Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ikea Furniture

Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:45 pm

Has anyone ever bought any furniture from Ikea which has NOT been damaged and all the contents included.

Just bought a bed for my daughter and guess what got it home and a side panel is damaged, had to queue up for an hour to exchange the item :evil: :evil:

This has happened on so any occassions, makes me think am i the only one who is unlucky with this stuff??

To make the day even worse dropped the side unit on me wifes foot, she was hopping mad. :lol: :lol:

Re: Ikea Furniture

Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:47 pm

Them damn Swedes :oops:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:53 pm

I work for ikea! Sorry to hear that , hope you got a new side ,

Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:57 pm

RIVERSIDE-FC wrote:I work for ikea! Sorry to hear that , hope you got a new side ,

Hey, to be honest the staff member on the returns department was good as gold and sorted me out, but it's just frustrating having got home and find the item is damaged.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:00 pm

Could be a number of reason, customers droping it then put it back etc, sorry about the expreince tho I'll pass it on

Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:06 pm

We have bought loads of stuff from Ikea over the years, & have always found it to be decent stuff.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:11 pm

I have had loads of stuff and always had good things none needed returning :ayatollah:

myabe its just you lmao :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:12 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:We have bought loads of stuff from Ikea over the years, & have always found it to be decent stuff.

Can't fault the quality of material in any way, just think i must be unlucky :roll: :roll:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:36 pm

Normally very good customer service is good aswell

Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:04 pm

Got to be honest i have bought loads there and no problem, love their stuff and prices, better luck next time, i always take the approach that everyone can make a mistake, it's how they deal with it that set's them apart. :old:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:41 am

PILE OF f*cking JUNK THE LOT OF IT

Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:59 am

They do a good job with their marketing, because their quality is poor to say the least. Never the right bits and the instructions are great... Not

Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:10 am

No rats in ikea , in a recent audit we had 96%
Daya you say a pile of junk but why are we 2nd in the u.k in the public list of
Home furnishing chosen by the public . Got to be doing sumthink right ...

Ikea are a company for every one? Low cost products , and our returns compared to sales is low!
Ikea as a company are very good , one of the best IMO , free child play area while you shop , good food at low prices free tea and coffe low prices, and ikea does alot of charity and the environment !!

Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:30 am

Midfield general wrote:No rats in IKEA ? So that report in the Echo a while back was rubbish then was it..? :lol:

The furniture is cheap crap and it serves a 'certain' type of person.

I bought a solid birch kitchen table and 2 beech poang chairs from IKEA Bristol about 10 years ago. Both still rock solid and look great.

I have no doubts that they also sell lots of plywood and plastic rubbish but tbf they also sell lots of decent quality contemporary stuff. You pays your money ...etc

Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:46 am

That's was over 5 years ago when it first opened, if you think of the location it was bound to happen , but we cleared that problem in days, and look at the council food hygine scores we are one of the best !

As for what you say on certain type of people , we have over 30000 people through our store a week so they all can't be wrong !

Where do
You shop for your stuff by by the way ?

Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:47 pm

RIVERSIDE-FC wrote:No rats in ikea , in a recent audit we had 96%
Daya you say a pile of junk but why are we 2nd in the u.k in the public list of
Home furnishing chosen by the public . Got to be doing sumthink right ...

Ikea are a company for every one? Low cost products , and our returns compared to sales is low!
Ikea as a company are very good , one of the best IMO , free child play area while you shop , good food at low prices free tea and coffe low prices, and ikea does alot of charity and the environment !!

its too big, i get lost in there, and i get hauled to customer services, and they put out an announcement, on the tannoy, and my wife got to come and collect me, so embarrasing :lol:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:55 pm

I've never had any damaged stuff from there to be fair. Neither have I seen any rats, maybe if they open one in Swansea they'll get a few mind!

Bit harsh calling it "Junk", kinda like saying a Ford Mondeo is junk when you'e luck enough to drive an Aston Martin.

It's cheap, and yes you get what you pay for.

I bought a leather corner sofa from there a few years ago and it's been fine.

I've bought cupboards from there for my son's room and yes, the quality isn't brilliant, but it does a job and looks reasonably nice.

I've got a couple of nice rugs, a mirror and a couple of pictures from there, all of which are fine.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:09 pm

One or two snobs in this thread I feel. Feels like I'm on the Bullington Boys forum sometimes.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:31 pm

I Said No Rats In Ikea, Which we havn't got any rats, ! I didnt say we never had any , the store is by the old landfill site, railway and river and gas works and close to bay! So when we 1st opened we had a problem, but that was downstairs, and got sorted in a couple of days , and every year since then we passed food audits interneal external with flying clours!

Cheap junk ??? Cheap yeh, but junk how do you know this ? We are the 2nd most public store in the u.k We offer low priced furniture it is advertsided that way! We don't get many returns but if we do they the customer leaves happy 99% of the time!

Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:36 pm

RIVERSIDE-FC wrote:I Said No Rats In Ikea, Which we havn't got any rats, ! I didnt say we never had any , the store is by the old landfill site, railway and river and gas works and close to bay! So when we 1st opened we had a problem, but that was downstairs, and got sorted in a couple of days , and every year since then we passed food audits interneal external with flying clours!

Cheap junk ??? Cheap yeh, but junk how do you know this ? We are the 2nd most public store in the u.k We offer low priced furniture it is advertsided that way! We don't get many returns but if we do they the customer leaves happy 99% of the time!

Are you the Swedish information minister? Do you eat meatballs?

Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:24 pm

Never had a problem with Ikea - bought quite a lot of bedroom furinture from them and have found it to be just the job

Even had to take it apart to move house and put back together again without any probs

Plus I like their meatballs

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:26 pm

Been fitting kitchens for years, Fitted one from Ikea the other day, The Quality was top notch and the price was really good.
Some of the stuff is a bit cheap but other stuff it very good value for money. There is a reason why it's always busy.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:37 pm

Yeh you cant really complain with the value and quality, but I just wish they would put all of the required screws in!!!

Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:47 pm

Bought loads of Ikea stuff and never had a problem, just the luck of the draw I guess.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:55 pm

My bedroom is made of ikea furniture and touch wood (theres lots to choose from) it's keeping together.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:58 am

The food court is f*cking class.