Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dave Jones Career.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:04 am

I'm a fan of dj, but something he said after the donny game has been bothering me.
In a nutshell, he said that for him this was his job/career, and implied that was the end of his emotional invesstment.
Compare that with the love/empathy that shankly and dalglish had for the city and fans of liverpool. God forbid we ever suffer a disaster like they have, but i cant imagine jones investing his time or concern to city fans in such circumstances.
In fairness, i doubt if many managers have that kind of connectin with their clubs/fans anymore, which i find sad.
This is NOT a criticism of dj, nor is it my intention to provoke one. I just feel that to the manager and many players, city is just a job, i know they care, but how good would we be if fans, players and manager were truly as one?

Re: Dave Jones Career.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:08 am

Jones doesnt and will never show ANY emotion from the touchline coz its his way ....... plus he has shares in CCFC so he does have some incentive to well , that and £800K per year plus bonus !

Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:13 am

Thats kind of my point. At Liverpool Dalglish would probably do the job for free!

Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:14 am

He's said many times, that Cardiff is not the team he supports, but the club that he works for!

Either way, even if he gets things wrong on occasion, he's only trying to do what's best for the club, as it's also in his interest as well!

He's been accused many times of not having any passion, but he does get his hands out of his pockets on the odd occasion and shows that it does matter to him!

I'd like him to show it far more times than he does, but I think he's a stubborn old git (like me :old: ) and I don't suppose he'll change now! :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:22 am

I don't subscribe to the whole thing about him not showing passion. To me, it really doesn't bother me that he doesn't. Look at Mick McCarthy, there aren't many managers who show much more emotion than him, but I'd have Jones over him every day.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:32 am

TH63 wrote:I'm a fan of dj, but something he said after the donny game has been bothering me.
In a nutshell, he said that for him this was his job/career, and implied that was the end of his emotional invesstment.
Compare that with the love/empathy that shankly and dalglish had for the city and fans of liverpool. God forbid we ever suffer a disaster like they have, but i cant imagine jones investing his time or concern to city fans in such circumstances.
In fairness, i doubt if many managers have that kind of connectin with their clubs/fans anymore, which i find sad.
This is NOT a criticism of dj, nor is it my intention to provoke one. I just feel that to the manager and many players, city is just a job, i know they care, but how good would we be if fans, players and manager were truly as one?

Wait a Min , what he means by that is that its his job, which means that it do, mean a lot to him, as its the way he pays his bills and feeds his family. So that show how he feels about his job,and which means how much his job really means to him.
Just cos he is the manager of Cardiff dont mean is very heart is in the club,but to keep his job he knows he must do the very best he can to keep it. You know some times to have your heart and soul in a club isnt always a good thing.
Its a bit Like a Doctor dont get involed with the person on a personal level , leave that to the nurse ( The Fans ) the doctor ( The manager ) will sort out the problem .

Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:52 pm

Being a football manager at the same club for 6 years is a lifetime, especially when that club isn't a Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool. So you would think that by now DJ would have developed some kind of attachment to Cardiff?

I have seen how other fans have treated their managers THIS season (think of Hodgson at Liverpool or even Houllier at Villa) and what about the Jacks with Sousa last season?

Sorry but our fans have never got remotely close to that kind of abuse towards Jones, despite the repeated disappointments when he comes up short; so it is grossly unfair of him to care so little or have such a poor opinion of us by making such silly uncaring comments.