Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Rugby player arrested for fighting.....

Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:16 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-13042358

I wonder how much exposure this will get in the press and how much of a slating he will get from the public?

Can you imagine what would happen if a footballer was caught doing this?(It's bad enough when they are acussed!)

Worse still if a fan did it!!

Let me guess, different rules for rugby players? "Boys will be boys" and all that shite.

There you go Castleblue...you asked for a discussion on it! I was annoyed when I saw the headline and thought about a thread, saw you post on another thread and that pushed me over the edge!! :lol:

I hate egg chasers, different set of rules for them off the pitch as well as on it!

Re: Rugby player arrested for fighting.....

Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:25 am

I can remember it kicking off in Swansea 1 nite a few years back after Pontypridd played Dunvant ........ the Chief and 1 or 2 others had a bit of a ruck with some bouncers I seem to remember ?? Ole , Ole , Ole ............... :D

Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:25 am

Let's hope BD only gets a caution just like our Craig.

I couldn't stand the thought of Rugby fans accusing our footballers of getting preferential treatment.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:29 am

The rugby players are always trouble. I remember being in Walkabout one night a few years back and Colin Charvis was out with his mates. One of his team mates (not sure who but my rugby playing friends knew he was a big player) came onto my mate's missus in front of us all and she shunned him so he started getting aggressive with her. My mate had a go at him so this rugby player head butted him. We went and complained to the bouncer and the bouncer just told us to f**k off because he was mates with this rugby player. Not been to Walkabout since.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:42 am

Zabier wrote:The rugby players are always trouble. I remember being in Walkabout one night a few years back and Colin Charvis was out with his mates. One of his team mates (not sure who but my rugby playing friends knew he was a big player) came onto my mate's missus in front of us all and she shunned him so he started getting aggressive with her. My mate had a go at him so this rugby player head butted him. We went and complained to the bouncer and the bouncer just told us to f**k off because he was mates with this rugby player. Not been to Walkabout since.

Had a similar experience one night in Tiger Tiger. I was in there with some mates and my girlfriend of the time. Probably best not to name him but the guy who plays centre for the blues and Wales(the 1 with the bald head)asked 1 of the boys g'friend to go home with him. She said no, to which to replied but i'm "*** ********". He proceeded to go for the girls fella when he realised what was going on and came to tell the egg chaser to clear off.

Does my head in how they get treated so differently by the local rags and even a fair chunk of joe public! :evil:
Last edited by i've got my pick n shovel! on Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:43 am

Vintage 63 wrote:I can remember it kicking off in Swansea 1 nite a few years back after Pontypridd played Dunvant ........ the Chief and 1 or 2 others had a bit of a ruck with some bouncers I seem to remember ?? Ole , Ole , Ole ............... :D

Probably the same incident I observed. On the Kingsway?

Ponty battered them, a few well known players in attendance. When heddlu turned up they asked the chief if he could take himself to the awaiting van. :D

Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:45 am

I remember christmas last year all the ospreys players were on their christmas party fuckin trashed the rugby club wher they were havin it,not a mention of it though,fcukin wankers the lot of em

Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:45 am

Jordi Culé wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:I can remember it kicking off in Swansea 1 nite a few years back after Pontypridd played Dunvant ........ the Chief and 1 or 2 others had a bit of a ruck with some bouncers I seem to remember ?? Ole , Ole , Ole ............... :D

Ponty battered them, a few well known players in attendance. When heddlu turned up they asked the chief if he could take himself to the awaiting van. :D

Help.....my thread is being taken over by egg chasers!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:54 am

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:
Jordi Culé wrote:

Help.....my thread is being taken over by egg chasers!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

No egg chaser butt. If a couple of lads have a row, I just don't feel the need to act all sanctimonious about it.

Leave them row, we've all done it.

I thought this was a 'lads' site?

Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:21 am

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-13042358

I wonder how much exposure this will get in the press and how much of a slating he will get from the public?

Can you imagine what would happen if a footballer was caught doing this?(It's bad enough when they are acussed!)

Worse still if a fan did it!!

Let me guess, different rules for rugby players? "Boys will be boys" and all that shite.

There you go Castleblue...you asked for a discussion on it! I was annoyed when I saw the headline and thought about a thread, saw you post on another thread and that pushed me over the edge!! :lol:

I hate egg chasers, different set of rules for them off the pitch as well as on it!

Sounds like a Saturday night out in Dodge City doesn't it but because it's an egg chaser mark my words this will get very little media coverage.

Now when our friends in mediawales will probably include in their coverage of this incident something like " Craig Bellamy is understood to have been in a hotel in South Yorkshire at the time of the alledged incident and our sources understand he is unlikely to be interviewed at this stage"

IMO just the different standards they apply when it comes to reporting on any football player compared to rugby, makes my blood boil. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:48 am

Who could forget the pitch roller being run over a woman in a tent which was pushed by pissed rugbyfans/players

Yet dopey Dan o' neil of the Eggo was moaning about a City fan throwing a burger at a Bristol coach which is ironic as it was football, but no mention of the pitch roller :?

Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:41 pm

Thuggish egg-chasing scum should be jailed.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:53 pm

Bradley Davies in all fairness is a top bloke, and I don't think any of us know the facts behind this yet. There are plenty of knobheads amongst Joe Public out in the big bad world and plenty who want to show they are the big tough guy and looking for a scalp or a story to make them look like he men. Let's hear the story before we hang anyone. :old:

Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:36 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Bradley Davies in all fairness is a top bloke, and I don't think any of us know the facts behind this yet. There are plenty of knobheads amongst Joe Public out in the big bad world and plenty who want to show they are the big tough guy and looking for a scalp or a story to make them look like he men. Let's hear the story before we hang anyone. :old:

Spot on Gwyn.