Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bellamy Gives Cardiff City Psychological Edge

Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:03 pm

Good read here IMO! :ayatollah:

http://www.cardiff.vitalfootball.co.uk/ ... p?a=238328

Cardiff City have made an unfortunate habit out of conceding late goals, and allowing teams to raise their tempo and fight back in matches we should really have won. As we approach the final few games - there remains a realistic chance of acheiving promotion, and a great deal left to play for.

Unfortunately for Cardiff City, this is often the time of year we fall apart and have been accused of 'bottling it'. Last year, we were OK but had no chance of making second spot, and always looked a shoe-in for the play-offs. No-one needs reminding of seasons past when we have capitulated miserably, missing out on play-offs.

This season, there is an altogether different feel. Morale was incredibly low just a few weeks ago, with indifferent performances and some desperately disappointing results. The International break revitalised the Bluebirds, and an emphatic win over Derby was following by a late show against Doncaster Rovers - 6 vital points for City, though neither was a vintage performance.

Whilst Jason Koumas inevitably grabbed the headlines, hugely welcomed by everyone associated by the club - it was captain Craig Bellamy's contribution that was also worthy of note.

It simply cannot be exaggerated the sheer work-rate that Bellamy showed throughout the 90 minutes. It was non-stop, 100% committment as he chased every ball, slosed down at every opportunity and gave no Donny player a moments peace. The rest of the Bluebirds benefitted from this determination, but certainly weren't spared as the charismatic forward was in his team-mates ears constantly over the 90 minutes.

Football players are paid huge amounts, and should rightly give 100% every game. The majority do, but Bellamy's contribution was way above that. A 31 year old striker, on-loan at a lower level with a chequered injury history and at the end of a gruelling season..... Craig's work-rate was phenomenal and if he can inspire his team-mates to similar levels over the remaining few games - you feel this year could be different, after all.

Re: Bellamy Gives Cardiff City Psychological Edge

Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:05 pm

agree with every word, cmon bluebirds :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:05 pm

so is Bellamy going to play tomorow nite or sit it out for the Pompey game ? :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:07 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:so is Bellamy going to play tomorow nite or sit it out for the Pompey game ? :ayatollah:

I think he'll play both games Martyn! :D :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:09 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:so is Bellamy going to play tomorow nite or sit it out for the Pompey game ? :ayatollah:

I think he'll play both games Martyn! :D :ayatollah:

If he's feeling upto it then yeah why not , unless DJ wants to start him on the bench for 1 of the games ?

Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:35 pm

great to hear, couldn't make the donny game due to money but im going up to sheff, love to see the same commitment from all the players. bellamy has always given it his all in fairness :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:47 pm

it must surely give the players a lift when they look on and see bellers next to them working his absolute hardest in games and chasing down every ball.

when i'm watching us play, it really lifts me just to see bellers out on the pitch with a cardiff shirt on because i know what he is capable of and the quality he possesses! but most of all he gives it his all! thats all u can ask. :ayatollah: