Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

supporters club sheff utd

Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:19 pm

530 odd tickets sold for tomorrow i need 10 more names then we can put an extra coach on: adults £21 18-21 & over 60 £18, under 18 £16 under 18 with adult £14

Ring me 07814 779441

cheers

Re: supporters club sheff utd

Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:22 pm

vince.alm wrote:530 odd tickets sold for tomorrow i need 10 more names then we can put an extra coach on: adults £21 18-21 & over 60 £18, under 18 £16 under 18 with adult £14

Ring me 07814 779441

cheers

Vince, When you thought it was 600 earlier I thought that was Bad to me this is Terrible, 3rd from Top.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:30 pm

Yes mate I thought it would be around 600 as we were on 505 Saturday? bit of a shock to be honest, You know my thoughts on it I posted last week, we are not a big a club as i thought we were if i am being honest! All those years ago when we were at the bottom I always said if we got in this position we would be massive but unfortunately I've been proved wrong. Maybe years of being the bridesmaid and not the bride made a lot of people cynical?

It's not all gloom and doom perhaps all these young kids coming through the family area will boost the numbers in the future when they get old enough to go. I've seen a significant increase in youngsters going to away games during the past 2 seasons so the future may be bright after all :-)

Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:41 pm

vince.alm wrote:Yes mate I thought it would be around 600 as we were on 505 Saturday? bit of a shock to be honest, You know my thoughts on it I posted last week, we are not a big a club as i thought we were if i am being honest! All those years ago when we were at the bottom I always said if we got in this position we would be massive but unfortunately I've been proved wrong. Maybe years of being the bridesmaid and not the bride made a lot of people cynical?

It's not all gloom and doom perhaps all these young kids coming through the family area will boost the numbers in the future when they get old enough to go. I've seen a significant increase in youngsters going to away games during the past 2 seasons so the future may be bright after all :-)

Going away is bloody expensive when you've got kids. I've only done 1 this season-Watford and it cost me the best part of a hundred quid. Would really love to go away more often as atmosphere is great but times are tough and wages only stretch so far.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:46 pm

your spot on there gareth :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
vince.alm wrote:530 odd tickets sold for tomorrow i need 10 more names then we can put an extra coach on: adults £21 18-21 & over 60 £18, under 18 £16 under 18 with adult £14

Ring me 07814 779441

cheers

Vince, When you thought it was 600 earlier I thought that was Bad to me this is Terrible, 3rd from Top.

Tbf, its hard for most cos of school/work etc on a Tuesday night. Plus Sheffield is a treck away :lol:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:50 pm

People work for a living mind guys, not everyone can afford to take time off work, you have to lose 2 days from work plus £100 for the day out, that coming a couple of days after Donny away & a few days before Pompey home, instead of critising the people for not going you should be praising the ones that are going, be positive!!!! :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:55 pm

They dont bring that many too us for a Saturday game let alone a midweek game! I remember playing them at Ninian, a day after Sams Black Friday, they were top of the league & only brought 1 coach! :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:02 pm

I went to Doncaster and now Sheffield, Tuesday, it is expensive, I think the league should look at the home and away double headers, football is getting expensive and with the petrol prices. It will be interesting next season not just for our club but other teams

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:06 pm

vince.alm wrote:Yes mate I thought it would be around 600 as we were on 505 Saturday? bit of a shock to be honest, You know my thoughts on it I posted last week, we are not a big a club as i thought we were if i am being honest! All those years ago when we were at the bottom I always said if we got in this position we would be massive but unfortunately I've been proved wrong. Maybe years of being the bridesmaid and not the bride made a lot of people cynical?

As other people have said, Match tickets have sky rocketed in price, Sheffield is a right mission away and most people can't take a day off work, which would be needed to make it to Sheffield. Also comes a couple of days after Donny away.
Initially when I heard it was only 5-600 i felt some dissapointment, but when you weigh up all the possible reasons for people missing this trip it's quite understandable really

Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:18 pm

Agree long way , costly, weekday ,close to Donny etc etc. Only Managing to go as working in Midlands tommorow. I am sure if we win it will be memorable how ever many there.
Still I do recall however taking 2000ish to Huddersfeild on a tuesday night in 3rd div i think. 2up, but drew 2-2. Shame we are not taking that many tommorow.Sure we will still make a noise. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:24 pm

part of me disagrees. for a 5 hour trip or possibly more it isn't too bad especially after an away game on sat. i would have hoped for slightly more but i would like to see what teams would take considerably more than us on a tuesday night. expensive trip, besides we will still make a lot of noise :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Ring me 07814 779441

cheers

on a school night (so that gets rid off some of the college and schools bluebirds that go), and a working day (minus SOME people who work) and its pricey :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:58 pm

stop your moaning...become a rent boy and get the money!! :lol:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:59 pm

lewis91 wrote:stop your moaning...become a rent boy and get the money!! :lol:

