Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Players celebrations after Koumas goal "

Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:46 am

Worth savouring if you were there.

Koumas stood right in front of us all with his arms held high, McPhail danced all along the width of the stand like a man possessed. If you think our players dont care, well if you were there do yo ustill think that? If you weren't there, well lets hope you get to witness it.

Re: Players celebrations after Koumas goal

Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:28 am

Yes the players celebrations were something else, proving to me that they do care :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:28 am

Ian, Koumas led the way the rest followed and yes it was fantastic to see. For once the players made the fans feel as one and for the supporter that's what make you feel passion. If the players did that more we would all feel in it together instead of them the players and us. We feel detached from this team but briefly we all felt together and it felt good and that is what we as supporters want.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:32 am

Have to admit I was pleasantly surprised by their actions, especially McPhail. You'd have thought his Euro lottery numbers came in. They just went berserk. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:38 am

Paul Quinn's was best in front of me
He looked like he had just kicked somones head off :lol:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:39 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Worth savouring if you were there.

Koumas stood right in front of us all with his arms held high, McPhail danced all along the width of the stand like a man possessed. If you think our players dont care, well if you were there do yo ustill think that? If you weren't there, well lets hope you get to witness it.

Great to hear Ian, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Did All the players come right over at the end of the game and Applaud you All ?

I was watching Reading at Forest last night, Their Manager(Manager walked accross the pitch) and players walked right up to the away end and stood their applauding their fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:57 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Did All the players come right over at the end of the game and Applaud you All ?

I was watching Reading at Forest last night, Their Manager(Manager walked accross the pitch) and players walked right up to the away end and stood their applauding their fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Not really Annis I'm afraid.

Jay applauded us at the end mainly because he was up our end as the final whistle blew. I think some of the other players applauded us from the half way line.

Our manager getting the players together and coming up to applaud us? If that ever happens I reckon we would all go quiet, look at each other and wonder what the hell we have done wrong.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:00 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Jay applauded us at the end mainly because he was up our end as the final whistle blew. I think some of the other players applauded us from the half way line.

Our manager getting the players together and coming up to applaud us? If that ever happens I reckon we would all go quiet, look at each other and wonder what the hell we have done wrong.

Ian
Maybe one day they will Really Appreciate OUR GREAT FANS :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:01 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I find this really sad. 1300 people forked out several days pay to follow their team and have a day out. The least the players can do is walk over and show some gratitude.

Oh well at least they got the 3 points......

Re: " Players celebrations after Koumas goal "

Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:14 am

I was disappointed they did not come over, we was going mental and it would of been more complete if they had come over. But oh well they did celebrate Koumas first goal with us :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:19 am

It was nice to see the passion come out for a change :ayatollah: Mcphail was first to the fans with his clenched fists although it was great to see Paul Quinn going mental running behind the goals :ayatollah:
I was a bit gutted the fans didn't come right over at the end as they clapped from the halfway line.Bellamy was last off pitch gave us a quick clap but was more concerned with chatting to Brian Stock and swapping shirts.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:31 am

Bowmonster wrote:It was nice to see the passion come out for a change :ayatollah: Mcphail was first to the fans with his clenched fists although it was great to see Paul Quinn going mental running behind the goals :ayatollah:
I was a bit gutted the fans didn't come right over at the end as they clapped from the halfway line.Bellamy was last off pitch gave us a quick clap but was more concerned with chatting to Brian Stock and swapping shirts.

If us fans went on the pitch to the players Chief at the end we would all be facing a ban. Nice idea though Lee :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:32 am

Koumas Goal Celebration.jpg

Jay.jpg

End of match.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:00 pm

The players read this board. now lets be perfectly honest, at times the character
assassinations of some players on here has been f*cking disgusting. I know ive
been as bad as anyone at times. We DO have a right to our opinions, but perhaps
some of us (myself included) go too far. Perhaps the players have got their heads
together and decided we are collectively a bunch of wankers? I dunno, summats
not right. I do have a suspicion that Dave Jones' dislike of us could have filtered
down to the players.

Doncaster is a long old journey, the players most definitely should have acknowledged
that. Had they all done so the support at Sheff U would have had that tiny bit more bite
to it. That little bit of togetherness.

An opportunity was missed Saturday.

But sooner than BLAME the players/call them this and that etc... im more concerned as
to WHY they never made that bit of effort at the end of the game.

