Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is this our last chance?

Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:59 pm

If we dont make it this season, whats your opinions on what will happen next season?
last chance to go up and struggle next year? come back stronger?

if we fail to go up i believe it all depends on how strong a manager we can bring in, someone who has good contacts in the game and can show enthusiasm to players, fans and media. We need to be backed heavily as we we will lose a lot of our squad.

thoughts? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Is this our last chance?

Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:28 pm

After losing last seasons p/off final i thought we were going to be weak this season and have no chance of promotion but here we are with a stronger squad. So, who knows what next season would bring?

Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:01 pm

I think this will be our last chance for a few seasons. Look what's happened to Reading, the Coppell era ended, they failed to get back into the Premiership so they had to sell their best players and rebuild. If we fail to go up this season, we will lose our key players and obviously, our loan players will go. It depends how much the Malaysians will be willing to back the new manager, but it will be a huge rebuilding process and it will take time.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:14 pm

i think next season we would struggle especially with teams like leicester getting stronger due to money, forest always being a threat. the prem teams coming down. will be difficult but you never know who we will bring in..lose and possibly keep. this has to be our season!!

Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:31 pm

Honest Opinion

If WE GO UP WE WILL GO FROM STRENGTH TO STRENGTH, Sam will be paid off.
If We Dont go up, Jones and Jenkins will be gone and prob Sam back as 50% Owner, Just MY OPINION.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Honest Opinion

If WE GO UP WE WILL GO FROM STRENGTH TO STRENGTH, Sam will be paid off.
If We Dont go up, Jones and Jenkins will be gone and prob Sam back as 50% Owner, Just MY OPINION.

going up is what this club really needs....but part of me wants us to stay in this division to get certain things changed. the possibility of promotion is great but if we miss out and we change manager and players and sam possibly comes back..i don't think we will get promotion next season, it could be another 2 years or so.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:46 pm

Just my opinion,,,,, yeah I think it will be if we go up I think after a year or so we will be qualifying for Europe because I think we are a sleeping giant as a club with a huge potential......... But I hate to say it if we don't it could be disastrous look at Preston they were regulars in play offs where they now????? Same with sheff utd?????? Remember just my opinion but I really honestly think we will finish 2nd because we're Cardiff we're barmy we're off our f*****g heads :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:00 pm

Valleybluebird wrote:Just my opinion,,,,, yeah I think it will be if we go up I think after a year or so we will be qualifying for Europe because I think we are a sleeping giant as a club with a huge potential......... But I hate to say it if we don't it could be disastrous look at Preston they were regulars in play offs where they now????? Same with sheff utd?????? Remember just my opinion but I really honestly think we will finish 2nd because we're Cardiff we're barmy we're off our f*****g heads :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:11 pm

'last chance saloon* :ayatollah:
I dont particulary care where im travellin next season, southampton , brighton, manchester, i'll be pissed anyway

if we lose all our good players it will be nice to see some homegrown talent come through and players with passion and realistic wages. like real people who act like people not arrogant twats above the rest of society.

no names mentioned but, you only gotta look down the leagues at clubs to see the difference

Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:20 pm

ccfc_cotta wrote:'last chance saloon* :ayatollah:
I dont particulary care where im travellin next season, southampton , brighton, manchester, i'll be pissed anyway

if we lose all our good players it will be nice to see some homegrown talent come through and players with passion and realistic wages. like real people who act like people not arrogant twats above the rest of society.

no names mentioned but, you only gotta look down the leagues at clubs to see the difference

i agree but sometimes you have to have the high paid players to give you the big push. tbh if leicester forest and the teams that come down are investing and we aren't then we are going to struggle.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:32 pm

I feel emotionally worn down and frustrated, after this season I'm gonna go for the football and just watch football regardless of the outcome, its the only way to have an enjoyable weekend so0metimes,
i think we will go up.
if we got to wembley
i'll be happy if its as hot as last year and to get the day out.
one thing is for certain i wont be in tears again this year regerdless of outcome
:ayatollah:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:52 pm

i just can't see when we will get a better chance than this. ok our position is good but to most of us it could be slightly better, but i don't see when we will get a better team and a better opportunity than this.