Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Are people really 100% behind what the Malaysians are doing?

Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:41 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Daya wrote:I can see why they are doing it but in my opinion is morally wrong

its the erosion of the tradition just that people cant see it yet and more transfixed on prem football, the majority would be happy under anyone in return for prem football , although many will be disapointed when the novelty wears off and realisation the history and tradition has been traded for it.

Couldn't have put it better myself and the novelty will wear off within 2/3 seasons in the premiership very easily.[/quote]

got to get there first and then stay there !!! the average loyal fan will be priced out.[/quote]

Many fans including myself at times are already being priced out[/quote]
of course if yoiu are a loyal supporter you will have a season ticket with a 5 year price freeze

Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:42 pm

Daya wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:So by that school of thought, Man United are now the USA, Man City are the United Arab emirates, Blackburn is India,QPR is Italy, Fulham is Egyptian, and most of the others with foreign owners, so are we saying next years fixtures wont show Man United versus Man City, it will show U.S.A. versus The Arab Emirates. Duh :o

If no one with money in Wales or the U'k' was prepared to step up to the mark and the Malaysians did, then that's O.K. by me,to be honest the f*cking Vulkans could own it if they kept us in business.

I dont see Old Trafford dressed in Stars and Stripes. Its still Old Trafford. The same at the Eastlands, no dressage for the UAE.

Blackburn the same. okay Fulham have Michael Jackson now! :lol: :lol: but thats about it and still have their west london tradition at Craven Cottage .

At Cardiff it's already different and it will spread and spread, flags, advertising Malaysia , malaysian stadium names etc etc etc.

Durrrrh.

thats the changing face , but your easily pleased to the way all Malaysians operate ( apart from paying your old mucker Sam back! ) Gwyn take a larger outlook and look how Malaysians operate , they are a very proud nation and its all about Malaysia! so there goes your tradition and your welsh roots and heritage at Cardiff City!! up in smoke. but yes you dont give a rats arse as long as the team is in the prem!

Lotus came a Malaysian thing over night and the whole of Malaysia supports Team Lotus , the factories being moved there too, the tradition and history of Colin Chapman and its Norfolk routes totally washed away !!! Very similiar to what will happen to City .

Goin to be lookin at an asian set of drivers before long aswell i reckon

Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:49 pm

Daya wrote:its all horses for courses to personal taste. Changing face of football i guess , i more for keeping the tradition and not sitting in a stadium dressed to kill to appease the Malaysian audience. Yes fine to watch the likes of Arsenal grace the turf the way they do, but it comes with a price.

And this from the man who sits in the Diamond hospitality suite, keeping it real and traditional, down there with the lads hey. :twisted:

Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:53 pm

The roots, history & tradition is within each & every elder fan and passed onto the next generation of fan. Cardiff City will always fly under the Welsh flag, Its inevitable that the majority will be priced out by the co-operate premiership(if we go up) but then no doubt by hook or by crook we'll find that money. Its how the owners prey on us, simply because of the passion CCFC fans have for its club. I really cant see Welsh people forgetting our roots, I think we are a unique race of Celts. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:54 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:We can only speculate on the Malaysians are up to, but so far it is hard to go against what they are doing.

I do feel for Sam Hammam as to be honest they probably have him by the balls when it comes to the loan notes, although oddly IMO the stadium naming rights is probably his biggest asset?

VT wants the COSWAY Stadium big time so if I was Sam I would sell the NR to VT for £9m and right off the loan notes.

As for the rest I have done the freezing stadium on a Tuesday night with a crowd of 3k. Yes it was brilliant when I was a teenager but now I'm nearly 50 I want a comfortable stadium, a reasonable atmosphere, Premiership football with a financially stable football club.

Memories will never fade but things also move on and for now our best hope of emerging above the rest (many clubs are going to fail over the next few yeas) lay with the Malaysians so because of that they have my absolute backing.

Tony . I am certain that Sam doesn`t own the stadium naming rights so its not up to him who they are sold to.

What he /Langston has is the right to the proceeds when those rights are sold . Most observers doubt if they will generate anywhere near £9m so he will undoubtedly have to settle for far less than that.

Keith

Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:30 pm

Daya wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:So by that school of thought, Man United are now the USA, Man City are the United Arab emirates, Blackburn is India,QPR is Italy, Fulham is Egyptian, and most of the others with foreign owners, so are we saying next years fixtures wont show Man United versus Man City, it will show U.S.A. versus The Arab Emirates. Duh :o

If no one with money in Wales or the U'k' was prepared to step up to the mark and the Malaysians did, then that's O.K. by me,to be honest the f*cking Vulkans could own it if they kept us in business.

I dont see Old Trafford dressed in Stars and Stripes. Its still Old Trafford. The same at the Eastlands, no dressage for the UAE.

Blackburn the same. okay Fulham have Michael Jackson now! :lol: :lol: but thats about it and still have their west london tradition at Craven Cottage .

