Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

burkas

Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:02 pm

listening to the radio and they are talking about burkas in France....do you think they should be banned or should be allowed. im in the middle for this one. :?

Re: burkas

Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:04 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=41690

Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:06 pm

They've done a great job, fighting for our army over the years. France banning them is a disgrace

Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:34 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:They've done a great job, fighting for our army over the years. France banning them is a disgrace

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:40 pm

First of all France has not banned the wearing of the burqa but the niqab, which is the face veil.

I think it's bloody ludicrous to legislate over what someone can and can't wear, and I thank god we are a more sensible and tolerant country and it will NEVER happen here.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:50 pm

They are opressive and wrong. If I wanted to wear a crash helmet in a shop garage bank I would be made to remove it. Tolerant please don't give me that most of these women are forced to wear it. And for security you do not know who is under that headwear / dress it could be anyone I hate it and I can see them banning them here as well besides they look like a cross between a shuttlecock and a postbox

Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:55 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:They are opressive and wrong. If I wanted to wear a crash helmet in a shop garage bank I would be made to remove it. Tolerant please don't give me that most of these women are forced to wear it. And for security you do not know who is under that headwear / dress it could be anyone I hate it and I can see them banning them here as well besides they look like a cross between a shuttlecock and a postbox

:D :D :D :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:57 pm

harold pinta wrote:First of all France has not banned the wearing of the burqa but the niqab, which is the face veil.

I think it's bloody ludicrous to legislate over what someone can and can't wear, and I thank god we are a more sensible and tolerant country and it will NEVER happen here.

A burqa consists of a veil so it is banned. A niqab is a face veil on its on, I know cos I wear one on manoeuvres :lol:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:00 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:They are opressive and wrong. If I wanted to wear a crash helmet in a shop garage bank I would be made to remove it. Tolerant please don't give me that most of these women are forced to wear it. And for security you do not know who is under that headwear / dress it could be anyone I hate it and I can see them banning them here as well besides they look like a cross between a shuttlecock and a postbox

You have to remove a crash helmet in a Bank for security reasons. They are not banning the niqab in banks. You can wear a crash helmet in the street if you want, or a ski mask, balaclava or scarf round your face. They are not banning those.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:16 pm

A burka is full face with a slit to see out of and they can wear those anywhere. A crash helmet or balaclava you most cetainly can not and sorry you telling me you can is sort of laughable. And as for covering your face with a scarf ETC you can be told by plod to remove it and if you don't you can be arrested and if it's at a football match you can end up having breakfast with Charles Bronzon and having your rim rammed like some gypo Swansea fan and that
My lad is a fact so stick that in your Niqab and smoke it. Blimey do I feel better for that Guys :lol:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:38 pm

harold pinta wrote:

You have to remove a crash helmet in a Bank for security reasons. They are not banning the niqab in banks. You can wear a crash helmet in the street if you want, or a ski mask, balaclava or scarf round your face. They are not banning those.

I am sure your interpretation is incorrect.

The law in France (& Belgium) relates to concealing your face in public and does-not specifically target only Muslim dress.

True it will affect Muslim women, (as it will for people wearing crash helmets and scarf’s to conceal identity in public places) but surely in the 21st Century women shouldn't be expected to wear medieval clothing for reasons which have more to do with male ego rather than religious doctrine?

Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:39 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:A burka is full face with a slit to see out of and they can wear those anywhere. A crash helmet or balaclava you most cetainly can not and sorry you telling me you can is sort of laughable. And as for covering your face with a scarf ETC you can be told by plod to remove it and if you don't you can be arrested and if it's at a football match you can end up having breakfast with Charles Bronzon and having your rim rammed like some gypo Swansea fan and that
My lad is a fact so stick that in your Niqab and smoke it. Blimey do I feel better for that Guys :lol:

They can't wear them anywhere, they've just banned them. They have not banned the wearing of helmets/balaclavas. That is something that is requested by the bank/shop etc that you intend to enter. It is perfectly legal to wear a helmet/balaclava in the street under normal circumstances, obviously things are different at a football match.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:59 pm

Top post :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:01 pm

It is a sign of oppression from the male. The majority of Muslim women do not wear them, only in extreme cases when told to by their father/husband/owner.

Of course they should be banned.

I'm all for freedom. But when freedom is oppressing someone else, it's not freedom. Simple as.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:07 pm

lewis91 wrote:listening to the radio and they are talking about burkas in France....do you think they should be banned or should be allowed. im in the middle for this one. :?

ban them!!!

Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:21 pm

harold pinta wrote:First of all France has not banned the wearing of the burqa but the niqab, which is the face veil.

Totaly agree with what you said mr pinta :ayatollah: Saying that though some of my Ex girlfriends should have been forced to wear a burka :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:26 pm

blue nile wrote:

Totaly agree with what you said mr pinta :ayatollah: Saying that though some of my Ex girlfriends should have been forced to wear a burka :lol: :lol: :lol:

And me. I went out with a ginger bird once and one of my mates saw me with her. And going by some of the women around by me, the burka should be compulsory. :lol: :lol:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:03 pm

i can see why people don't mind them and it doesn't bother me a whole lot but then the other side of me thinks that we wouldn't be able to go into a shop with our hood up or a mask on so why should they be allowed...ok it follows on from their religion but i still can't accept that they can where them wherever they want and you don't know who they are! im leaning over to the banning them side tbh.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:21 pm

those words just made me spit my water out :lol:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:25 pm

harold pinta wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:A burka is full face with a slit to see out of and they can wear those anywhere. A crash helmet or balaclava you most cetainly can not and sorry you telling me you can is sort of laughable. And as for covering your face with a scarf ETC you can be told by plod to remove it and if you don't you can be arrested and if it's at a football match you can end up having breakfast with Charles Bronzon and having your rim rammed like some gypo Swansea fan and that

They can't wear them anywhere, they've just banned them. They have not banned the wearing of helmets/balaclavas. That is something that is requested by the bank/shop etc that you intend to enter. It is perfectly legal to wear a helmet/balaclava in the street under normal circumstances, obviously things are different at a football match.

Only in France have they banned them. And I cannot wear a balaclava or helmet in a garage or Bank but those shuttlecocks can cover there faces without question.. And why are things different at a football match? and why should they be different ? I tell you what you wear the burqa i will wear a balaclava and we will see where we could both go and see who will get persecuted. Even if you carried the sawn off you wouldn't get touched :lol: :lol: