Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: YOU HAVE TO ADMIT DJ GOT IT RIGHT

Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:12 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
rb1976 wrote:For once :lol:

Well done anyway all of the boys. 2 wins 6 more to come onwards and upwards!!! :ayatollah:

Well if you mean he has finally worked out that you can make tactical subsitution, then probably he got it right, but I still suspect he was just lucky.

SOME people (obviously including YOU :roll: ) are NEVER happy....

Just be grateful for the win....and the final arrival of the man who (according to some) would NEVER be....

Jason Koumaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll:
:roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:36 am

Sven Ghali wrote:

Well done anyway all of the boys. 2 wins 6 more to come onwards and upwards!!! :ayatollah:

Well if you mean he has finally worked out that you can make tactical subsitution, then probably he got it right, but I still suspect he was just lucky.

Just be grateful for the win....and the final arrival of the man who (according to some) would NEVER be....

Jason Koumaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:

Well it was a lucky win.

Donny deserved their equaliser, most there would agree with me. We were actually lucky to still be on level terms when Koumas came on.

Koumas goal was one of those moments you hope the Gods are on your side. We were all praying for the old Jason Koumas to step up for the free kick and we got our prayers answered.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:10 am

Well if you mean he has finally worked out that you can make tactical subsitution, then probably he got it right, but I still suspect he was just lucky.[/quote]

:roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:[/quote]

Well it was a lucky win.

Donny deserved their equaliser, most there would agree with me. We were actually lucky to still be on level terms when Koumas came on.

Koumas goal was one of those moments you hope the Gods are on your side. We were all praying for the old Jason Koumas to step up for the free kick and we got our prayers answered.[/quote]

About time we had some luck if it does even itself out we are due plenty for the next 6 games and will go up automatically........... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:22 am

Merlin wrote:

You make your own luck..... You can't slate him when he's wrong and then call him lucky when he gets it right! Credit where it's due! :ayatollah:

Merlin I did give a bit of credit, not much but a bit :lol:

The luck thing is fair game in my mind as DJ is not short in coming forward about his so called bad luck, ref decisions, triedness and Blue Flu Viruses that apparently only affect the Cardiff City squad.
For whatever reason the Koumas subsitution paid off today, but for now I'm putting it down to luck rather than insperation, that is until I get further evidence to the contary. :geek:

What's the saying again - "the harder you work, the luckier you get!"

A game is 90 + long - a goal is a goal, any one of players could have stepped up to hit that freekick, Koumas had the bottle knowing there was 2 mins left and had to pull off something special. That is a down to koumas' skill and DJ's changes, not luck.... :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:26 am

I am one of those that slates DJ when he gets it wrong. So I have got to say he got it right today by bringing Koumas into the match day squad.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:33 am

DJ brought Koumas on knowing we were going to get a free kick. Yes I suppose he did get it right,

Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:35 am

You have to be fair-monded. If he was lucky yesterday then he may have been unlucky before :-)
Come on, give the man a break

Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:42 am

Bakedalasker wrote:DJ brought Koumas on knowing we were going to get a free kick. Yes I suppose he did get it right,

Was Bothroyd playing? :lol:

Its a well documented fact that you and Annis don't like DJ and criticise everything he does but we win a game through Jones' Actions and you're still bemoaning about the way in which we won! :lol:

Just chill out and enjoy the moment, and get ready for Tuesdays game when Jones picks up another 3pts! :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:44 am

Merlin wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:DJ brought Koumas on knowing we were going to get a free kick. Yes I suppose he did get it right,

Its a well documented fact that you and Annis don't like DJ and criticise everything he does but we win a game through Jones' Actions and you're still bemoaning about the way in which we won! :lol:

Just chill out and enjoy the moment, and get ready for Tuesdays game when Jones picks up another 3pts! :ayatollah:

I'm enjoying the moment. I'm also being realistic and I think some guys are getting carried away over what was one magical moment. A moment we have been waiting for all season.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:08 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Merlin wrote:

I'm enjoying the moment. I'm also being realistic and I think some guys are getting carried away over what was one magical moment. A moment we have been waiting for all season.

