Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jordan Santiago...

Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:40 pm

I see loads of people on here saying that he should be on the bench and given a go....
If he is the keeper that trains with the keepers on a match day at home, then he is awful and not very good at all, drops the ball from simple volleys into his arms, and does nothing with the shots at him, he looks really bad, and he is small and doesn't even have being tall on his side. So really if that is him, I personally think people should abandon calling for him to be in the squad...

Re: Jordan Santiago...

Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:42 pm

agree, now is not the time to be trying out youngsters....experiance whats needed at the moment :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:00 pm

You've got to consider the gamble though.

How often have we needed to use the sub 'keeper?

If we could free up the loan space, we could have JET and Koumas on the bench.

To be honest, I'd be tempted not to have a sub 'keeper, just fill the bench with outfield players.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:35 pm

im sure darcy blake could fill in as keeper if needed :D

Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:41 pm

SteW wrote:You've got to consider the gamble though.

How often have we needed to use the sub 'keeper?

If we could free up the loan space, we could have JET and Koumas on the bench.

To be honest, I'd be tempted not to have a sub 'keeper, just fill the bench with outfield players.

I agree, it's the risk but how often do you see a keeper subbed? And it's only
Going to be for part of one game he would be used.
He can't be that awful of he would have been released by now.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:36 pm

brilliantbluebirds09 wrote:I see loads of people on here saying that he should be on the bench and given a go....
If he is the keeper that trains with the keepers on a match day at home, then he is awful and not very good at all, drops the ball from simple volleys into his arms, and does nothing with the shots at him, he looks really bad, and he is small and doesn't even have being tall on his side. So really if that is him, I personally think people should abandon calling for him to be in the squad...

maybe cause hes rusty? :roll: whaaaaat jonesy should do (if hes with us next season) is either loan him out orrrrr in the carling cup and we;re winning comfortably chuck him on :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:42 pm

if all of our keepers were out i think it's safe to say that parkin would be first choice!

Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:42 pm

lewis91 wrote:if all of our keepers were out i think it's safe to say that parkin would be first choice!

oi he aint that fat :lol:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:46 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
lewis91 wrote:if all of our keepers were out i think it's safe to say that parkin would be first choice!

:lol: 13stone of pure muscle! he would easily get to the top corners...win everything upfront and if we are losing he can come up for corners and nod one in! BEEAAASSSTTT :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:50 pm

lewis91 wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

:lol: 13stone of pure muscle! he would easily get to the top corners...win everything upfront and if we are losing he can come up for corners and nod one in! BEEAAASSSTTT :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:14 pm

He's Pony.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:31 pm

Daya wrote:He's Pony.

'pony' lol

jones should of scoured the conference for a young keeper playing every week and bought him out for 100k and cheap wages
thats what I would of done

Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:09 pm

I thought Santiago has broken his finger?

He seems to do allright against bellers in the pre-match warm up! he's always practicing with bellers so he's probably the best keeper in the world at saving bellers shots!

Yet to be seen whether Santiago can hack at at this level but I doubt DJ will throw him in. :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:34 pm

People are missing the point though, people are only suggesting Santiago goes on the bench, more than likely he wont get a minute of playing time. If Heaton did get injured he would have to come on for one game, its unlikely Heaton would go off early so its not even as if he would play 90mins, more likely 45mins at best. If he isnt capable of that then he shouldnt be a professiona football player.

He seems to do allright against bellers in the pre-match warm up! he's always practicing with bellers so he's probably the best keeper in the world at saving bellers shots!

Most of his shots go over the bar :lol:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:40 pm

jaybothroyd wrote:I thought Santiago has broken his finger?

Yet to be seen whether Santiago can hack at at this level but I doubt DJ will throw him in. :ayatollah:

DJ be off his trolley to throw him in!

Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:45 am

:lol: I heard he let in 12 for grange albion