autos 2 months ago in Burnley who have gone on a massive poor run of late and have little or no chance of a play off spot, still a difficult game for a swans side struggling away from home, many fancy a home win here but i'd say another draw is likely here.

Moving away from this game we see high flying cardiff city(BLUEBIRRRDDSS!!!) home to a portsmouth team who have had a hit and miss season under new boss steve cotterill, they have spurts where they play some excellent football and you don;t know whether your going to be facing Jekyll or hyde when playing this pompey side at the moment, Cardiff though are in fine form since the international break with 3 wins in 3 which has catapulted them back to 2nd in the promotion race and it is up to them to see the job through although they have a few tough games coming up, but confidence is high and most would fully expect a victory at home to pompey on saturday, bellamy will surely be key in this promotion push and has been in fine form the last 3 games, the class he has has been oozing last few games and his desire to win games and drive the troops forward could be the edge in this race for the promised land.

Saturday also sees another team who for most of the season have been in no mans land but a fine unbeaten run has seen reading catapult themsleves into the race for 2nd spot of late and they sit 3 points behind the bluebirds and for me are the real danger, there manager brian mcdermott has done a great job there and they haven't been mentioned much over the season and have got on with what they need to do and that is winning games!!
I expect them to cause cardiff city more trouble in the race for 2nd than that of swansea and norwich although its goin to be tight the last 5 games, readings home tie to leicester, who also promised playoffs earleir on have found themsleves in a mediocre mid table position of late are due a win so this is a tough game for reading although you have to fancy them at home as their home form is excellent.

In short i expect to see norwich and the jacks drop more points this weekend but would go for both reading and the bluebirds home wins, even if results go this way it will still be a dogfight to the end all cardiff city can do is continue to win games and also hope for others to drop points to make that run in a little easier
i firmly believe if we can win our 3 hamoe games plus beat preston away we will be promoted before the last game of the season at burnely, if we draw to QPR then i think it will go to the wire!
i am praying for some luck on the way so that we can achieve what many fans thought was impossible and cement our place in the promised land!!

Re: another weekend where i beleive teams will slip up

Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:44 pm

Great post mate - Have to agree with the way you see the next games.

Reading's next 2 games Home to Leicester and Away to Leeds are their toughest on paper.
They are the team with the momentum,with the run they are on.

At this moment in time i think we will finish eiether 2nd or3rd.
DJ and the players have got us back into pole position,with what has happened in the last 3 games. :ayatollah:

Win the next 5 games...And we are UP...It's now in our hands :ayatollah:

Re: another weekend where i beleive teams will slip up

Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:08 pm

defo only the players can do it now! lets hope they all remian fit and it would be nice if other teams slip up to give us some breathing space but i expect us to be promoted after BORO home leaving a difficult trip to burnley irrelevant