Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" HONEST OPINIONS PLEASE "

Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:10 pm

WE'VE NOW JUST BEATEN Derby Home Hammered them :ayatollah: :ayatollah: , then Beat Doncaster Away :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Norwich got Thumped by the Jacks .

WHO HONESTLY NOW BELIEVES WE WILL GO UP AUTOMATIC ?

STILL CHALLENGE FOR PROMOTION IN THE PLAY OFFS ?

and REASONS WHY Please :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " HONEST OPINIONS PLEASE "

Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:13 pm

I still have a gut feeling we'll be in the playoffs but where as before I thought we had very little chance, it now wouldn't surprise me if we gate crashed the automatic places. I still have this fear that we'll balls it up though.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:15 pm

To be honest with you Annis, I've given up even thinking where we should be and what will happen, such is the lucky bag that is this league.

We've all said before about teams struggling to go on a proper run - aside from QPR - but, getting those 2 goals so late yesterday showed something that we haven't all season. A kind of steel that was missing during our bad runs. I think if this can be kept up, then we will go on a run and go up automatically (the gays and the canaries will not win every match). Basically, with our run in and squad, despite the points difference, it is in our players hands.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:16 pm

I Think we will go up.

I Think that Norwich will get beaten by Watford or Forest and the Jacks will lose at Burnley this sat.

I Think we will beat Portsmouth in a tough game and leave Nugent thinking why he didn't let Carl and co steal him :lol:

then think we will beat QPR and win all of our games for the remainder of the season and it dosn't matter what the other teams do :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:16 pm

thats a hard one to call annis on our day we can beat anyone in this division but on other days we look awfull lets hope we turn up this month but isnt that why we love the city we just dont know :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:17 pm

I have carried out a predictor based on my own opinions of what results will be in the remaining fixtures for all clubs currently in the top six.

QPR runaway winners

Us and the scum down west both finish on 82 with Norwich on 81 - fooking scary!!!!!!! :o

Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:19 pm

We are going up :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:21 pm

This month is going to be a corker - all the teams around us have fixtures that are going to throw some spanners into things
we just have to focus on one game at a time and win :D so simple : )

YES WE CAN is my opinion
positivity towards our players and manager over the next few weeks on here please

bloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooobirds :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:25 pm

I must admit before the weekend I was 100% sure we would't make automatic. Now I am not so sure, it's so tight at the top at the moment anything can happen, if we keep this run going then we can do it. I didn't fancy our chances in the play offs anyway :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:29 pm

It can change after every game as we are all aware of, but if we can take three points tues it will give me more belief again, it only takes one defeat to knock you back big time thats all we can do is keep winning and let the others worry about us and that includes qpr, annis i know you think they have already won the league but if we win our next 2 games and they drop a couple of points its still game on when they come to us on 23rd april, i hope so anyway our ground will be bouncing for once then so to answer your question i am begining to believe again even though we have only beaten derby and donny, but as warnock knows theres no easy games at this stage of the season :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:30 pm

Im with Carl now, we will go up automatically! :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:31 pm

Merlin wrote:Im with Carl now, we will go up automatically! :ayatollah:

You change your mind after every result :lol:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:32 pm

I think we'll push hard for 2nd as i believe Norwich and the jacks have a harder run in than us, the squad seem to have a belief in themselves and with the guts and determination of Bellers we may just have enough to take us over the finishing line. I think the jacks' away form is too inconsistent and with Pompey, Burnley and Millwall away they may not have enough, Norwich meanwhile also look average away and with Pompey and a tough derby against Ipswich away I think the defining fixture could well be when we play Boro at home and Norwich play Pompey away to decide who takes 2nd spot :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:32 pm

Your like the wind FFS ;)

Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:33 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:

Your like the wind FFS ;)

He Does :lol:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:34 pm

I still think second but it's going to be a hell of a battle.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:35 pm

From Facebook

Ieuan Bisatt The team can do it, we got the best starting 11 in the league and should be where qpr are now! Dave jones can't handle the big games when it matters! But with Bellamy leading the boys i believe having him in the team will take us up
8 minutes ago · Unlike · 1 person