At the end of the day this is an MB where we exchange different views whether we win lose or draw. It's not a happy club or sheep pen so I simply cannot understand the comments about 'not being happy' at the win aimed at the likes of Baked, Annis or myself which is an astonishing view.

Of course we are delighted at the win and I was jumping around when Koumas scored but once the game is over I find it perfectly honest to reflect on the game.

We were lucky end of as there was no way DJ brought Koumas on in the 88th minute knowing we were going to get a free-kick just outside the box.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with pointing that out, along with the fact we shouldn't have been in that position in the first place as DJ was slow in reacting when it was obvious JLS was knackered; something Donny exploited to equalize.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:06 am

Merlin wrote:

I have not commented on this thread Merlin, SO WHY BRING MY NAME IN TO IT ? I Dont Rate DJ, Everyone knows my reasons/opinions, But Also hundreds of others have had a go at him this season on here,wheres their names ? but they change their minds on a weekly basics, at least Bakedalasker,Tony Williams and Myself Dont change like the weather.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:19 am

Im not a dave jones fan never have been, but i will be happy if he proves us all wrong by winning promotion

Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:21 am

evans above wrote:Im not a dave jones fan never have been, but i will be happy if he proves us all wrong by winning promotion

EXACTLY HOW I FEEL, U'VE PUT IT IT ALL IN ONE SENTENCE, WELL SAID. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:45 am

evans above wrote:Im not a dave jones fan never have been, but i will be happy if he proves us all wrong by winning promotion

Well said I hate the tw*t but he does appear "AT LAST" to have got something right. If we keep winning games no one will have a problem with him.

Except of course for examples of his tactical genius like the Jacks at home thats never far from the surface is it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:57 am

DJ was lucky. Doncaster dominated the whole of the second half, ran the midfield and DJ did nothing to change it. We could all see Doncaster's equaliser coming, except for DJ who was quite happy to see us continually sit back and invite pressure onto us. All his subs were like for like again, he did nothing to tactically change the game. Although to be fair when he put Koumas on at the 88th minute I said what's the point in putting him on now, he has no time to change the game, and then he scores 2 goals! :lol:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:08 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Merlin wrote:

I have not commented on this thread Merlin, SO WHY BRING MY NAME IN TO IT ? I Dont Rate DJ, Everyone knows my reasons/opinions, But Also hundreds of others have had a go at him this season on here,wheres their names ? but they change their minds on a weekly basics, at least Bakedalasker,Tony Williams and Myself Dont change like the weather.

Annis, sorry I can't answer the phone right now! Have visitors here and I'm being sly with the phone on silent!! :lol:

QPR, Norwich, Swansea, etc etc have all scored last minute/second goals. Doesn't make them lucky! Like I said a game is 90 mins + so whether we scored in the 1st or 91st min makes no difference to me. Jones obviously didn't know there was going to be a free kick but he must have seen something from koumas in training all week especially with koumas practicing his dead balls! So bringing him into the squad and leaving out JET has worked out to be a master class this week. It also doesn't mean that he should start against Shef. Wed, Jones has to go back to the training ground and pick the team that HE thinks should face in a much different game against Sheff. Utd.

You have admitted many times on this Forum that you aren't a DJ fan but that doesn't question your loyalties as a fan! So I thought mentioning you wouldn't have been an issue.

We all want the same thing, Promotion. Whether we are lucky or not, It's about time this club had the rub of the green anyway, we've had our share of bad luck, and DJ is so far doing an excellent Job in pushing us forward, no matter who agrees or disagrees with his methods!

I have questioned him myself on MANY occasions along with many other people on this forum. I decided to reserve my judgment now until the 7th May. For now though, I just  that he doesn't have another flop and we remain LUCKY! 

Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:40 am

Dave Jones got lucky, Second half before the freekick we had one shot on target from Whitts, We didn't create much and Doncaster looked the better side.In my opinion he got lucky with the Koumas sub as i thought personally he would need 20 mins at least to make any impact.We get a free kick as Jay fell over again :lol: and Koumas showed his quality with the dead ball :ayatollah: .Very happy to take the ponts without playing well again.