At Cardiff it's already different and it will spread and spread, flags, advertising Malaysia , malaysian stadium names etc etc etc.

Durrrrh.

thats the changing face , but your easily pleased to the way all Malaysians operate ( apart from paying your old mucker Sam back! ) Gwyn take a larger outlook and look how Malaysians operate , they are a very proud nation and its all about Malaysia! so there goes your tradition and your welsh roots and heritage at Cardiff City!! up in smoke. but yes you dont give a rats arse as long as the team is in the prem!

Lotus came a Malaysian thing over night and the whole of Malaysia supports Team Lotus , the factories being moved there too, the tradition and history of Colin Chapman and its Norfolk routes totally washed away !!! Very similiar to what will happen to City .

Similar how?

Lotus was owned by Americans, then Italians before the Malaysians came on board. Perhaps part of
their business plan was to move production to Malaysia, cheaper?? Lotus had dropped out of
the Formula One Circuit before the Malaysians got them back in there Nobody likes to see jobs
leaving the UK but it happens in every industry.

Cardif City are not going to be based in Malaysia any time soon :lol: ... nor is the core fan base ever
going to shift from a 30 mile radius of the current ground.

If its the Cosway Stadium then so be it?

It will be the Cardiff City Cosway Stadium, so what?

I'd prefer that to "The Recievers Stadium"

No matter WHO came in and saved this club, they were inevitably going to put their
stamp on things.

The only alternative would have been us playing Newport and Wrexham next season
and watching the club die quietly.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:50 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Similar how?

Lotus was owned by Americans, then Italians before the Malaysians came on board. Perhaps part of
their business plan was to move production to Malaysia, cheaper?? Lotus had dropped out of
the Formula One Circuit before the Malaysians got them back in there Nobody likes to see jobs
leaving the UK but it happens in every industry.

Cardif City are not going to be based in Malaysia any time soon :lol: ... nor is the core fan base ever
going to shift from a 30 mile radius of the current ground.

If its the Cosway Stadium then so be it?

It will be the Cardiff City Cosway Stadium, so what?

I'd prefer that to "The Recievers Stadium"

No matter WHO came in and saved this club, they were inevitably going to put their
stamp on things.

The only alternative would have been us playing Newport and Wrexham next season
and watching the club die quietly.

I agree I have absolutely no problem with the Malaysian involvement whatsoever.

Unless of course they plan to replace Clarksies with Dim Sum :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:52 pm

100% backing the Malaysians! Love them for rescuing the club and if we are ever going to be a big club we need to be ambitious and build a world wide fan base! I appreciate this may leave some disenchanted so the club need to make sure the old hardcore dont feel left out. However, If you want to see Cardiff as an established premier league team, with a stadium constantly packed , watching some of the games biggest stars, then we have to break Malaysia and build our world wide profile!

Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:02 pm

If a few Malaysian flags bring us a whole countries support and millions of Malaysians wearing Cardiff City shirts I for one wont have a problem with that, if they want to call it the Malay stadium, no problem with that, if they want a team full of Malaysian players that take us to the top of the Premiership then no problem with that.

If people aren't happy with the way things are going, then buy a controlling share and take away any power they have, until that happens if we can't put up, we have to just shut up.

If I sold my house to someone and they wanted to change the colour or fit pink windows, then it ain't down to me anymore, if they bought a pub and done it out to a manner I disliked, then I'd stop going there. If they make our club a success and stable people will keep coming in numbers, the test will be if the club aren't successful and failing, then yet again the fans will turn, but they wont be turning because we are owned or have links to Malaysia, they be turning because we aren't successful.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:23 pm

Quite right Gwyn they own it and can do what they want to it and attract whatever customer they wish. Whatever someone of us may moan about will not make the slightest bit of difference!

Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:26 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Daya wrote:its all horses for courses to personal taste. Changing face of football i guess , i more for keeping the tradition and not sitting in a stadium dressed to kill to appease the Malaysian audience. Yes fine to watch the likes of Arsenal grace the turf the way they do, but it comes with a price.

And this from the man who sits in the Diamond hospitality suite, keeping it real and traditional, down there with the lads hey. :twisted:

ha ha ha .... all depends who you want to chat with about the football some good folk in there who go way back, in fact the last time i saw you was in there wasnt it albeit in the kahzi :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:29 pm

Thing is Steve, people round me havent changed, we moved together from Ninian Park. Maybe different owners, different stadium name, but we are all there supporting the city. I never bother saying the Cardiff City stadium its still down the City for me :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:41 pm

ADERYN wrote:Thing is Steve, people round me havent changed, we moved together from Ninian Park. Maybe different owners, different stadium name, but we are all there supporting the city. I never bother saying the Cardiff City stadium its still down the City for me :ayatollah:

Very true mate very true.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:05 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Daya wrote:
Midfield general wrote:CCFC was one of the last remaining football clubs for the working man until we moved.

you can forget that now mate. thats gone forever.

