Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

4X4 drivers

Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:38 pm

What is the first thing that goes through your mind when you see someone in one of these ridiculous vehicles, (farmers builders etc exempt)?

a. Wow, look at that guy! I wish I was like him.
b. What a complete bellend.

Re: 4X4 drivers

Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:00 pm

harold pinta wrote:What is the first thing that goes through your mind when you see someone in one of these ridiculous vehicles, (farmers builders etc exempt)?

Well you could look at it another way.
Some of these vehicles are some of the most environmentally friendly transport on our roads today.

1 Lets take the land rover for example,75% of them ever made are still on our roads today which is amazing considering they were first made in 1948.How many vehicles would the average person have scrapped if they had been driving since 1948?

2 You can purchase all terrain tyres for a landrover for less than a set of tyres for the average family car but the all terrain tyres will give you at least 4 years wear so how many sets of tyres will the average family car use in 4 years?

3 The landrover defender is the safest vehicle on the road in the event of a car crash and you would be unlikely to sustain injury.

4 The long wheel base 110 defender is capable of carrying 11 passengers so if you run a junior football team then you would get the whole first team in one vehicle when travelling to an away match so how many vehicles would that keep off the road?

So the moral of the story is that someone who drives a 4x4 is not always a bellend as it depends how you use the vehicle.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:07 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
harold pinta wrote:What is the first thing that goes through your mind when you see someone in one of these ridiculous vehicles, (farmers builders etc exempt)?

Well you could look at it another way.
Some of these vehicles are some of the most environmentally friendly transport on our roads today.

1 Lets take the land rover for example,75% of them ever made are still on our roads today which is amazing considering they were first made in 1948.How many vehicles would the average person have scrapped if they had been driving since 1948?

2 You can purchase all terrain tyres for a landrover for less than a set of tyres for the average family car but the all terrain tyres will give you at least 4 years wear so how many sets of tyres will the average family car use in 4 years?

3 The landrover defender is the safest vehicle on the road in the event of a car crash and you would be unlikely to sustain injury.

4 The long wheel base 110 defender is capable of carrying 11 passengers so if you run a junior football team then you would get the whole first team in one vehicle when travelling to an away match so how many vehicles would that keep off the road?

So the moral of the story is that someone who drives a 4x4 is not always a bellend as it depends how you use the vehicle.

Perhaps I should have been more specific, I don't mean landrovers. I mean those stupid bmw, mistubishi etc, chelsea tractors you see on the school run and in the disabled bays at supermarkets.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:13 pm

i dont like them but everyones diferent

Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:14 pm

Midfield general wrote:I dont have a 4x4 but people who dont like 4x4's are either tree huggers or jealous individuals.

As the pervious poster stated some of them are the more friendlier on the enviroment than many other cars but people wont listen.

Come on, people don't buy chelsea tractors for thier environmental friendliness! :lol: :lol:

If they did would that make them tree huggers? I'm certainly not one, i like nothing better than a big bonfire with afew tyres on it. And as for jealousy, I could go out and buy a brand new 4x4 tomorrow, but I would feel embarassed to be seen driving it.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:14 pm

Midfield general wrote:I dont have a 4x4 but people who dont like 4x4's are either tree huggers or jealous individuals.

As the pervious poster stated some of them are the more friendlier on the enviroment than many other cars but people wont listen.

I have never been called pervious before.Do you know some dark secret from my distant past? :lol:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:20 pm

harold pinta wrote:

Come on, people don't buy chelsea tractors for thier environmental friendliness! :lol: :lol:

If they did would that make them tree huggers? I'm certainly not one, i like nothing better than a big bonfire with afew tyres on it. And as for jealousy, I could go out and buy a brand new 4x4 tomorrow, but I would feel embarassed to be seen driving it.

As I previously stated, it all depends what you use them for.They would be a waste of time to use on a 2 mile school run taking 1 kid to school but the flip side of that argument is that if you took 11 kids to school in a Defender 110 then this would possibly stop up to 11 vehicles doing the same run.They can be the most environmentally friendly car on the road if you use them in the right way.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:26 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
harold pinta wrote:

As I previously stated, it all depends what you use them for.They would be a waste of time to use on a 2 mile school run taking 1 kid to school but the flip side of that argument is that if you took 11 kids to school in a Defender 110 then this would possibly stop up to 11 vehicles doing the same run.They can be the most environmentally friendly car on the road if you use them in the right way.

