Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" News from the lads in Jail April 10th " Chelsea/Cardiff

Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:22 pm

News from the Jails April 10th

Last Wednesday we had the good news that Jamie B and Paul O’H was released from Hewell making him them third and fourth out of the original 16 who were imprisoned early in February, more are expected home this month. Jamie and Paul shared a cell for a good period of time but later on they were given single cells in Block 7, an area where all the rest of the lads need to get to, unless they are lucky enough to be categorised as CAT D prisoners which would mean open prison.
Unfortunately the administration problem we had feared materialised and Morgan will spend an extra week in Cambridge YO…Wayne said he should be home this coming Wednesday.

My son, Stefan, and Rob C will be the latest to be released out of these lads, this is expected to happen early June, I calculate it to be another 8 weeks or approx. 56 days. They are doing a computer course at the moment and Peter has passed 3 sections already and is starting on Power point this week, so at least he will come out a little wiser, all the lads are doing educational or work routines which relieve some of the boredom and my son plays soccer a few days every week so plenty of exercise is available.

From my lads point of view he has a release date of June 5th, he will be on TAG for four months and on a licence until the full term of his sentence which is June 2012, plus of course he has a 6 year ban, which is in fact 7 years because they spent a year awaiting trial. So a very strong example has been made of my son and the others.

More trials will take place later this month and one has happened last Thursday where another of the lads pleaded guilty to a section 4 offence but should escape a jail sentence now, he will have to return to London to learn his fate in 6 weeks’ time. Quite a few more of our mates will be facing trial later this month including a newly identified fan, Peter R, who was arrested only recently for 3 different counts and many more will be facing sentencing on May 27 after already pleading guilty, so this will be a nightmare for a lot of families for a long time to come yet, and that includes those from Chelsea.

The next paragraph is purely information for friends and family…once a prisoner is released from jail on TAG they are asked where they intend going after leaving jail…they are then allowed a train voucher to that destination or somewhere near…they are also given £40 and any money left in their prison account from work or education projects they done whilst inside. It costs £6 from Hewell prison to the nearest train station so then you have a designated time to be at home to get the tag fitted…this system means that every prisoner released is given the means to get to a place of residence, but I am sure all our lads will have someone waiting at the gates to collect them.

Some bad news to finish and it involves four of my good friends who got off the coach on the way home from Portsmouth last year…the crown prosecution has decided to refer their case to the crown court on April 26th, following their latest visit to the Portsmouth magistrates last Friday. I don’t know if this means that the four will still be up for violent disorder or if they can have a deal but it should not have gone this far in my opinion…they would have been better staying on the coach in hindsight but the three lads seriously assaulted could now be disabled or dead considering the kicking they were taking…when should you stop to help, when should you look the other way, when should you know when sufficient force has been used to see off attackers? There may well still be need for witnesses and if you can help please contact me.

Thanks for your support everyone and please keep the guys in your thoughts and be careful at games,times have really changed and we never know what's around the corner...

Re: News from the lads in Jail April 10th

Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:31 am

I'll just re-post what a wrote on Thursday :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It feels great to be home!!

Like to thank everybody, especially Corky for there updates. We regulary got printouts from this forum sent in, and they did keep our spirits up. Especially when Steffs Mum was posting - he took a bit of ribbing for that, all good natured tho and took in the way it was intended

Everyone is doing ok in there, its just the boredom thats a killer.

Jai and Nathen M were moved to Block 7 on Tuesday, so at least they got a more relaxed regime now. They said that Rob C and Gaz Green should be moved over next week hopefuly.

Me and Brett were both released on tag yesterday. The first beer tasted amazing and by the 3rd I was bolloxed

Once again, thanks to all that took the time to post messages of support on here and send letters in.

Paul O'Hara

Re: " News from the lads in Jail April 10th " Chelsea/Cardiff

Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:59 am

Some bad news to finish and it involves four of my good friends who got off the coach on the way home from Portsmouth last year…the crown prosecution has decided to refer their case to the crown court on April 26th, following their latest visit to the Portsmouth magistrates last Friday. I don’t know if this means that the four will still be up for violent disorder or if they can have a deal but it should not have gone this far in my opinion…they would have been better staying on the coach in hindsight but the three lads seriously assaulted could now be disabled or dead considering the kicking they were taking…when should you stop to help, when should you look the other way, when should you know when sufficient force has been used to see off attackers? There may well still be need for witnesses and if you can help please contact me.

This is a pisstake, CPS failing in their duty again to only prosecute cases in the public interest, ridiculous :twisted:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:37 am

CF14-SE14 wrote:

This is a pisstake, CPS failing in their duty again to only prosecute cases in the public interest, ridiculous :twisted:

f*cking disgusting, another stitch up. Where is the CCTV gone?

Re: News from the lads in Jail April 10th

Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:36 pm

PoOH wrote:I'll just re-post what a wrote on Thursday :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It feels great to be home!!

Like to thank everybody, especially Corky for there updates. We regulary got printouts from this forum sent in, and they did keep our spirits up. Especially when Steffs Mum was posting - he took a bit of ribbing for that, all good natured tho and took in the way it was intended

Everyone is doing ok in there, its just the boredom thats a killer.

Jai and Nathen M were moved to Block 7 on Tuesday, so at least they got a more relaxed regime now. They said that Rob C and Gaz Green should be moved over next week hopefuly.

Me and Brett were both released on tag yesterday. The first beer tasted amazing and by the 3rd I was bolloxed

Once again, thanks to all that took the time to post messages of support on here and send letters in.

Paul O'Hara

Cheers Corky for once again giving us a good update on the lads and good news :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Great to hear from you Paul :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Not so good regarding Portsmouth.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:59 pm

corky, good to see the boys doing ok, your some bad news part,? is worrying,what happens in court to these guys could effect, not only there lifes but, other peoples thoughts on getting involved in going to the aid of people in the streets etc, sounds crazy to me, those guys should have had a pat on the back off the police, not court proceedings

Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:05 pm

It will depend on the jury but I was hoping that it would have been dealt with by now...The Portsmouth lads on trial will be essential to our lads because it could actually vindicate the reasons the coach stopped...that is our best hope.

We also have loads of witness statements and they will help...the CCTV that was available only shows the end scenes and two of the lads do look like they are fighting but its not that bad, the other two appear to be doing nothing, in fact they were very restrained when you consider the circumstances...and if the justice of the land states that only reasonable force should be used then this will apply to this situation where at least two of them Pompey fans over 18 stone and big lumps

Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:47 pm

well, i think the pompey fans are going to say, we never done anything, then a cardiff coach stopped and they attacked us, ?