Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

YOU HAVE TO ADMIT DJ GOT IT RIGHT

Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:12 pm

For once :lol:

Well done anyway all of the boys. 2 wins 6 more to come onwards and upwards!!! :ayatollah:

Re: YOU HAVE TO ADMIT DJ GOT IT RIGHT

Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:15 pm

rb1976 wrote:For once :lol:

Well done anyway all of the boys. 2 wins 6 more to come onwards and upwards!!! :ayatollah:

Well if you mean he has finally worked out that you can make tactical subsitution, then probably he got it right, but I still suspect he was just lucky.
Last edited by Tony Blue Williams on Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:15 pm

im a dj fan,i thought WTF when i seen the subs bench.i got it wrong,DJ got it right....KOUMAS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:16 pm

Yeah credit where it is due. Well played Jonesy and the team. :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:16 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Well if you mean he has finally worked out that you can make tactical subsitution, then probably he got it right, but I still suspect it was just lucky.

Well I cant argue with that, I'm liking luck alot!! :D :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:18 pm

same with 4 defenders on the bench i was like 'WTF is he doing?' but putting Koumas on was a great sub :D well done DJ

:ayatollah: NOW ON TO A TRICKY GAME AT SHEFFIELD UNITED!

Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:19 pm

Should've taken JLS off earlier,but i'll forgive him :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:25 pm

Well if you mean he has finally worked out that you can make tactical subsitution, then probably he got it right, but I still suspect he was just lucky.

You make your own luck..... You can't slate him when he's wrong and then call him lucky when he gets it right! Credit where it's due! :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:44 pm

He got lucky.

It shouldn't take a last minute goal from a sub to beat teams as far down the league as Donny.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:52 pm

QPR have won quite a few games this season from last minute goals...are they "lucky"?

Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:54 pm

and norwich are they 'lucky?'

Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:57 pm

He did but he didn't. A win is a win I know and not for one second am I complaining....but a 90 minute goal? Its a bit more luck and relief than genius. Come on....I bet DJ put Koumas on as a desperate hope knowing although Koumas has been useless he still has quality....not worth applauding.

Im neither a lover or hater of DJ, I judge him every week by week.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:58 pm

I dont get why its lucky to score near the end of a game, we all know its 90+add ons so I dont see why it matters when you score.

Thing is its easy for us now to say what a great tactical switch it was but if he didnt score we would have had a million threads about why he even had Koumas in the squad.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:03 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I dont get why its lucky to score near the end of a game, we all know its 90+add ons so I dont see why it matters when you score.

Thing is its easy for us now to say what a great tactical switch it was but if he didnt score we would have had a million threads about why he even had Koumas in the squad.

2true2handle! I had too! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:42 pm

I think we're all quick to criticise but we need to acknowlege when we get it right and today DJ got it right AGAIN. I'm judging this on today and last weeks performance and if we continue in this manner then its game on for the prem. I still think we can win every game and WILL be promoted. If I'm wrong I'm wrong but we finished strongly last year and we are repeating history so far.

Like I posted before 'THIS IS IT' and we are doing it NOW so let's carry on all the way to the Premiership!

Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:00 pm

If Koumas does nothing else for the rest of the season he has justified his loan with todays goals. Though I suspect that the two goals today will have done his confidence the world of good and he will kick on and contribute more on the run in.
Well done Jason and well done Dave Jones.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:33 pm

Merlin wrote:

You make your own luck..... You can't slate him when he's wrong and then call him lucky when he gets it right! Credit where it's due! :ayatollah:

Merlin I did give a bit of credit, not much but a bit :lol:

The luck thing is fair game in my mind as DJ is not short in coming forward about his so called bad luck, ref decisions, triedness and Blue Flu Viruses that apparently only affect the Cardiff City squad.

For whatever reason the Koumas subsitution paid off today, but for now I'm putting it down to luck rather than insperation, that is until I get further evidence to the contary. :geek:

Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:40 pm

Stat quoted on Jack coverage was that Norwich have won 20 points this season in the last 10 mins, does that make them lucky :roll: :D No it makes them a team that plays to the whistle.

We've criticised our lot for lacking this "grinding out" instinct, today they did it. DJ put Koumas on knowing that he is a player who can turn a game, it worked out so therefore he has to take the credit :ayatollah:

If Koumas is going to hit form tghen we have a real player on our hands for the most important part on the season :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:41 pm

He did get it right, well done DJ. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:47 pm

I'm never one to give DJ credit but there are a few things about todays game which have point to DJ getting this result for us.

