Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

bilbao and santander

Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:19 am

anyone been to these places i heard theres lovely beaches and scenery around these areas.
but whats the weather like there is it better than the uk? :lol:

Re: bilbao and santander

Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:22 am

jinks-rct wrote:anyone been to these places i heard theres lovely beaches and scenery around these areas.
but whats the weather like there is it better than the uk? :lol:

The Basque country is one of the finest places in the world. Couldn't really help you out with Santander and and Bilbao as haven't really spent any time in the cities themselves but have spent quite a bit of time in the surrounding areas. San Sebastian is my favourite place in the area and not to be missed. Renouned as having the best tapas in the world and an amazing party scene. Really cool old town with lots of little back streets that don't really get lively until midnight and then party all night. Nice beaches too. Weather can be pretty patchy as it rains a lot as the mountains attract clouds but the fact the Pyranees are so close by means that there is fantastic scenery close by. Also been to Pamplona and the running of the bulls which is good but actually have had a better time at similar festivals just over the border in the French part of the Basque country. Interesting culture too, the Basque people are extremely proud of their history and fiercly independant from Spain. Beaches are really good too, some of the best surf in the world on it's day. Not sure how long you plan on going for but maybe get a cheap Ryanair flight to Biarritz pick up a car and do a road trip to Bilbao checking out Bayonne, St Jean de Luz, San Sebastian, Zarutz, Mundaka and other places on the way.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:29 am

f**k me akat alan wicker lol

Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:43 am

The Premier 1 wrote:f**k me akat alan wicker lol

:lol: :lol:

thanks for the reply i will look into it :ayatollah: