Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: With it being 50 years since USSR put a man into space

Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:28 am

Midfield general wrote:do you believe that there are others out there somewhere in Space..?

what Ruskies?

Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:37 am

Never mind about putting a man in space 50 yrs ago. The question is can Dave Jones put a man in the Premiership in 2011. :lol:

Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:38 am

Bluebird64 wrote:Never mind about putting a man in space 50 yrs ago. The question is can Dave Jones put a man in the Premiership in 2011. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:38 am

Midfield general wrote:do you believe that there are others out there somewhere in Space..?

what you mean others?

Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:24 am

Don't know about that, but i know that it's been 50 years since Cardiff City were last in the First Division.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:37 am

My belief is there has to be other life out there. The universe is to big to be without life and if life is here it has to be somewhere else. What would be the point in the Universe ? But are they visiting us ? Nah if they had technology to travel such massive distance why would they want to visit our species just to see Koumas scoring that free kick. :lol: and also they had travelled trillions of miles and when they got here they crashed :? or does Women drivers reputation go right across the Galaxy :lol: :lol:
But it will soon be proven that Micro organisms exist in space and it is widely believed certain strains of influenza exist in comet trails and when certain one's pass then an epidemic then brakes out.
But in short life has to exsist else where but what would that life look like ? Just look at our Planet to see there are Millions of different living Animals insects ETC and even Humans are different, Why are some White, Black, Oriental, ETC why on the same planet are we different. Who evolved from What ? 8-) 8-) 8-)

Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:40 am

Nuclearblue wrote:My belief is there has to be other life out there. The universe is to big to be without life and if life is here it has to be somewhere else. What would be the point in the Universe ? But are they visiting us ? Nah if they had technology to travel such massive distance why would they want to visit our species just to see Koumas scoring that free kick. :lol: and also they had travelled trillions of miles and when they got here they crashed :? or does Women drivers reputation go right across the Galaxy :lol: :lol:
But it will soon be proven that Micro organisms exist in space and it is widely believed certain strains of influenza exist in comet trails and when certain one's pass then an epidemic then brakes out.
But in short life has to exsist else where but what would that life look like ? Just look at our Planet to see there are Millions of different living Animals insects ETC and even Humans are different, Why are some White, Black, Oriental, ETC why on the same planet are we different. Who evolved from What ? 8-) 8-) 8-)

exactly!!!

Earthlings cant be the only life in the universe, they found dead micro-organisms on mars (life which used to exist), they've found 10 planets like Earth (all the elements to support life) but 10x bigger, the governments are secretive anyway, and ive noticed in a few speeches made by previous american presidents (yes i have a life before anyone asks :lol:) made hints. JFK (or was it clinton?) made a very big hint in his. :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:51 am

Bluebird64 wrote:Never mind about putting a man in space 50 yrs ago. The question is can Dave Jones put a man in the Premiership in 2011. :lol:

Yes, he'll sell Jay to Fulham :lol:

Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:13 pm

Daya wrote:

what Ruskies?

Hahaha, no idea why but that's made me laugh. :lol:

I think it would be extremely naive and arrogant to believe there is no other life out there. I'm not saying aliens have visited Earth but I certainly think our knowledge of the universe is so small and infantile that we can't possible proclaim to be the only living species around.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:31 pm

Zabier wrote:
Daya wrote:

what Ruskies?

Hahaha, no idea why but that's made me laugh. :lol:

I think it would be extremely naive and arrogant to believe there is no other life out there. I'm not saying aliens have visited Earth but I certainly think our knowledge of the universe is so small and infantile that we can't possible proclaim to be the only living species around.

get a few government officials drunk and im sure they'll spill a few beans on the matter

Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:32 pm

Depends what kind of life you are talking about.

If you refer to Intelligent life (eg. Humans) Then personally it is my opinion that WE are the only life in existence in the whole of space as we know it. There could POSSIBLY be intelligent life on another planet in another Galaxy but it was already proven somewhere that for life to start post-BIG-BANG the conditions for it to begin had to be exact to the most miniscule degree!

IS it possible for life to start as it did here, after the Big Bang, in another location billions of light years away with the exact same conditions that produced life and our solar system? Can the magnitude of such a mean feat be cloned in an instant and create what is such an incredible utilisation of physics and chemistry beyond our knowledge simultaneously or pre/post our begining - Personally I think not. I believe we are a one off, a miracle!

Looking at it another way, If we were in a tiny populated inter-stellar world with other inteligent beings, WHY are WE the only life form wanting to explore - to build our knolwedge of worlds, space and time between us, WE might have found micro organisms, and Water and Ice on other planets and satelites, but there has never been a shred of credible evidence to prove otherwise.

Im sorry but the sightings of little green men, and circular flying saucers do not whet my apetite of thought, and believe me, Ive taken a keen interest in UFO, and Alternate outer space life form as a young child because the subject/topic is extremely interesting and because there is no evidence of decent proportion then you will always have your sceptics, cover ups, sightings, programs and movies! This is the way of the modern world, and without it there is no hope.

I do however, find it odd, some of the stories of times from the Inca's, myan's and the Egyptians, the artifacts and the knowledge these people possesed was incredible - where did they get all their resources and information from. To this day certain things remain a mystery, but for me - It wasnt deposited from rocket spaceships from the sky from intelligent life...
The actual physical and chemical evidence from the process of the Big Bang is real, and it cant be discredited and therefore I can only beleive what is possible.

Whether my post here, will make you think whether we are alone in the universe is up to you as we all have our own opinions and thoughts, but for me - Im afraid to say - Blasting tunes of Elvis Presley and Michael JAckson beyond our atmosphere is a waste of time..... We should concentrate on repairing and rebuilding our own planet before seeking for others containing life, because if anyone really put us here, or is watching the way we exist - then they will see the state we are in and take action. If we keep getting visitations, and lifeform with more advanced technolgy than our own is out there, or even here? then why aren't they helping us, or why aren't they maintaining their own planet that they put us on to reproduce and survive?

What ever you think - nobody is right or wrong, it is YOUR opinion, so just thought I'd add some food for thought - AGAIN! :lol:

:faroah: ;)

Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:33 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:exactly!!!

Earthlings cant be the only life in the universe, they found dead micro-organisms on mars (life which used to exist), they've found 10 planets like Earth (all the elements to support life) but 10x bigger, the governments are secretive anyway, and ive noticed in a few speeches made by previous american presidents (yes i have a life before anyone asks :lol:) made hints. JFK (or was it clinton?) made a very big hint in his. :ayatollah:

I think the fossilised micro-organisms which were found in a meteor which had landed in Antarctica millions of years ago have for the most part been dismissed as something else.

That said I can't wait for the planned 2020 mission to Europa, the icy moon world orbiting Jupiter. The plan is to drill through the ice and launch a robotic submarine to search for life that might live in the underworld ocean, just like it does under the Arctic on Earth.

I also agree with your opinion that Alien life does exist and high powered Government's may have already been in touch with super intelligent extra terrestrial life. I find it amazing that we went from propeller powered spitfire aeroplane technology in 1945, to landing on the moon (600,000 mile round trip) only 24 years later in 1969.

I also think the micro-computer revolution is based on Alien technology as is the amazing advancement in medical treatments.

Of course that would beg the question just what do the Aliens expect in return for their generosity? The answer to that is unclear but I’m sure the Naming Rights on CCS tops the list. ;)

Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:46 pm

Merlin wrote:Depends what kind of life you are talking about.

If you refer to Intelligent life (eg. Humans) Then personally it is my opinion that WE are the only life in existence in the whole of space as we know it. There could POSSIBLY be intelligent life on another planet in another Galaxy but it was already proven somewhere that for life to start post-BIG-BANG the conditions for it to begin had to be exact to the most miniscule degree!

IS it possible for life to start as it did here, after the Big Bang, in another location billions of light years away with the exact same conditions that produced life and our solar system? Can the magnitude of such a mean feat be cloned in an instant and create what is such an incredible utilisation of physics and chemistry beyond our knowledge simultaneously or pre/post our begining - Personally I think not. I believe we are a one off, a miracle!

Looking at it another way, If we were in a tiny populated inter-stellar world with other inteligent beings, WHY are WE the only life form wanting to explore - to build our knolwedge of worlds, space and time between us, WE might have found micro organisms, and Water and Ice on other planets and satelites, but there has never been a shred of credible evidence to prove otherwise.

Im sorry but the sightings of little green men, and circular flying saucers do not whet my apetite of thought, and believe me, Ive taken a keen interest in UFO, and Alternate outer space life form as a young child because the subject/topic is extremely interesting and because there is no evidence of decent proportion then you will always have your sceptics, cover ups, sightings, programs and movies! This is the way of the modern world, and without it there is no hope.