But you NEVER see 11 kids in a landrover, it's always one woman and one kid in the back of a giant bloody big bmw X 11. The same journey could be done in a Fiesta or a Clio or whatever.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:30 pm

I can't argue against that as it angers me also.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:13 pm

Should my next Range Rover Supercharged be Black or White?

Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:55 pm

From the inside looking out i think if that c**t steps in front of me he's dead :lol:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:29 am

Johnny Rythmn wrote:From the inside looking out i think if that c**t steps in front of me he's dead :lol:

And THAT statement alone condemns YOU for what you are....someone in control (very loose term) of a potentially dangerous and lethal weapon who doesn't see the carnage they could cause!! (And I'm not talking obout your sexual prowess here)

And don't even start me on the disabled parking thing....but I guess you need to be a selfish person (or a show off) to buy one in the begining....

SAD!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:31 am

Sven Ghali wrote:
Johnny Rythmn wrote:From the inside looking out i think if that c**t steps in front of me he's dead :lol:

And THAT statement alone condemns YOU for what you are....someone in control (very loose term) of a potentially dangerous and lethal weapon who doesn't see the carnage they could cause!! (And I'm not talking obout your sexual prowess here)

And don't even start me on the disabled parking thing....but I guess you need to be a selfish person (or a show off) to buy one in the begining....

SAD!!

You presumptious little prick...f**k off wanker

Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:42 am

Daya wrote:Should my next Range Rover Supercharged be Black or White?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:45 am

White Defo!!!

Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:28 am

jinks-rct wrote:

i dont like them but everyones diferent

agreed :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:53 am

Blue, ya f*cking old tory :old:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:24 am

RichardBluebird wrote:

Blue, ya f*cking old tory :old:

I dont like Blue .... but them im just waking into Portman Road!

Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:30 am

I DRIVE A VOUGUE - safety family car with comfort and im a builder and a bellend lol :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:28 am

But these big 4x4s look good on the drive when it snows :D

Would love a 4x4 myself but can't justify it for the 2-3 days a year it would be needed. Can't argue with Defenders etc. because they are working tools and like a previous poster said have lots of benefits. I just went for a 2 wheel drive crossover with auto socks for the odd snowy day.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:38 am

You'll always move over for me though Johnny, I drive an 11 tonne bus. :lol:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:20 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
Sven Ghali wrote:

SAD!!

You presumptious little prick...f**k off wanker

LOL....you ARE funny!!

Profanity is the tool of a man who KNOWS he is WRONG but HAS to retort in a VAIN attempt to SAVE FACE!!

Sticks and stones, mucker, sticks and stones....

By the way, LITTLE I ain't, so I must be a BIG prick :lol: and MY sex life is suffice for me not to have to resort to the latter comment!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:22 pm

When I see someone driving one I don't think anything because they're just another driver in a car. However, if they drive like a wanker I think 'what a wanker'... just like I do whenever someone is driving like a wanker in any other car.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:27 pm

Yeah the problem with them is half of the (mainly women - not being sexist because I am one!) drivers behind the wheel of them have no idea how to drive them/control them/park them (hence parking in disabled bays half the time, so as not to bump their precious car).

That's what I hate about them, but then that's what I hate about 90% of Britain's road users is the fact that they can't bloody drive!

Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:11 pm

Zabier wrote:When I see someone driving one I don't think anything because they're just another driver in a car. However, if they drive like a wanker I think 'what a wanker'... just like I do whenever someone is driving like a wanker in any other car.

Great point....!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:30 pm

My 4x4 got me to work everyday during the recent snow and to Tesco to snap up all the bread and milk!. Doing our bit to keep the economy moving whilst you car drivers were costing the country millions in lost working time !! :D :D

Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:34 am

redcamp legend wrote:My 4x4 got me to work everyday during the recent snow and to Tesco to snap up all the bread and milk!. Doing our bit to keep the economy moving whilst you car drivers were costing the country millions in lost working time !! :D :D

I had to get to work somehow (babies don't stop for snow!) and my shitty little 10 year old Peugeot 206 was fabulous in the snow.... I've just bought a brand new citroen C3 and I'm not convinced itll be the same....

Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:31 am

I guess I'm a complete bellend then, cause whilst I was cutting up the ice and snow in my old 4x4 last December on my way to work, all of my work colleagues in their "ridiculous vehicles" (their 2 wheel drive cars) which were stuck on their drives, were forced to take a weeks annual leave!!! :D