Craig Green Big Games??? rubbish - - of the top 4 or 5 teams it is Cardiff that has the best record against the top teams! ;-) its the low to mid table we have struggled with!
5 minutes ago · Like · 1 person

Lee Winters If we win every game we will go up as the gypos & Norwich will not.We showed metal yesterday.Tuesday is another huge round of games.What price a Gerrard winner at the Liberty ;-)
4 minutes ago · Unlike · 2 people

Annis Abraham Jnr Craig, Thats why we are still in this league 6 years later. And by the way answer your phone after you talked about me on the forum .
3 minutes ago · Like

Ieuan Bisatt Big games !!! Meaning porstmouth fa cup final , play off final last year, Preston year before that !! Big games !!!!
2 minutes ago · Like

Mark Williams
Hope Cardiff go up. im a Wrexham fan. you got to go up thru 2nd and not the hasstle of the play offs again.
about a minute ago · Unlike · 1 person

Annis Abraham Jnr Craig you change your mind after every game .

Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:39 pm

Annis, Yes i still think that we are going up in 2nd place but i also think it's going down to the last game. :)

I can see us getting a hard graft win onTuesday against Sheff Utd, think it may be a 1 nil.

Keep faith we are going up. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:42 pm

I HONESTLY BELIEVE IF WE BEAT SHEFF UTD AWAY on TUESDAY WE WILL FINALLY BE IN WITH A GREAT CHANCE, Until Now I have never believed.

" ONWARDS and UPWARDS " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:43 pm

I hate speculating at this point in the season after the last few years....i'm just gonna ride the storm and hope for the best.... :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:46 pm

Lets just wait and see, I hate all this building up my hopes. Why cant we be just shit again :lol:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:48 pm

ive said since last season that i dont think jones will take us up but now i am starting to believe. i hope im not wrong beliveing in him

Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:WE'VE NOW JUST BEATEN Derby Home Hammered them :ayatollah: :ayatollah: , then Beat Doncaster Away :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

automatic for me! just think its going to happen!!!

So now you going to believe us//? the blues are going up!!!

Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:WE'VE NOW JUST BEATEN Derby Home Hammered them :ayatollah: :ayatollah: , then Beat Doncaster Away :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis, I firmly believe WE can take second spot in this division and that is because I genuinely think the penny has finally dropped that we are NOT simply going to walk away with it....

The performances against Derby and Doncaster were full of passion and, whilst we continue to make daft mistakes at the back at a ratio of around one a game, it now appears that the players are 'up for it' even if only for their own reasons....

Even the manager seems to be realising he NEEDS to 'change things' at vital moments, as the introduction of the much-maligned ason Koumas proved....

Have we reached a 'turning point' by finding a team ethic that thrives on the pressure??

I sincerely hope so, as the 'prize' is the thing of dreams....

Six to go....and we have EVERY chance to pull it off

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:41 pm

With Norwich up against Watford & Nottingham Forest, I think they'll faulter and get 2 draws. 2 horse race comes to mind between us and the jacks!

Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:09 pm

AfanBluebird wrote:With Norwich up against Watford & Nottingham Forest, I think they'll faulter and get 2 draws. 2 horse race comes to mind between us and the jacks!

Strewth, just doesn't bear thinking about, does it?? :lol:

We just need to concentrate on us....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:27 am

My honest opinion is that anyone who tries to predict anything to do with this league is a fool and deserves everything they get.

It's why I love it. So unpredictable :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:39 am

We are now 36/1 to win the league--Dont fancy betting on that--but we are 11/10 for promotion.

QPR 1.14
Norwich 2.12
City 2.14
Swansea 2.58
Reading 3.6

I think we may just miss out on autos --we are not playing well enough ----

But we will win the play offs and go up--Beating Reding 3.2 --

But realy anything can happen

Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:45 am

If we can win our next two games [Sheff utd & Pompey] then i beleive we can do it. Tomorrow night is massive. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:53 am

Happy to give you my honest opinion, but don't want to jinx it!!!