Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING......

Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:02 am

in the games we have against the teams who are in the lower part of the table, in my opinion, is to try and sort out our goal difference! It goes without saying that we firstly need to beat these teams, and we must show them respect, and not expect to walk all over them, but looking at the table, goal difference is going to play a huge part in either going up automatically, or our placing for the play offs.

Two years ago we were stung badly by an inferior goal difference so I hope the team have learnt their lesson. Despite our great 4.1 win over Derby I was a little disapointed that DJ didnt demand that the team keep the tempo up for the last 20 minutes as it looked like we could have scored one or two more if we had gone for it!

Tomorrow is massive, first and foremost ill take the 3 points any way we can get them but a big win would really put us in a good position!

Re: THE MOST IMPORTANT THING......

Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:16 am

Good point, I said few weeks back GD will play a part somewhere along the way. :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:19 am

7 For - 2 Against from the last two games seems everyone is scoring except the strikers, time for them to step up now and bang in those all important goals.!!!

BIG Thanks to Jason Koumas. Nice to see him smiling too :D :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:52 am

I'll just be happy with the points to be honest mate but I see what you mean. No more giving away sloppy 90th minute penalties McPhail!!!

Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:04 am

That's exactly the point Zabier, I remember when we lost out to Peeston by one goal and in recent games kennedy and Eddie Johnson had scored comical own goals!