Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Meeting with FAW

Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:16 am

The football supporters federation have a meeting with the FAW next Wednesday..we will obviously bring up questions about the ticket situation at the England match but have you any questions or ideas we can take with us to the meeting that would improve things for fans at future games....or any questions at all you want us to bring up at the meeting?

cheers guys...you can PM me if you like

Re: Meeting with FAW

Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:51 am

Ask them why they want to prevent us joining the FA :lol:

Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:11 am

Can you ask them why they receive such little funding from WAG?

Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:13 am

Because money from the WAG is auditted and the FAW would blow it?

This is the FAW who once failed to book enough seats on a plane for the Welsh players, don't forget.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:14 am

nerd wrote:Because money from the WAG is auditted and the FAW would blow it?

This is the FAW who once failed to book enough seats on a plane for the Welsh players, don't forget.

I would still like to hear what their excuse for it is to see what amazing reason they come up with.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:17 am

They'd claim commercial confidentiality and refuse to answer, to be honest.

We can all guess the reasons - people will naturally claim egg bias, but then again the WAG won't give out money just because you ask, you need to provide a sound business plan. And I suspect that would be the reason. Equally, football associations get money from other sources, which I suspect would be more numerous than egg ones.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:20 am

good question...we can ask that

Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:33 am

CAN YOU PLEASE BRING THIS ISSUE UP ABOUT FLAG HANGING.
Posted this just after the game.

quote="GLASCOEDBLUE"]I don't know who to blame, but before the game I seen at least 5 large welsh flags being removed by stewards and yes all english flags hung large and proud for full 90 minutes.
If as welsh fans we can't hang flags and show our support for the boys, its rubs off on the singing as well.
I left my LARGE flag at home today because I knew what would happen. Had many debates in the past with the men in orange coats about this issue in that stadium (utter wankers). We all know this should have been played at CCS but yet again the FAW put money before the true fans.
As a Gold member I ended up in U10 ROW 13 what a f*cking joke, paid an extra £25 to sit with the gods.
END OF RANT. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Roll on next saturday and watch a proper footie match Bluebirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrds :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:58 am

GLASCOEDBLUE wrote:CAN YOU PLEASE BRING THIS ISSUE UP ABOUT FLAG HANGING.
Posted this just after the game.

quote="GLASCOEDBLUE"]I don't know who to blame, but before the game I seen at least 5 large welsh flags being removed by stewards and yes all english flags hung large and proud for full 90 minutes.
If as welsh fans we can't hang flags and show our support for the boys, its rubs off on the singing as well.
I left my LARGE flag at home today because I knew what would happen. Had many debates in the past with the men in orange coats about this issue in that stadium (utter wankers). We all know this should have been played at CCS but yet again the FAW put money before the true fans.
As a Gold member I ended up in U10 ROW 13 what a f*cking joke, paid an extra £25 to sit with the gods.
END OF RANT. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Roll on next saturday and watch a proper footie match Bluebirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrds :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
[/quote]

Flags are only allowed if they do not hide sponsors advertising as the sponsors pay a lot of money to the FAW for advertising.
Also people conplain below if the flags obstruct their view and if they obstruct the view from the corporate boxes.
Im a gold member too, paid £15 for my England ticket and was lucky to be in the middle tier. Think you should have had a better view.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:27 pm

Ticketing Aftermath: My lad and I are CC ST holders and go to see all Wales home games, irrespective of who we are playing. We were spectacularly let down on the England game tickets despite my actually going into the FAW and delivering my archaic application form and cheque for five tickets - I was gutted for my lad. We also didn't appear to get any preference for tickets despite attending home games and also being CC ST holders. The FAW should have at least a database of regular attendee fans (base requirement) and there should have been some sort of preference scheme via the main Welsh clubs (as that's their main fanbase of regular supporters). I'll of course be there for the next game but I know that many die-hard fans who were let down are saying that they may not turn up as their loyal support meant for nothing when it came to the big event. It's the guys who are in the 10 -14,000 crowd for the likes of Belarus and Bulgaria that need to be looked after.
And the key issue that needs to be addressed is this dire attendance issue - CCFC and the J's regularly attract bigger crowds than the internationals and as we all know, the supporters are often the 12th man. I agree that factors are the quality of the football or who we are playing but 10 -14,000 for our international side? :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:31 pm

Ticketing Aftermath: My lad and I are CC ST holders and go to see all Wales home games, irrespective of who we are playing. We were spectacularly let down on the England game tickets despite my actually going into the FAW and delivering my archaic application form and cheque for five tickets - I was gutted for my lad. We also didn't appear to get any preference for tickets despite attending home games and also being CC ST holders. The FAW should have at least a database of regular attendee fans (base requirement) and there should have been some sort of preference scheme via the main Welsh clubs (as that's their main fanbase of regular supporters). I'll of course be there for the next game but I know that many die-hard fans who were let down are saying that they may not turn up as their loyal support meant for nothing when it came to the big event. It's the guys who are in the 10 -14,000 crowd for the likes of Belarus and Bulgaria that need to be looked after.

Can you explain how they let you down? I will ask that question then mate...did you get a poor view?

CCST would get no priority but gold and silver members and Welsh season ticket holders would...they have a database of all fans who are members

Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:56 pm

Hi C - I'll PM you to keep the main thread short.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:34 pm

ok mate or give me a ring