Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Cuba, anyone been..? If so whats it like..?

Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:37 pm

Been 3 times mate. Got married there 4 years ago. Stunning place. Wud go every year if I could. I've only ever gone to the cayo's (small islands off the north coast). Never been to mainland Cuba.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:04 am

cuba is awesome mate, going again in september, been twice before, went to the cayos first time & then mainland 2nd time, going back to the cayos again though, theres loads to do, swimming with dolphins, paraglyding, snorkeling, scuba diving, horse riding, all sports, catameran, excursions into havana, if you just want to chill & eat, its all inclusive so drinks on the beach, where i am going theres a steak restaurant right on the beach aswell as a pizza restaurant, then theres the usual buffet restaurant, in the night you can choose from oriental, italian, cuban, seafood, mediteranian, spoilt for choice,

The beaches in the cayos are unbeilavable mate!! do some google searches!!

Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:34 am

Wondefull place. Beaches and City both worth a visit
I went with my ex wife and even that couldnt spoil it!!!

Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:30 am

They have certainly organised their resorts to a very high standard. Canada and Spain helped them, I was told.
You must include a visit to Havana. Superb city, but literally crumbling because of the long years of USA embargo. Trinidad da Cuba great too.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:51 pm

Ive just booked to go to Cuba in november cant wait now

Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:44 am

Went to Havanna for a 4 day stag do, had the time of my life, fantastic place .

Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:00 pm

It's the greatest place on earth, got married there also in Varedero.
Varedero, Guardelavaca and the cayo islands are their main tourist places with
fabulous beaches, great people and fantastic food.
If you want to go to Havana for a few days, like we did, you would need to place
your holiday in Varadero as it is close enough to get to, Guardelavaca is too far.
But wherever you go, you will love it. If you dont go to visit Havana over the next 10 years,
you will miss its history and culture has it is forever changing and you will miss stepping back in time.

Cant wait to go back :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:24 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Daya wrote:Went to Havanna for a 4 day stag do, had the time of my life, fantastic place .

Thinking of booking for January and after reading posts on both here and trip advisor Im busting for it now.

it really is quality mate , you cant beat it - if you stay in Havanna you got to do the International hotel or whatever they call it.

bit old but fantastico !!!

Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:56 pm

i thought its corrupt? due to the war with america :? :?