:lol: i have a flu of some sorts leave me be and besides we;re british! we moan its what we do :lol:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:00 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

:lol: i have a flu of some sorts leave me be and besides we;re british! we moan its what we do :lol:

british? i consider myself welsh thank you! :D :ayatollah: :lol:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:01 pm

lewis91 wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

british? i consider myself welsh thank you! :D :ayatollah: :lol:

oh christ :roll:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:03 pm

WALES WALES :lol: :lol:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:04 pm

ohh butttt, im prrrrrrrroud to be weelssh like :lol: makes me shiver when you see really patriotic welsh people on the news talking with their very strong welsh accents

Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:07 pm

jbirdrules wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Ring me 07814 779441

cheers

Tbf, its hard for most cos of school/work etc on a Tuesday night. Plus Sheffield is a treck away :lol:

And the 'plastics' would have to leave 10 mins before the end anyway....!! :lol: :lol:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:07 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:ohh butttt, im prrrrrrrroud to be weelssh like :lol: makes me shiver when you see really patriotic welsh people on the news talking with their very strong welsh accents

sound so much more welsh on tv for some reason, get the real welsh on there..us cardiff boys! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:08 pm

Perhaps if senior supporters weren't slagging off loyal, paying supporters.....then more people would make an effort to go to away games.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:14 pm

bit of a joke..no chance. i like others would go to every game if i could but cant for work reasons. like someone said, you have to take half a day off or even a full one..not everyone ahs a nice boss that means you can miss work for football.

frigging expensive nowadays, im a season ticket holder and father of one. and work 50 plus hours a week, on a quiet week. ive been to 6 away games this season and that i think is class ( sorry for life story but find it annoying) there are genuine reasons for not going and it is nothing to do with loyalty..it is to do with the facts of life..work..family and money

Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:20 pm

marshyccfc wrote:bit of a joke..no chance. i like others would go to every game if i could but cant for work reasons. like someone said, you have to take half a day off or even a full one..not everyone ahs a nice boss that means you can miss work for football.

frigging expensive nowadays, im a season ticket holder and father of one. and work 50 plus hours a week, on a quiet week. ive been to 6 away games this season and that i think is class ( sorry for life story but find it annoying) there are genuine reasons for not going and it is nothing to do with loyalty..it is to do with the facts of life..work..family and money

:ayatollah:

Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:54 am

No problem for the younger ones anyway. I hear over 4 million kids are unemployed because of the down turn in job opportunities, 3 million of them must be in South Wales surely!! :lol: . When this happened in the 80's everyone went around the country on their dole money so why not now? £200 a month for job seekers allowance they get and if im honest most kids don't have any other commitments or outgoings other than buying their bag of skunk! Not that Im having a go...envious actually. :lol: :lol:

Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:38 am

All I am saying when we use to get 6,000 at home in a 4th Division Promotion season, to the likes of Colchester/Northampton etc on a Night game We use to take away 1,500 Fans, Now We get 23,000 at home and We take less away.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:57 am

I do get your point Annis but I also see others as well. Back in the good old days it did not cost a mortgage to get in the ground but now it does. No I am not going today fecking gutted I am but I went Saturday I am working evening shift today and also money with Pompey coming up on Saturday.
You guys enjoy today will be thinking of you all gutted I am not there but will be happy if we come away with 3 points. Is our coach full Annis ?

Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:04 am

marshyccfc wrote:bit of a joke..no chance. i like others would go to every game if i could but cant for work reasons. like someone said, you have to take half a day off or even a full one..not everyone ahs a nice boss that means you can miss work for football.

this sums up what i meant :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:30 am

its more getting the time off work than anything else for me,swapping shifts virtually begging for time off has been a right pain in the arse this season
luckily i grew a set, rang in sick, andsent the missus packing with a few quid as compensation
for city v blades............i ll be there :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:48 am

Nuclearblue wrote:I do get your point Annis but I also see others as well. Back in the good old days it did not cost a mortgage to get in the ground but now it does. No I am not going today fecking gutted I am but I went Saturday I am working evening shift today and also money with Pompey coming up on Saturday.
You guys enjoy today will be thinking of you all gutted I am not there but will be happy if we come away with 3 points. Is our coach full Annis ?

Steve,

Its ended up a 53 seater
With 50 on there :ayatollah: :ayatollah: