Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Portugal next for our money

Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:16 pm

If we backed out of Europe places like Merthyr, Aberdare and Cwmbran would be more fucked than they are now. The only reason there is any trade left in those areas is because of European funding. Unfortunately, I do think Europe does offer less than we give it though. Would we be willing to throw the smaller towns to the slaughter so us lot living in the big cities get our money's worth? I'm not sure I could do that.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:34 pm

No doubt it will just be more money that the banks get!

Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:36 pm

What I find ridiculous is that so many Portuguese people seem to think that it is quite reasonable that the EU should bail them out, and that there is no shame in it. Why the UK should pay for a problem largely influenced by Portugal's Eurozone membership really is beyond me.

The Swiss have a sweet deal. All the trading benefits of the EU, but with none of the costs of EU membership. Would be interesting if the UK could transition to the Swiss position.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:55 pm

Cant Europe bail us out. Britain is nearly a trillion in debt.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:35 pm

Money isn't real.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:58 pm

Midfield general wrote:When are the public going to get a vote on Europe because Im sick to death of bailing out European countries who cant manage their finances properly.

Your missing the point here.

It's a loan with a high interest rate. The tax payer funds the loan but the government keep the interest.

Win win for the powers that be.

The media spin is menat to divert your attention against the portos while the government and the wanking f*cking bankers coin it in again.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:59 pm

Uccello Azzurro wrote:What I find ridiculous is that so many Portuguese people seem to think that it is quite reasonable that the EU should bail them out, and that there is no shame in it. Why the UK should pay for a problem largely influenced by Portugal's Eurozone membership really is beyond me.

The Swiss have a sweet deal. All the trading benefits of the EU, but with none of the costs of EU membership. Would be interesting if the UK could transition to the Swiss position.

That's rich coming from from you....Italy's next, the corrrupt shit hole it is