Is the divide between fans and players THAT big :cry:

I hope not :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:25 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Bowmonster wrote:It was nice to see the passion come out for a change :ayatollah: Mcphail was first to the fans with his clenched fists although it was great to see Paul Quinn going mental running behind the goals :ayatollah:

If us fans went on the pitch to the players Chief at the end we would all be facing a ban. Nice idea though Lee :lol: :lol: :lol:

:oops: :lol: I meant players, Well spotted Steve :D

Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:26 pm

taffyapple wrote:The players read this board. now lets be perfectly honest, at times the character
some of us (myself included) go too far. Perhaps the players have got their heads
not right. I do have a suspicion that Dave Jones' dislike of us could have filtered
down to the players.

Doncaster is a long old journey, the players most definitely should have acknowledged
that. Had they all done so the support at Sheff U would have had that tiny bit more bite

But sooner than BLAME the players/call them this and that etc... im more concerned as

This attitude comes from the top and ripples down. It goes for any business.

I dont recall this being a problem when Sam was here but I am confident to say it seemed ot start soon after the Riddler reign started.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:02 pm

Is it just me who genuinely couldn't give a shit if the players don't come right up to the fans and clap them after every game?

Look at Bellamy. He must've covered about 13 miles yesterday the amount of work he put in. If I was him I'd just want to get down the tunnel and have a bloody rest.

I like to think the players showed their appreciation for the fans by giving us three points and a highly memorable day out.

Not to mention the most passionate celebration I've ever seen from a team after JK's free kick and Heaton for the first goal - turning round and looking the fans in the eyes and fist pumping and cheering and smiling with the best of us.

This thread has taken a needlessly negative turn from a deservedly positive first post.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:32 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:Is it just me who genuinely couldn't give a shit if the players don't come right up to the fans and clap them after every game?

Look at Bellamy. He must've covered about 13 miles yesterday the amount of work he put in. If I was him I'd just want to get down the tunnel and have a bloody rest.

I like to think the players showed their appreciation for the fans by giving us three points and a highly memorable day out.

Not to mention the most passionate celebration I've ever seen from a team after JK's free kick and Heaton for the first goal - turning round and looking the fans in the eyes and fist pumping and cheering and smiling with the best of us.

This thread has taken a needlessly negative turn from a deservedly positive first post.

i agree,spot on post mate :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:27 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:Is it just me who genuinely couldn't give a shit if the players don't come right up to the fans and clap them after every game?

Nice if they did come over to the fans, but perhaps they don't feel the job is done, so don't want to go over the top.
Nothing achieved yet. IF the players get promotion THEN is the time for them to milk it.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:32 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

Nice if they did come over to the fans, but perhaps they don't feel the job is done, so don't want to go over the top.
Nothing achieved yet. IF the players get promotion THEN is the time for them to milk it.

Agree with this. I love it when the players go to the fans, but maybe the players are just staying focussed. It's not as if they are ignoring the fans either and given the heat yesterday and as said the ground they covered AND the celebrating after the 2nd goal - it's safe to say they were probably fucked and desperate for the beer that DJ mentioned in his post match interview. Koumas also mentioned the fans in his.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:42 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
taffyapple wrote:The players read this board. now lets be perfectly honest, at times the character
down to the players.

This attitude comes from the top and ripples down. It goes for any business.

I dont recall this being a problem when Sam was here but I am confident to say it seemed ot start soon after the Riddler reign started.

The TERRIBLE ATTITUDE TOWARDS OUR FANS, COMES FROM 2 PEOPLE Dave Jones and Gethin Jenkins, If they Cared and Showed Some Football Passion to Our Fans it would follow Through Just My STRONG OPINION :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:16 pm

I cant beleive the small mindedness of our fans calculating players commitment by clapping at the end of the game. i couldnt give a flying fuk if they clap after bellers has run 13 miles in game, if tom heaton yet again keeps us in it, and to be perfectly honest if i was dave jones reading the crap on here, i wouldnt clap us either. GET REAL. we are 6 games away from all our dreams. just because dave jones doesnt wave his hand on the air like billy davies 5 places below us means he doesnt care. get a grip. they all want promo. money aside.... you me and all the"new fans" who dont sing at our new gaf have not earned the shirt and lets face it were all jealous. whether you like it not. they are our team.... our blood. it doesnt matter if they dont clap. they know what it means. give the team a break. get behind the boys. people clap at the opera. bellers sweats blood.
jason koumas, massive head battle you won mate putting that away mate. legend. that will be remembered when sir alex walks to our away dug out next season. barmy army :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:22 am

bobbankbandit wrote:I cant beleive the small mindedness of our fans calculating players commitment by clapping at the end of the game. i couldnt give a flying fuk if they clap after bellers has run 13 miles in game, if tom heaton yet again keeps us in it, and to be perfectly honest if i was dave jones reading the crap on here, i wouldnt clap us either. GET REAL. we are 6 games away from all our dreams. just because dave jones doesnt wave his hand on the air like billy davies 5 places below us means he doesnt care. get a grip. they all want promo. money aside.... you me and all the"new fans" who dont sing at our new gaf have not earned the shirt and lets face it were all jealous. whether you like it not. they are our team.... our blood. it doesnt matter if they dont clap. they know what it means. give the team a break. get behind the boys. people clap at the opera. bellers sweats blood.
jason koumas, massive head battle you won mate putting that away mate. legend. that will be remembered when sir alex walks to our away dug out next season. barmy army :ayatollah:

It is part of the game and has been for many seasons now. That is the players acknowledging their supporters.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:41 am

Dave,

When I use to go to every away game No matter how bad we played, Yes the players coming over at the end of the game to Thank us for travelling hundreds of miles and cheering them on come rain or Sun shine, yes it meant and still means a lot to me, as it shows me that they Appreciate us and that were All in it together. There are still many many other teams/managers that still care about their Fans,and Yes I still wish Ours did. Whats wrong with me wanting that ?

Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:12 am

sorry i cant see anything wrong with the players spending 30 seconds letting us know they appreciate us travelling all that way and spending a days wages doing so,
ok we dont have to do it, we do because were supporters of cardiff, just like they are players of cardiff they dont have to either, but what would it be like for them if none of us turned up for a away game ?
they would be feeling the same as we do, "they dont care" will be their thoughts.

appreciation costs nothing and takes seconds

Bring on the premier league. :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:36 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Dave,

When I use to go to every away game No matter how bad we played, Yes the players coming over at the end of the game to Thank us for travelling hundreds of miles and cheering them on come rain or Sun shine, yes it meant and still means a lot to me, as it shows me that they Appreciate us and that were All in it together. There are still many many other teams/managers that still care about their Fans,and Yes I still wish Ours did. Whats wrong with me wanting that ?

Nothing wrong with you wanting that at all and I don't think I ever said that.

Was just giving my opinion! Like I said, it doesn't bother me personally if the players do or not, it's an added bonus after they rewarded us with three points but I had an enjoyable enough day .

It would stick in the neck if they all did what Joe Ledley did at Barnsley a couple of years ago and give it the "come on 'en" to some of our "fans" who were slagging him off for an invisible and gutless performance though.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:06 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Dave,

Nothing wrong with you wanting that at all and I don't think I ever said that.

Was just giving my opinion! Like I said, it doesn't bother me personally if the players do or not, it's an added bonus after they rewarded us with three points but I had an enjoyable enough day .

It would stick in the neck if they all did what Joe Ledley did at Barnsley a couple of years ago and give it the "come on 'en" to some of our "fans" who were slagging him off for an invisible and gutless performance though.

Dave
Thats Why I enjoy reading other members on here posts as Different Opinions I enjoy reading and understanding other Fans beliefs and thoughts :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:28 pm

To be fair, nobody makes us go and watch the team play. Yes Doncaster is miles away but everybody who went, went there because that's how they wanted to spend their Saturday. If you decided to travel the few hundred miles to Alton Towers you wouldn't expect the staff to come and applaud you out at then end of the day would you?

Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:32 pm

JayB1982 wrote:To be fair, nobody makes us go and watch the team play. Yes Doncaster is miles away but everybody who went, went there because that's how they wanted to spend their Saturday. If you decided to travel the few hundred miles to Alton Towers you wouldn't expect the staff to come and applaud you out at then end of the day would you?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comparing going to Alton Towers to Following Cardiff City week in week out :shock: :shock:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
JayB1982 wrote:To be fair, nobody makes us go and watch the team play. Yes Doncaster is miles away but everybody who went, went there because that's how they wanted to spend their Saturday. If you decided to travel the few hundred miles to Alton Towers you wouldn't expect the staff to come and applaud you out at then end of the day would you?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comparing going to Alton Towers to Following Cardiff City week in week out :shock: :shock:

Rollercoaster :D