I was really surprised to see Koumas on the team sheet, even as a sub, and when you consider we lost Parkin to injury and with Chopra already out to select Koumas DJ had to leave JET out of the squad. Now that takes balls because if we had lost this game we would have been all over him about leaving the team so short of attacking cover.

Whatever his reasons you have to say to select him and then put him on with a few minutes to go has turned out to be inspired, maybe he saw something in training, whatever it doesn't matter because whilst great credit goes to the team for playing to the last minute DJ had the balls and belief in the player to put him on.

Credit DJ he certainly got it right on this occasion now lets keep it going on Tuesday evening where a victory will take us to 10 away wins for the season.

Thats normally a good figure to put a team in with a real shout of automatic promotion. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:48 pm

piledriver64 wrote:Stat quoted on Jack coverage was that Norwich have won 20 points this season in the last 10 mins, does that make them lucky :roll: :D No it makes them a team that plays to the whistle.

We've criticised our lot for lacking this "grinding out" instinct, today they did it. DJ put Koumas on knowing that he is a player who can turn a game, it worked out so therefore he has to take the credit :ayatollah:

If Koumas is going to hit form tghen we have a real player on our hands for the most important part on the season :ayatollah:

Well actually we don't know if that was the reason for the substitution (although I suspect DJ will now claim it was :lol: )

It may well have been due to Burke having and injury or being too tired to carry on; as the decision to sub the goal scorer with someone who has fallen off the radar did seem a bit odd?

If tiredness or injury was the reason then Koumas' impact was a piece of unexpected luck rather than something by design, although as someone has already pointed out good luck is no bad thing.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:49 pm

We were generally out played in the second half.

Doncaster deserved their equaliser. :(

Well done Koumas; terrific introduction. Please keep it up :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:08 pm

piledriver64 wrote:Stat quoted on Jack coverage was that Norwich have won 20 points this season in the last 10 mins, does that make them lucky :roll: :D No it makes them a team that plays to the whistle.

It may well have been due to Burke having and injury or being too tired to carry on;

It wasn't. Burkey jogged off the pitch happily and freely to loud applause from the away end for his goal.

He had real problems with a pitch today that was not conducive to running with the ball.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:11 pm

SteW wrote:He got lucky.

It shouldn't take a last minute goal from a sub to beat teams as far down the league as Donny.

dont be a tw*t , bottom teams are fighting , or did you not see QPR result ??????/

Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:13 pm

Is that a joke? :?

Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:13 pm

Is that a joke? :?

Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:16 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I dont get why its lucky to score near the end of a game, we all know its 90+add ons so I dont see why it matters when you score.

spot on mate :evil:

Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:24 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:

It may well have been due to Burke having and injury or being too tired to carry on;

It wasn't. Burkey jogged off the pitch happily and freely to loud applause from the away end for his goal.

He had real problems with a pitch today that was not conducive to running with the ball.

Whether Burkey jogged off or not doesn't prove anything apart from he didn't have a broken leg.

He might have had a hidden injury or just felt tired, I can remember Oli jogging off recently and then being out for 6 weeks. As I said subbing him (the goal scorer) for Koumas was a strange decision considering JK had fallen off the radar.

Also if the pitch was such a problem, then why did DJ leave the subbing until the 88th minute? I'm sorry but I cannot accept that Koumas' impact on the game was nothing more than a lucky break, considering the overwhelming evidence of the past 6 years that DJ simply doesn't like to gamble.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:30 pm

ned wrote:

It's luck if your actions produce a positive outcome when your intentions were something different. Burke was either tried, injured or DJ simply gave Koumas a run out for the last few minutes (IMO).

It could hardly be a great tactical move as the subsitution didn't happen until the 88th minute.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:24 pm

ned wrote:

It's luck if your actions produce a positive outcome when your intentions were something different. Burke was either tried, injured or DJ simply gave Koumas a run out for the last few minutes (IMO).

It could hardly be a great tactical move as the subsitution didn't happen until the 88th minute.

I can see what you are saying but isn't that the nature of most substitutions ? The manager makes them in the hope of it changing the game. In this case one thing he will have known is that Koumas would have been an option for any dead balls around the area.

One thing that was lucky was Bellers and Whitts actually letting hm take it :lol:

Here's to another 7 "lucky" substitutions :lol: :ayatollah: