Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Norwich..........

Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:11 pm

......being shown up for what they really are !

For example, I'm just looking at their defence and Ruddy, Martin, Whitbread, Ward and Tierney (I know, who the f**k ?! :lol: ) aren't a patch on the Jacks' defence, let alone ours ! :lol: I know I'd take Heaton, Quinn, Hudson, Keinan and McNaughton any day of the week ! Norwich's back 5 look like a bunch of journeymen IMO and are struggling badly with the Jacks' attack, so just imagine what we'd do to them !

And I know who I'd have - Bellamy, Bothroyd, Whittingham, Burke and Chopra, not Pacheco, Holt, Surman, Crofts and Jackson !

I know the Jacks winning gives them a boost to their morale, momentum etc. but even if they win by 3, I still think we'd be ahead of them ! And we'll both be a point off Norwich.

And our run-in is easiest ! :lol:

Onwards and upwards :ayatollah:

Re: Norwich..........

Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:06 pm

You reckon your run in is easy? Preston, QPR, Sheff utd. Don't think so! 1 team who have nothing to lose and 2 teams who are fighting for their lives! Wake up!

Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:09 pm

bloo wrote:You reckon your run in is easy? Preston, QPR, Sheff utd. Don't think so! 1 team who have nothing to lose and 2 teams who are fighting for their lives! Wake up!

No run in is easy. In some ways last 6 games v top 6 is easier than last 6 v bottom 6.

Twists, turns and heartache will happen over next 5 weeks.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:40 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:......being shown up for what they really are !

For example, I'm just looking at their defence and Ruddy, Martin, Whitbread, Ward and Tierney (I know, who the f**k ?! :lol: ) aren't a patch on the Jacks' defence, let alone ours ! :lol: I know I'd take Heaton, Quinn, Hudson, Keinan and McNaughton any day of the week ! Norwich's back 5 look like a bunch of journeymen IMO and are struggling badly with the Jacks' attack, so just imagine what we'd do to them !

And I know who I'd have - Bellamy, Bothroyd, Whittingham, Burke and Chopra, not Pacheco, Holt, Surman, Crofts and Jackson !

I know the Jacks winning gives them a boost to their morale, momentum etc. but even if they win by 3, I still think we'd be ahead of them ! And we'll both be a point off Norwich.

i dont agree about the defence bit, Whitbread and Ward are pretty solid and dependable centre halves, something we havent had for alot of the season although Hudson has been outstanding, Martin is a good attacking full back, better than Quinn, and Tierney is the best left-back in the division.

Still think we'll finish above them though ;) :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:01 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
bloo wrote:You reckon your run in is easy? Preston, QPR, Sheff utd. Don't think so! 1 team who have nothing to lose and 2 teams who are fighting for their lives! Wake up!

No run in is easy. In some ways last 6 games v top 6 is easier than last 6 v bottom 6.

Exactly, there is no such thing as an easy run in. Scunny haven't done you lot a favour as they beat QPR which will get Sheff Utd and Preston a bit harder to overcome. I expect Cardiff to beat the blades but Preston at the moment are showing some steel. And then there is QPR who may have the mind set of getting every available point *just in case* they get deducted points.
We have Burnley, Millwall, Pompey away and Hull, Ipswich and Sheff Utd at home. You cannot predict it.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:29 pm

Christ calm down I was just joking :shock:

Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:58 pm

scott_ccfc wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:......being shown up for what they really are !

i dont agree about the defence bit, Whitbread and Ward are pretty solid and dependable centre
halves, something we havent had for alot of the season although Hudson has been outstanding, Martin is a good attacking full back, better than Quinn, and
Tierney is the best left-back in the division.

Still think we'll finish above them though ;) :ayatollah:

Well they were terrible today, Ward was booked and like Whitbread struggled with the pace of the
Jacks' attacks, and I'd take Hudson and Keinan over everybody in this division, with the possible
exception of the Jacks. Martin is OK, better than most in the division, but when Hudson comes back and McNaughton is switched back to the right side with Samuel staying on the left (when his
match fitness levels get back to where they were before his injury, and I know dropping Quinn
would be very harsh, but a defence of Super Kev, Hudson, Keinan and Samuel has a better balance to it), you'd have to say McNaughton is better than Martin when playing in his natural position.

Tierney wasn't great today either, and you're kidding yourself if you think he's the best in the league, Clint Hill is better and Samuel probably is as well when taking into account his reputation and the fact he's not yet match-fit.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:05 pm

bloo wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Exactly, there is no such thing as an easy run in. Scunny haven't done you lot a favour as they beat QPR which will get Sheff Utd and Preston a bit harder to overcome. I expect Cardiff to beat the blades but Preston at the moment are showing some steel. And then there is QPR who may have the mind set of getting every available point *just in case* they get deducted points.
We have Burnley, Millwall, Pompey away and Hull, Ipswich and Sheff Utd at home. You cannot predict it.

Fair enough, I understand what you mean, but I was just joking when I said 'easiest run-in', as that's what most of our fans have been reassuring themselves with !