Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Congratulations Declan Dalley

Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:18 pm

Released by City just under 8 weeks ago. Offered a 3 year deal with Manchester United.

It's a funny old game.

Re: Congratulations Declan Dalley

Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:08 pm

How can we allow this to happen? If Manure rate him highly enough to offer him a contract he must have something special about him.....yet we release him FFS !!

Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:18 pm

hmmm........does seem to be a concern. What is the Malaysians stance on the youth academy. Surely they cant be impressed by things like this?

Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:20 pm

moonboots wrote:How can we allow this to happen? If Manure rate him highly enough to offer him a contract he must have something special about him.....yet we release him FFS !!

It happens. Isn't the first and certainly won't be the last - at every club in the country.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:23 pm

ccfclover wrote:hmmm........does seem to be a concern. What is the Malaysians stance on the youth academy. Surely they cant be impressed by things like this?

More interested in setting up in Malaysia by the looks of things .

New Academy regulations coming in from the FA too, bet they dont invest to make City Cat A, or possibly Cat B , to be B will cost them another 500k plus a year.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:33 pm

Out of curiosity, how much extra would it cost for Cat A? How old is this kid anyway?

Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:40 pm

ccfclover wrote:Out of curiosity, how much extra would it cost for Cat A? How old is this kid anyway?

Cat A. City are miles away from , its more to do with facilities as well as money. The likes of Villa, Arsenal, Chelsea , are miles and miles ahead. light years away !

City will be Cat 2 or 3, depending on the funding , you have to have 21 full time staff to be Cat 2 i'm informed ,

Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:41 pm

PtB wrote:
moonboots wrote:How can we allow this to happen? If Manure rate him highly enough to offer him a contract he must have something special about him.....yet we release him FFS !!

It happens. Isn't the first and certainly won't be the last - at every club in the country.

To have a talented young player poached by a bigger club is one thing but to release one who is subsequently picked up by a huge club like Manure is quite frankly worrying.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:47 pm

moonboots wrote:
PtB wrote:

To have a talented young player poached by a bigger club is one thing but to release one who is subsequently picked up by a huge club like Manure is quite frankly worrying.

not just a one year deal either ! but 3!

Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:51 pm

this is a disgrace.

apparently this kid is quality, i'm pretty sure he captained wales u16's in a game on sky sports the other month. i remember him looking very good indeed.

if he turns out to be gem...

Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:54 pm

When you say released does that mean he wasnt offered any sort of deal by Cardiff?

Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:56 pm

jaybothroyd wrote:this is a disgrace.

apparently this kid is quality, i'm pretty sure he captained wales u16's in a game on sky sports the other month. i remember him looking very good indeed.

if he turns out to be gem...

He is quality , recieved offers from the following,

Birmingham City.

Tottenham.

Ipswich Town

Bristol City

QPR.

Everton.

to name just a few.

I think hes got far more chance than any Malaysian coming into the pro game from Malaysia!!!

Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:42 pm

Ah well.

The same Manchester United youth set up generated Robbie Savage and Wes Brown. Suffice it to say I'd take Ramsey and Collins over them two any day.

Good luck to the lad, genuinely hope he makes it, all the better for my country (if, as I assume, he's a Welsh lad).

If you'd sat here twenty years ago posting about every time a player went somewhere that wasn't Cardiff City you'd have to buy another laptop every week cos your keyboard would be burnt out.

Maybe one day he'll come here on a season long loan and captain the side to promotion.

Who can tell? I can't. You can't, that's for sure.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:48 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:Ah well.

The same Manchester United youth set up generated Robbie Savage and Wes Brown. Suffice it to say I'd take Ramsey and Collins over them two any day.

Good luck to the lad, genuinely hope he makes it, all the better for my country (if, as I assume, he's a Welsh lad).

If you'd sat here twenty years ago posting about every time a player went somewhere that wasn't Cardiff City you'd have to buy another laptop every week cos your keyboard would be burnt out.

Maybe one day he'll come here on a season long loan and captain the side to promotion.

like you say good luck to him.

20 years ago is a bit different to today though. one things for sure he got a far higher chance than any malaysian !

Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:50 pm

Daya wrote:
DaveSheffield wrote:Ah well.

like you say good luck to him.

20 years ago is a bit different to today though. one things for sure he got a far higher chance than any malaysian !

I'd agree with that - although Malaysia are ranked 128th to Wales' 116th in the world rankings now! Don't know whether to laugh or cry at that tbh!!! :(

Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:55 pm

i wouldnt read too much into Rankings Dave.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:10 am

Midfield general wrote:This kind of thinking around the youth set-up just doesn't make long term business sense. This is very worrying especially as the amount of gems we've had come through the ranks in recent years.

doesnt make any sense - you would think good enough for Man U good enough for City ! its not if Man U are stuck for choice.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:29 am

Daya wrote:Released by City just under 8 weeks ago. Offered a 3 year deal with Manchester United.

It's a funny old game.

f*cking hell :shock:

jonesy doesnt like the young lads does he? :shock:

Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:35 am

Nothing to do with Jones.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:37 am

Daya wrote:Nothing to do with Jones.

whos to blame?

anyway good luck to the lad.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:52 pm

My son played with Declan and he has been released twice by city He is a centre back and played for Wales under 16 but not captain The age group Declan in have beaten man u a few times and are a decent group of lads the stars are IMO Theo Walton and Declan John
Not really overly surprised to see released and surprise at man u signing him A lovely lad and all the best to him His mother will be proud a shame his dad has past away a few years back and is not around to see this
All the best Declan

Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:15 pm

ccfclover wrote:Out of curiosity, how much extra would it cost for Cat A? How old is this kid anyway?

Declan is 16 :ayatollah: