Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Are people really 100% behind what the Malaysians are doing?

Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:16 am

thats just a small part of their plans im sure . Its all about Malaysia and Malaysians at home and all that goes with it.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:19 am

Add Tony Fernades to your facebook and watch what happens whenever he posts something about his Lotus race team or Air Asia.

He's like a national hero.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:21 am

Midfield general wrote:CCFC was one of the last remaining football clubs for the working man until we moved.

you can forget that now mate. thats gone forever.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:28 am

Midfield general wrote:
Daya wrote:
Midfield general wrote:CCFC was one of the last remaining football clubs for the working man until we moved.

you can forget that now mate. thats gone forever.

I know and people wonder why the older heads are now staying away
nobody cares about that any more. its all about the new image for Malaysia.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:34 am

Midfield general wrote:
Daya wrote: nobody cares about that any more. its all about the new image for Malaysia.

I can see why they are doing it but in my opinion is morally wrong

its the erosion of the tradition just that people cant see it yet and more transfixed on prem football, the majority would be happy under anyone in return for prem football , although many will be disapointed when the novelty wears off and realisation the history and tradition has been traded for it.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:39 am

I can see why they are doing it but in my opinion is morally wrong[/quote]

its the erosion of the tradition just that people cant see it yet and more transfixed on prem football, the majority would be happy under anyone in return for prem football , although many will be disapointed when the novelty wears off and realisation the history and tradition has been traded for it.[/quote]

Couldn't have put it better myself and the novelty will wear off within 2/3 seasons in the premiership very easily.[/quote]

got to get there first and then stay there !!! the average loyal fan will be priced out.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:45 am

Midfield general wrote:
Daya wrote:I can see why they are doing it but in my opinion is morally wrong

its the erosion of the tradition just that people cant see it yet and more transfixed on prem football, the majority would be happy under anyone in return for prem football , although many will be disapointed when the novelty wears off and realisation the history and tradition has been traded for it.

Couldn't have put it better myself and the novelty will wear off within 2/3 seasons in the premiership very easily.[/quote]

got to get there first and then stay there !!! the average loyal fan will be priced out.[/quote]

Many fans including myself at times are already being priced out[/quote]

you aint seen nothing yet!!

Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:54 am

Midfield general wrote:
Daya wrote:you aint seen nothing yet!!

What else do you think they have planned..?

COSWAY Stadium.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:11 am

After last season's miss out and the fact that we still aint promoted YET then Prem football is still a possibilty and not a certainty yet for the Malaysians .......... if CCFC miss out again next month what will they do as far as next season is concerned ? At the back of my mind is VT and will he try and recoup his money in " loan notes " just like Sam did that worries me for the future IF we dont go up !

Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:55 am

Midfield general wrote:I must admit that I was very happy when they rescued the club but there is a line which for me they have crossed recently with regards to the youth set-up.

Not sure what you mean by this.

If it is that there has not been enough new investment in the Academy (is there any evidence that the funding has dropped other than hearsay?) , then could it be a case of prioritising what their money is being used for? i.e. dealing with the debts that they inherited first to ensure that there is a club in existence for Academy players to come through into?

I don`t know any of the answers , just trying to expand the debate.

Keith

Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:00 am

Daya wrote:
Midfield general wrote:
Daya wrote:you aint seen nothing yet!!

What else do you think they have planned..?

COSWAY Stadium.

But at least that would knock £9m off the debt due to Sam at no cost to the club. So that`s got to be a good thing surely?

And as far as I am concerned , I follow the team that plays at the stadium , whatever the stadium is called.Whether its Cosway , Admiral (or Poundstretcher!) in the title makes little difference in reality.

Keith

Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:05 am

Midfield general wrote:I must admit that I was very happy when they rescued the club but there is a line which for me they have crossed recently with regards to the youth set-up.

I'm not sure what line you think they may have crossed but for me I see a group of people working really hard to develop Cardiff City Football Club.

As I see it having a football academy set up in our name in Asia, and we the people with the experience and determination to drive it forward can only be good for the future of our club. There are millions of people in Asia and amongst them you have to think there will be some footballers of world class potential and as I see it this gives us an opportunity to be first in line to get them.

Whats wrong with that. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:08 am

since62 wrote:

Not sure what you mean by this.

If it is that there has not been enough new investment in the Academy (is there any evidence that the funding has dropped other than hearsay?) , then could it be a case of prioritising what their money is being used for? i.e. dealing with the debts that they inherited first to ensure that there is a club in existence for Academy players to come through into?

I don`t know any of the answers , just trying to expand the debate.

Keith

Glad you asked that, thought it was just me missing something! :?

Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:00 am

am i behind the malaysians slowly taking over wales...well aslong as they get cardiff (soon to be cosway fc) into the champions league i couldnt care less :D

all im gonna say is i aint learning a new language as i can barely speak english :lol: and as long as they improve wales crack on :D

naaah only joking wales is improving, looks like cardiff central station is getting a £200mil revamp :shock:

Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:26 am

Vintage 63 wrote:After last season's miss out and the fact that we still aint promoted YET then Prem football is still a possibilty and not a certainty yet for the Malaysians .......... if CCFC miss out again next month what will they do as far as next season is concerned ? At the back of my mind is VT and will he try and recoup his money in " loan notes " just like Sam did that worries me for the future IF we dont go up !

Martyn that wont happen, too much money invested and too much promotional push in Malaysia. Premiership is all they understand and need , out there it will be Malaysia V Arsenal, Malaysia V Man U if you get my drift.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:34 am

What else do you think they have planned..?[/quote]

COSWAY Stadium.[/quote]

But at least that would knock £9m off the debt due to Sam at no cost to the club. So that`s got to be a good thing surely?

And as far as I am concerned , I follow the team that plays at the stadium , whatever the stadium is called.Whether its Cosway , Admiral (or Poundstretcher!) in the title makes little difference in reality.

Keith[/quote]

Morning Keith,

I think we both know they wont pay Sam a penny and are playing a very shrewd game, hence why its not already the Cosway Stadium. They slicing up Sam like a slice of bacon just appeasing him and pretending to be " his friend" in good old english slang we call it " mugging him off"

Of course they don't have to pay 9 million either its UP to .

Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:39 am

Daya wrote:
Midfield general wrote:
Daya wrote: nobody cares about that any more. its all about the new image for Malaysia.

I can see why they are doing it but in my opinion is morally wrong

Well said butt.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:53 am

Daya wrote:What else do you think they have planned..?

COSWAY Stadium.[/quote]

Keith[/quote]

Morning Keith,

I think we both know they wont pay Sam a penny and are playing a very shrewd game, hence why its not already the Cosway Stadium. They slicing up Sam like a slice of bacon just appeasing him and pretending to be " his friend" in good old english slang we call it " mugging him off"

Of course they don't have to pay 9 million either its UP to .[/quote]

Morning Steve.

What I was trying to say was that anything they (or anyone else) pays for the stadium naming rights knocks £9m off what is owed to Sam and so gets rid of another debt recorded in the accounts. As you say , it is up to £9m that has to be paid across and no organisation in its right mind would pay anything like that amount for stadium naming rights at CCFC.

Keith

p.s. did you get my p.m. re the Portsmouth/QPR games?

Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:59 am

Daya wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:After last season's miss out and the fact that we still aint promoted YET then Prem football is still a possibilty and not a certainty yet for the Malaysians .......... if CCFC miss out again next month what will they do as far as next season is concerned ? At the back of my mind is VT and will he try and recoup his money in " loan notes " just like Sam did that worries me for the future IF we dont go up !

Martyn that wont happen, too much money invested and too much promotional push in Malaysia. Premiership is all they understand and need , out there it will be Malaysia V Arsenal, Malaysia V Man U if you get my drift.

I understand Steve ...... aslong as its Cardiff v Arsenal and Cardiff v Man Utd over here , altho I hope it wont be Swansea v Man U or Arsenal ? Seen that happen 30 years ago and that was once in a lifetime too much for me ! So how long do you think Malaysia will wait for CCFC though assuming we dont go up ?

Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:18 am

We can only speculate on the Malaysians are up to, but so far it is hard to go against what they are doing.

I do feel for Sam Hammam as to be honest they probably have him by the balls when it comes to the loan notes, although oddly IMO the stadium naming rights is probably his biggest asset?

VT wants the COSWAY Stadium big time so if I was Sam I would sell the NR to VT for £9m and right off the loan notes.

As for the rest I have done the freezing stadium on a Tuesday night with a crowd of 3k. Yes it was brilliant when I was a teenager but now I'm nearly 50 I want a comfortable stadium, a reasonable atmosphere, Premiership football with a financially stable football club.

Memories will never fade but things also move on and for now our best hope of emerging above the rest (many clubs are going to fail over the next few yeas) lay with the Malaysians so because of that they have my absolute backing.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:21 am

Never forget having my half time piss in the " open air " bogs on the Bob Bank at NP , especially on a rainy day :old:

Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:23 am

If City don't make the Premier league, will they be financially stable?

Massive gamble if it all goes tits up IMHO.

What's the current amount of the debt?

Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:32 am

With all the expectation and potential revenue coming out of Malaysia I bet DJ must be bricking it at the mo ? Its not quite shit or bust this season for CCFC but maybe for him !

Also be interesting to know how much the debt is at CCFC currently excluding what's owed to Sam ?

Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:52 am

What line??

