Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Can we REALLY catch QPR ?

Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:12 pm

Here is the current League table:

QPR WILL PLAY: HOME - Derby, Hull, Leeds.
AWAY - Barnsley, Cardiff, Watford.

CARDIFF WILL PLAY:[b]HOME - Portsmouth, Boro, QPR.
AWAY - Sheffield Utd, Preston, Burnley.

If Cardiff can take 5 wins and a draw? we will end up on 85 pts
If QPR lose against us, have a stinker somewhere else?? (BIG IF) possibly drop points against Hull or Leeds at home? and get a FA disciplinary of 3-6pts? they could possibly finish on anything from 84-90 pts

Highly likely QPR will take the title - just putting up some food for thought and the table as it stands.....

ALSO noting:

NORWICH WILL PLAY - HOME: Forest, Derby, Coventry
AWAY: Watford, IPSWICH, Portsmouth

SWANSEA WILL PLAY - HOME: Hull, Ipswich, Sheff. Utd.
AWAY: Burnley, Portsmouth, Millwall,

READING WILL PLAY - HOME - Leicester, Sheff. Utd, Derby
AWAY - Scunthorpe, Leeds, Coventry :ayatollah:

Re: Can we REALLY catch QPR ?

Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:15 pm

Merlin wrote:Here is the current League table:

QPR WILL PLAY: HOME - Derby, Hull, Leeds.
AWAY - Barnsley, Cardiff, Watford.

CARDIFF WILL PLAY: HOME - Portsmouth, Boro, QPR.
AWAY - Sheffield Utd, Preston, Burnley.

If Cardiff can take 5 wins and a draw? we will end up on 85 pts
If QPR lose against us, have a stinker somewhere else?? (BIG IF) possibly drop points against Hull or Leeds at home? and get a FA disciplinary of 3-6pts? they could possibly finish on anything from 84-90 pts

Highly likely QPR will take the title - just putting up some food for thought and the table as it stands.....

ALSO noting:
SWANSEA WILL PLAY - HOME: Hull, Ipswich, Sheff. Utd.
AWAY: Burnley, Portsmouth, Millwall,

READING WILL PLAY - HOME - Leicester, Sheff. Utd, Derby
AWAY - Scunthorpe, Leeds, Coventry :ayatollah:

Craig, Sorry to Say in My Opinion WE WILL DEF NOT CATCH THEM, Lets just try our best for 2nd place, that to me will now be an amazing achievement after the way the team have been up to April 1st.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:15 pm

Not unless they get a points deduction to be honest :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:21 pm

if , sorry when we win tomorrow, and if qpr do slip up, the table for us will look a lot more healthier,but, sorry to say it again, we should never have been in this position,with the squad we have we should be doing a lot better, as it stands, its qprs, to loose :roll:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:21 pm

blue nile wrote:Not unless they get a points deduction to be honest :ayatollah:

In my opinion QPR will defo run away with the league - but was listening to a convo today between two other people, and I just wanted to post the league - and put out some thought here regarding the situation. YES, we are currently in a great position. We must NOT concentrate on what the other teams around us are doing, but just get on with what we are doing.... It is possible that we could finish on 87pts..... winning all games, an in my eyes that will definitely secure 2nd place!

I can still see QPR dropping points somewhere, not sure where after the loss to Scunny ;) but it is possible, and NOBODY really knows what the FA will do regarding their charges on 6th May.

I see Reading and Leeds as BIG threats to Swansea - obviously as well as Norwich.

Just interested to hear your views - AGAIN! :lol:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:22 pm

ninianblue wrote:if , sorry when we win tomorrow, and if qpr do slip up, the table for us will look a lot more healthier,but, sorry to say it again, we should never have been in this position,with the squad we have we should be doing a lot better, as it stands, its qprs, to loose :roll:

Scunthorpe reminded them of that Saturday. ;)

Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:31 pm

if it wasnt for warnock, i would say, i hope there thinking there lying on the beach already, or squeeky bum time, but he want let those players rest, maybe they could employ me as the new qpr chef, :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:40 pm

NO CHANCE!

Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:54 pm

More chance of hell freezing over mate.

We are 11 points in front of you with 18 to play for, 2 more wins for us puts us on 85 points where as you need to win every one of your games to overtake us by 2 points.

Can't see it can you.

Concentrate on 2nd place if I was Cardiff management.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:56 pm

We can def close the gap, maybe down to 8 tomorrow night, then 5 after they come to us.
God knows what the FL will give them if its close when they finally do the hearing.
Could make a huge difference.

It would be harsh on the fans and players, but it would be a laugh to see Warnock moan about it after all the carry on he made with the west ham stuff!
:P

then again we might just f**k it up as usual!!! :roll:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:57 pm

Sorry numbers wrong, i meant to say down to 9 then 6 after coming to us!
:roll: :oops: :oops:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:28 pm

who cares as long as we get 2nd :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:37 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:More chance of hell freezing over mate.

We are 11 points in front of you with 18 to play for, 2 more wins for us puts us on 85 points where as you need to win every one of your games to overtake us by 2 points.

Can't see it can you.

Concentrate on 2nd place if I was Cardiff management.

READ MY POST MORE CAREFULLY!

In my opinion QPR will defo run away with the league - but was listening to a convo today between two other people, and I just wanted to post the league - and put out some thought here regarding the situation. YES, we are currently in a great position. We must NOT concentrate on what the other teams around us are doing, but just get on with what we are doing.... It is possible that we could finish on 87pts..... winning all games, an in my eyes that will definitely secure 2nd place!

I can still see QPR dropping points somewhere, not sure where after the loss to Scunny ;) but it is possible, and NOBODY really knows what the FA will do regarding their charges on 6th May.

I see Reading and Leeds as BIG threats to Swansea - obviously as well as Norwich.

Just interested to hear your views - AGAIN!

I gave my opinion, and also stated that I was listening to people talking about it, and just made the post with food for thought, for forum chat. It is quiet here tonight after all.

Besides, WHO KNOWS if you still get a pt deduction. (this forms the main factor of the topic anyway!)