Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is Olofinjana good enough for the Premier League?

You may select 1 option

View results

Is Olofinjana good enough for the Premier League?

Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:48 pm

After reading what people thought about him on the post about QPR potentially signing him, i was just wondering what everyone thought about Oli because opinions seem pretty varied. I actually think that he is absolutely outstanding and good enough for a top 10 Premier League team, but i also realise that alot of people will think im mad for saying that. So yeah...

Re: Is Olofinjana good enough for the Premier League?

Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Personally, I don't think he's good enough to start but would be a good squad player. It depends on the formation though.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:50 pm

Depends on what formation he is used in

Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:53 pm

No chance. When he plays well, he is a quality act. Thing is that only happens once every 10 games.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:55 pm

Interesting point, after about 10 games i had a debate with a stoke mate and he was admanet he wasnt good enough, I disagreed.
Now I'm not so sure but I would still look to sign him if we went up even as a squad player as we have no else in his position or who can do his job. I do think he is better when more involved in games so in the prem I think he could be very useful.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:03 pm

i really feel strongly that he is good enough
i could name plenty of Prem teams who would pay a few million to have a player like Oli!
He is a man-mountain in the middle, he's strong, breaks up attacks, even gets forward for the odd goal... admittedly, his passing can be a bit sloppy but i just think that his type of player is so important in modern football.

We miss him so much when he's not playing, in my opinion.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:12 pm

Yes, when he plays to his strengths he is a very important player. For about 2-3 months in the middle of the season he was almost non existent in the middle of the park...
Too inconsistent for me.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:24 pm

Carl_Dales_Left_boot wrote:Yes, when he plays to his strengths he is a very important player. For about 2-3 months in the middle of the season he was almost non existent in the middle of the park...
Too inconsistent for me.

was he really inconsistent though or was the team underperforming making him seem inconsistent?
because i think he's one of the few who's been consistently good bar one or two performances! along with Super Kev :) :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:30 pm

scott_ccfc wrote:
Carl_Dales_Left_boot wrote:Yes, when he plays to his strengths he is a very important player. For about 2-3 months in the middle of the season he was almost non existent in the middle of the park...
Too inconsistent for me.

was he really inconsistent though or was the team underperforming making him seem inconsistent?
because i think he's one of the few who's been consistently good bar one or two performances! along with Super Kev :) :ayatollah:

No chance has he been 1 of our most consistent. I will say though, that when he does perform, we look like a far stronger unit.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:33 pm

why pick on oli, theres another 7 or 8 in our team not good enough for the prem,as it stands, bellamy, mc naughton,um, burke, thats about it, give jay a go, and whitts, then thats it?//

Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:36 pm

Whose picking on Oli?

Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:42 pm

Carl_Dales_Left_boot wrote:Whose picking on Oli?

exactly
i was making this point and poll because i actually think he is good enough!

Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:50 pm

scott_ccfc wrote:

exactly

sorry, i never meant it to sound like that,, i think a better poll would be, who would you take with us to the prem if we do get there, :oops:

Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:52 pm

ninianblue wrote:
scott_ccfc wrote:

exactly

sorry, i never meant it to sound like that,, i think a better poll would be, who would you take with us to the prem if we do get there, :oops:

get that poll going then mate, i'll put my votes in :) :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:56 pm

i was making this point and poll because i actually think he is good enough![/quote]
sorry, i never meant it to sound like that,, i think a better poll would be, who would you take with us to the prem if we do get there, :oops:[/quote]
get that poll going then mate, i'll put my votes in :) :ayatollah:[/quote]
ok ,i accept your appology, you owe me a pint, when i see you, :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:34 pm

hes no where near Premiership quality, are you lot bloody dreaming?

Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:36 pm

I don't think he is...he's too inconsistent