As far as gearing a club up for Premiership Football then I think they are doing a
great job. Laying foundations, clearing historical debt. Streamlining, opening
new income streams. Getting Cardiff City out to a wider audience. They youth
set-up certainly appears to have been neglected of late. But again, it is a long
term source of income for the Club, and will eventually pay for itself. It will be
sorted. Believe me, the draconian bollocks inside that new ground from Nash
and his storm troops only mirrors whats happening everywhere else in other grounds.

Am i 100% behind what they are doing? Yes and no.

I always wanted to see my Club competing at the highest level. We now have owners
determined to make that happen, and with the financial clout to pull it off.

But i doubt ill be an active Cardiff City supporter for much longer. I wont go in the CCS
at the minute. Id sooner travel down and stay in the pub with me mates. Unless the
attitude towards the fans changes then my generation of loud, passionate, working class,
sometimes aggressive but not necessarily thuggish fans will be consigned to history.
Along with the famous intimidatory atmosphere of old.

So for ME its too high a price, we might as well be watching Cardiff f*cking Blues!!

But the Malaysians are gearing us up for the top flight, and going about it in the right
way.

Its just a shame that when we get there. it will be treated with polite applause and not
the deafening spine-tingling roar that the history of the club deserves

Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:36 pm

So by that school of thought, Man United are now the USA, Man City are the United Arab emirates, Blackburn is India,QPR is Italy, Fulham is Egyptian, and most of the others with foreign owners, so are we saying next years fixtures wont show Man United versus Man City, it will show U.S.A. versus The Arab Emirates. Duh :o

If no one with money in Wales or the U'k' was prepared to step up to the mark and the Malaysians did, then that's O.K. by me,to be honest the f*cking Vulkans could own it if they kept us in business.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:19 pm

BigGwynram wrote:So by that school of thought, Man United are now the USA, Man City are the United Arab emirates, Blackburn is India,QPR is Italy, Fulham is Egyptian, and most of the others with foreign owners, so are we saying next years fixtures wont show Man United versus Man City, it will show U.S.A. versus The Arab Emirates. Duh :o

If no one with money in Wales or the U'k' was prepared to step up to the mark and the Malaysians did, then that's O.K. by me,to be honest the f*cking Vulkans could own it if they kept us in business.

I know, mad innit. I love some of these thinly veiled "I know something you dont know"
comments on here!!

I kind of doubt that Vincent Tan has secretly applied to the league for Cardiff City to
change its name to

"Allah Most Merciful - But he like a bet, get down Vinnie T the bookies NOW Football Club...

Or that Vt will be printing songsheets:

"Down the bookies, place your bets" to the tune of hyms and arias

or

"Mo-hammed, wo-oh
Mo-hammed, wo-oh-oh-oh
He spoke, to all the Gods
They told him try fixed odds"

Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:30 pm

100% behind them.
And who cares if in Malaysia they would see it as Malaysia v Man-u?? Im not going to be sitting in my seat at CCS watching premiership football worrying about what they think watching it on tele. If it means we get better sponsorship, sell a few more shirts etc etc then brilliant.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:44 pm

In Asia they follow the Prem League only full stop ........ Malaysians will take notice of Cardiff if and when they go up due to the fact that Malaysian businessmen own the Club and will be promoting them via the media as the 1st ever Malaysian owned Prem League team in the UK !

Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:59 pm

its all horses for courses to personal taste. Changing face of football i guess , i more for keeping the tradition and not sitting in a stadium dressed to kill to appease the Malaysian audience. Yes fine to watch the likes of Arsenal grace the turf the way they do, but it comes with a price.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:21 pm

BigGwynram wrote:So by that school of thought, Man United are now the USA, Man City are the United Arab emirates, Blackburn is India,QPR is Italy, Fulham is Egyptian, and most of the others with foreign owners, so are we saying next years fixtures wont show Man United versus Man City, it will show U.S.A. versus The Arab Emirates. Duh :o

I dont see Old Trafford dressed in Stars and Stripes. Its still Old Trafford. The same at the Eastlands, no dressage for the UAE.

Blackburn the same. okay Fulham have Michael Jackson now! :lol: :lol: but thats about it and still have their west london tradition at Craven Cottage .

At Cardiff it's already different and it will spread and spread, flags, advertising Malaysia , malaysian stadium names etc etc etc.

Durrrrh.

thats the changing face , but your easily pleased to the way all Malaysians operate ( apart from paying your old mucker Sam back! ) Gwyn take a larger outlook and look how Malaysians operate , they are a very proud nation and its all about Malaysia! so there goes your tradition and your welsh roots and heritage at Cardiff City!! up in smoke. but yes you dont give a rats arse as long as the team is in the prem!

Lotus came a Malaysian thing over night and the whole of Malaysia supports Team Lotus , the factories being moved there too, the tradition and history of Colin Chapman and its Norfolk routes totally washed away !!! Very similiar to what will happen to City .