I do however, find it odd, some of the stories of times from the Inca's, myan's and the Egyptians, the artifacts and the knowledge these people possesed was incredible - where did they get all their resources and information from. To this day certain things remain a mystery, but for me - It wasnt depsited from rocket spaceships from the sky from intelligent life...
The actual physical and chemical evidence from the process of the Big Bang is real, and it cant be discredited and therefore I can only beleive what is possible.

Whether my post here, will make you think whether we are alone in the universe is up to you as we all have our own opinions and thoughts, but for me - Im afraid to say - Blasting tunes of Elvis Presley and Michael JAckson beyond our atmosphere is a waste of time..... We should concentrate on repairing and rebuilding our own planet before seeking for others containing life, because if anyone really put us here, or is watching the way we exist - then they we see the state we are in and take action. If we keep getting visitations, and lifeform with more advanced technolgy than our own is out there, or even here? then why aren't they helping us, or why aren't they maintaining their own planet that they put us on to reproduce and survive?

What ever you think - nobody is right or wrong, it is YOUR opinion, so just thought I'd add some food for thought - AGAIN! :lol:

:faroah: ;)

im sorry but some of the sightings seem genuine, i saw a programme on a history channel, with military encounters, british and us military jets have allegedly shot down ufo's, now i wouldnt know if i should believe that cause although the governments are releasing their archives i dont think they would release that much. Pilots flying passenger airlines, cargo planes etc, see ufo's which dont show up on the radar and do very weird things.

But it raises a question, if the aliens are real and have the technology to travel accross galaxies in short time (unless they've been here for a long long long time) why arent they using their technology to wipe us out? are they observing us? are they in contact with us but people the government doesnt want to tell the public? or are the ufo's really secret projects from the military aroundthe world.

The us air force have been working on a secret project which got out, called project AURORA, its basically a jet which can break the sound barrier ( i think thats how fast it goes), theres proof of it which again i found on TV, a weather satellite picked up a trail which was mysteriously made very very fast from somewhere in america to london in a matter of a few seconds which is insane, theres been sighting in both america and britain.

I know ive mentioned the government quite alot today, but think about it, would they tell the public aliens exist? or would they wait for the public to find out first? they are very secretive when they shouldnt be, they are not in charge of the country, no one is, they are administrators, they're supposed to stabalise the economy and keep the country in balance.

And I've rambled on and wouldnt be suprised if i get a message from the CIA for mentioning project AURORA :lol:

Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:47 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

I think the fossilised micro-organisms which were found in a meteor which had landed in Antarctica millions of years ago have for the most part been dismissed as something else.

That said I can't wait for the planned 2020 mission to Europa, the icy moon world orbiting Jupiter. The plan is to drill through the ice and launch a robotic submarine to search for life that might live in the underworld ocean, just like it does under the Arctic on Earth.

I also agree with your opinion that Alien life does exist and high powered Government's may have already been in touch with super intelligent extra terrestrial life. I find it amazing that we went from propeller powered spitfire aeroplane technology in 1945, to landing on the moon (600,000 mile round trip) only 24 years later in 1969.

I also think the micro-computer revolution is based on Alien technology as is the amazing advancement in medical treatments.

Of course that would beg the question just what do the Aliens expect in return for their generosity? The answer to that is unclear but I’m sure the Naming Rights on CCS tops the list. ;)

so the aliens are cosway? :lol:

Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:54 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

so the aliens are cosway? :lol:

Yep live long and prosper :geek:

Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:55 pm

im sorry but some of the sightings seem genuine, i saw a programme on a history channel, with military encounters, british and us military jets have allegedly shot down ufo's, now i wouldnt know if i should believe that cause although the governments are releasing their archives i dont think they would release that much. Pilots flying passenger airlines, cargo planes etc, see ufo's which dont show up on the radar and do very weird things.

But it raises a question, if the aliens are real and have the technology to travel accross galaxies in short time (unless they've been here for a long long long time) why arent they using their technology to wipe us out? are they observing us? are they in contact with us but people the government doesnt want to tell the public? or are the ufo's really secret projects from the military aroundthe world.

The us air force have been working on a secret project which got out, called project AURORA, its basically a jet which can break the sound barrier ( i think thats how fast it goes), theres proof of it which again i found on TV, a weather satellite picked up a trail which was mysteriously made very very fast from somewhere in america to london in a matter of a few seconds which is insane, theres been sighting in both america and britain.

I know ive mentioned the government quite alot today, but think about it, would they tell the public aliens exist? or would they wait for the public to find out first? they are very secretive when they shouldnt be, they are not in charge of the country, no one is, they are administrators, they're supposed to stabalise the economy and keep the country in balance.

And I've rambled on and wouldnt be suprised if i get a message from the CIA for mentioning project AURORA :lol:

And you are the only human that knows of this project? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Aurora
The one that nobody can credit or discredit?

I know a Jet plane that breaks the sound barrier called a Concorde?

Can I also remind you that UFO stands for Unidetified Flying Object - so many of these sightings have other/credible explinations and ones that are more realistic that little green men flying around at the speed of light?

Im pretty sure governments and miltary organisations are certainly more advanced in their technologies than they seem to let us know, but realistically not as far fetched as some make it out to be.....

It is my opinion that we should travel way back into the past and rediscover, so that we can travel into the future......

Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:05 pm

Merlin wrote:

And you are the only human that knows of this project? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Aurora
The one that nobody can credit or discredit?

I know a Jet plane that breaks the sound barrier called a Concorde?

Can I also remind you that UFO stands for Unidetified Flying Object - so many of these sightings have other/credible explinations and ones that are more realistic that little green men flying around at the speed of light?

Im pretty sure governments and miltary organisations are certainly more advanced in their technologies than they seem to let us know, but realistically not as far fetched as some make it out to be.....

It is my opinion that we should travel way back into the past and rediscover, so that we can travel into the future......

Did I say I was the only human that knew about it? :roll: besides theres alot of information on the internet as you;ve just shown by go to wiki (which isnt always accurate)

And yes im fully aware that ufo doesnt necessary mean an alien craft, it could be a bird from a very far distance that looks like a black sphere.

Ofcourse governments and military organisatios are more technologically advanced than they tell us :lol: i wouldnt be suprised if they have a fecking fleet up in space since the worlds economy just happen to collapse, (and before you say anything im not saying that i believe they've got a fleet im just saying). US military have just used a LASER on a small boat recently (which they didnt keep from the public which is a suprise) and they're making progress which worries me, they can burn it and set it on fire.

But anyway, cardiff to get three points tonight :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:09 pm

Have you read the book " Chariots of the Gods"

If you havent I do recommend a read of that mate! I'll bet my bottom dollar you wont be able to put it down!

p.s. I wasn't having a go ! :lol: was just saying! ;)

Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:08 pm

Tony I think you have hit the nail on the head with this one.

The aliens are visiting us even now in the shape of Sam Hammam who is in amicable talks at the highest level on a daily basis.

Carl was about to reveal this in an explosive exclusive , but Sam`s fellow aliens read this board and got to him , erasing the knowledge from Carl`s mind before he had chance to actually post. :D ;)

Suddenly everything becomes a lot more clear :shock:

Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:17 pm

Robin Friday was a 'space man' :lol:

And I think a few of our supporters a in 'space' come kick-off on a Saturday :lol:

Now all we need now is for the team to put some 'space' between us and the Jacks tonight and we'll all be going Inter-Galactic!! :ayatollah:

But to answer your question seriously....there are millions and millions of stars/planets/galaxies out there, so does anyone SERIOUSLY believe there isn't SOMETHING (I'm not sure what) out there that could be considered as a 'life form'??

Another question that does my box because I cannot comprehend it is:

WHERE DOES THE UNIVERSE END IF IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE 'INFINITE'??

Think about it....we are taught that EVERYTHING ends somewhere....but if so, what's outside that and where does THAT end and what's outside that??

You might call me odd (many do!!! :lol: ) but give yourself a minute and I'm sure you'll see what I mean....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:27 pm

as a member of cardiff astronomical society, then i can tell you that we are one of a million species on a ball of rock, floating in a galaxy of a hundreds of billions of stars, in a universe of a billion galaxies.
there has to be life out there.
there is a mission to dig in mars which leaves soon and organisms will probably be found. europa (an icy moon orbiting jupiter will probably hold life too)
as for ufo`s, then IMO if aliens want to be seen they would have, and if they wanted to remain hidden they would have, the whole idea of incompetent aliens is too daft to comprehend.