I know and people wonder why the older heads are now staying away

I agree the atmosphere in the new ground is 'different' and this is a good post....

But surely there are no REAL excuse for the 'older heads' staying away??

At the end of the day people are either Bluebird supporters or they're not....

Even the 80-minute merchants can call themselves 'supporters' because they get off their backsides for games and PAY their money to get in. That's MY definition of a 'supporter' and not someone (exiles apart) who reads the anti-City biased Echo and slags the team/manager/Board etc off from afar....

This club has moved an awfully long way since the arrival of Sam Hammam (a debate in itself!! :lol: ) and the current Board are trying (as Sam predicted in his "It may take 10 years and someone else to do it...." speech to supporters so many years ago :ayatollah: ) and perhaps we are becoming victims of our own success??

Who amongst us in all reality could have dreamt in 2001 that we would have a new stadium, an FA Cup Final, TWO Play-Off Final appearances (one of which gave us promotion to the Championship at our own Millennium Stadium), a top class manager (another debate to be instigated by Annis :lol: ) who has IMPROVED our position EVERY year since his arrival and billionaire owners with ONE ambition, to get us to the Premiership ASAP????

I KNOW I WOULDN'T HAVE....!! I would have laughed openly at the mere suggestion....

But THIS is football and THIS is Cardiff City Football Club....

In short, ANYTHING can happen in these here parts....and I for one, am THANKFUL to be in on the ride....!!

Can't imagine any reason I'd WANT to miss it....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:26 pm

since62 wrote:
Daya wrote:What else do you think they have planned..?

COSWAY Stadium.

But at least that would knock £9m off the debt due to Sam at no cost to the club. So that`s got to be a good thing surely?

And as far as I am concerned , I follow the team that plays at the stadium , whatever the stadium is called.Whether its Cosway , Admiral (or Poundstretcher!) in the title makes little difference in reality.

Keith[/quote]

Morning Keith,

I think we both know they wont pay Sam a penny and are playing a very shrewd game, hence why its not already the Cosway Stadium. They slicing up Sam like a slice of bacon just appeasing him and pretending to be " his friend" in good old english slang we call it " mugging him off"

Of course they don't have to pay 9 million either its UP to .[/quote]

Morning Steve.

What I was trying to say was that anything they (or anyone else) pays for the stadium naming rights knocks £9m off what is owed to Sam and so gets rid of another debt recorded in the accounts. As you say , it is up to £9m that has to be paid across and no organisation in its right mind would pay anything like that amount for stadium naming rights at CCFC.

Keith

p.s. did you get my p.m. re the Portsmouth/QPR games?[/quote]

No pm mate?

Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:59 pm

Daya wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:After last season's miss out and the fact that we still aint promoted YET then Prem football is still a possibilty and not a certainty yet for the Malaysians .......... if CCFC miss out again next month what will they do as far as next season is concerned ? At the back of my mind is VT and will he try and recoup his money in " loan notes " just like Sam did that worries me for the future IF we dont go up !

Martyn that wont happen, too much money invested and too much promotional push in Malaysia. Premiership is all they understand and need , out there it will be Malaysia V Arsenal, Malaysia V Man U if you get my drift.

Yeah, but in Wales it will be Cardiff City V Arsenal and Cardiff City V Man Utd !!! That's all that matters.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:01 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:We can only speculate on the Malaysians are up to, but so far it is hard to go against what they are doing.

I do feel for Sam Hammam as to be honest they probably have him by the balls when it comes to the loan notes, although oddly IMO the stadium naming rights is probably his biggest asset?

VT wants the COSWAY Stadium big time so if I was Sam I would sell the NR to VT for £9m and right off the loan notes.

As for the rest I have done the freezing stadium on a Tuesday night with a crowd of 3k. Yes it was brilliant when I was a teenager but now I'm nearly 50 I want a comfortable stadium, a reasonable atmosphere, Premiership football with a financially stable football club.

Memories will never fade but things also move on and for now our best hope of emerging above the rest (many clubs are going to fail over the next few yeas) lay with the Malaysians so because of that they have my absolute backing.

One of the more sensible posts I have seen here for a while. If the old style fans don't like it, then they can go and form a "traditional" club like AFC Wimbledon and DC United of Manchester.

Personally, my ample backside would prefer to be sat in a comfortable seat in a comfortable stadium where I don't have to stand in the pouring rain to have a pee, watching Cardiff City (PLC) in the Premier League.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:11 am

quote]

One of the more sensible posts I have seen here for a while. If the old style fans don't like it, then they can go and form a "traditional" club like AFC Wimbledon and DC United of Manchester.

Personally, my ample backside would prefer to be sat in a comfortable seat in a comfortable stadium where I don't have to stand in the pouring rain to have a pee, watching Cardiff City (PLC) in the Premier League.[/quote]

Fair play, one of the most misguided, blinkered and self centred posts I've seen on here. Talk about missing the point.

Do you go to theatre?