Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DO YOU KNOW HOW ?

Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:13 am

I was thinking the other day after I was told about a guy found dead in a field next to where my little boys goes to school.
How many of us really know how to give CPR to someone should they need it, ? say that you see someone on the floor with a heart attack, or some one taken out of the water.
There life is now in your hands , do you really know how to safe this life ?

Back in the 70s I worked for NCL which was a parcel delivery company . I was ask to work some over time on a Saturday morning . I had to take a Trailer from Cardiff to Swansea and bring another one back,I had to do this twice.
I was on my last trip back to Cardiff and stopped on my way back in a lay by,this was on the old A48. While I was there in my cab, a car come in to the lay by and jumped to a holt then stopped and a woman jumped out holding her head and screaming.
I jumped down and run to ask her the problem,then I could see a guy ( Her Husband )white in the front seat,and 2 little girls in the back.
So I got him out on the floor and checked for a pules and got nothing, anyway to cut this short, I got him breathing again and I had told his wife to flag down someone if she could. Lucky to say a Security van stopped and use his radio to call 999.
I stayed with them till the police and Ambulance come and then went on my way.
I had a letter about 3 weeks later from them to say thank you , I still some times think about this and it makes me think.
I once also had a heart attack , not one person there knew what to do,but I made it.

On a lighter note we need someone who know CPR after all We are Cardiff City Fans ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: