Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO Stan-QPR

Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:53 pm

Stan there's been a lot said regarding docking of points etc but for me your boys have walked this league and deserve to go up as champions on merit.
I watched on Monday night and the movement and chasing back was brilliant. You are bound to get pelters from the likes of Luton and all the other clubs who have been penalised points for irregularities but for me Neil Warnock and his squad of players have earned the right to play in the EPL.
Neil Warnock was relegated under the West Ham fiddle so I hope this action does not in any way stop your boys from taking their place in the Premiership.

Re: FAO Stan-QPR

Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:17 pm

Thanks for the post pal.

My opinion is that the table does not lie. We have accumulated more points than 22 other teams in this division & sit pretty at the top due to hard work, talent & an unbelievable manager. This 2 year old nonsense hanging over us is slightly souring the run in for us die hards who have endured many a year of shite.

But hand on heart I'm not worried about points being docked. The fact the FA have waited until the day before the end of the season to give us a verdict shows me they are waiting to see where we stand before wrapping our knuckles. I cannot see how they would stop us going up & in the process totally destroy the whole automatic & play off schedules, I just can't see it.

As you say we play some great stuff & Warnock is the man behind it all, we have bite with players like Derry, Hill & Faurlin, skills with the likes of Taarabt, Routledge & Smith & the very best goalkeeper in the league boasting 22 clean sheets from 38 games, unbelievable.

We have the perfect blend too succeed & again Neil Warnock that has built this team.

I have really grown to admire your club & supporters over time due to your football knowledge & sheer passion for your club. Yes you should probably be doing slightly better, yes Bellamy hasn't lived up too the hype BUT its still in your hands & I still see you going up in 2nd in front of Norwich & the Jacks.

Once you catch Norwich you are home & dry. Fear not the Bluebirds are joining us in the promised land.
:ayatollah:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:39 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:But hand on heart I'm not worried about points being docked. The fact the FA have waited until the day before the end of the season to give us a verdict shows me they are waiting to see where we stand before wrapping our knuckles. I cannot see how they would stop us going up & in the process totally destroy the whole automatic & play off schedules, I just can't see it.

SO basically, get punished less if found guilty, if you're at the top?

Seriously, tho, it appears irregularities were raised with you guys, the paperwork charges arising after you were contacted to correct the problem. if proven, do you seriously think you'd get leniency given the piss would have been taken out of the FA?

"Destroy"? How? By applying a deserved punishment, if found guilty? You may not see it, but the nature of the charges is pretty serious. Look at what happened to Swindon - did that destroy the system?

And playing devils advocate, if Palladini took the piss with this transfer - you'd have hand on heart confidence all transfers made - including Taarabt - were kosher?

Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:12 pm

You're top on merit.

The FA will punish as they see fit no matter how the table sits and what schedules are in place though.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:18 pm

Can only give my own opinion and that is we will get a fine and that is it.

The papers, tv, all media outlets, managers are not even talking about it, its not big news so again my gut feeling is we are ok.

Nerd I couldn't give 2 hoots about what transfers were kosher & which were not. Do you think Cardiff City play by all the rules? Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea all have questionable history's with certain transfers, its football live with it.

On a brighter note 3 WINS & WE'RE PROMOTED :D

Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:20 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Thanks for the post pal.

My opinion is that the table does not lie. We have accumulated more points than 22 other teams in this division & sit pretty at the top due to hard work, talent & an unbelievable manager. This 2 year old nonsense hanging over us is slightly souring the run in for us die hards who have endured many a year of shite.

But hand on heart I'm not worried about points being docked. The fact the FA have waited until the day before the end of the season to give us a verdict shows me they are waiting to see where we stand before wrapping our knuckles. I cannot see how they would stop us going up & in the process totally destroy the whole automatic & play off schedules, I just can't see it.

As you say we play some great stuff & Warnock is the man behind it all, we have bite with players like Derry, Hill & Faurlin, skills with the likes of Taarabt, Routledge & Smith & the very best goalkeeper in the league boasting 22 clean sheets from 38 games, unbelievable.

We have the perfect blend too succeed & again Neil Warnock that has built this team.

I have really grown to admire your club & supporters over time due to your football knowledge & sheer passion for your club. Yes you should probably be doing slightly better, yes Bellamy hasn't lived up too the hype BUT its still in your hands & I still see you going up in 2nd in front of Norwich & the Jacks.

Once you catch Norwich you are home & dry. Fear not the Bluebirds are joining us in the promised land.

cant really argue with any of that?
where do you want your season ticket next year? canton or ninian :D

Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:54 pm

Fair play, top man for being so well grounded on another clubs forum, nothing but respect for you. Hopefully everything goes smoothly until the end of the season without any deductions for you, like its been said, thoroughly deserved.

I believe we will be there with you, I think we have players with hunger and desire to play at the top level even if they've been criticised. We can do it and when we do, no need for a sigh of relief, time to celebrate. We need to earn it just like everyone else and WHEN we do, we will throw an unbelievable party I know that. :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:52 am

bethanmattsgrampy wrote:Stan there's been a lot said regarding docking of points etc but for me your boys have walked this league and deserve to go up as champions on merit.
I watched on Monday night and the movement and chasing back was brilliant. You are bound to get pelters from the likes of Luton and all the other clubs who have been penalised points for irregularities but for me Neil Warnock and his squad of players have earned the right to play in the EPL.
Neil Warnock was relegated under the West Ham fiddle so I hope this action does not in any way stop your boys from taking their place in the Premiership.

QPR are where they are because they are the most consistent team in the league, however the club has broken the same rules as other clubs have fittingly been punished for in the past and still haven't recovered from said punishment. If QPR are found guilty of the seven charges brought against them, then I'm sorry - but like Swindon, Luton etc etc you should be punished accordingly.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:28 am

Stan-QPR wrote:Thanks for the post pal.

Totally agree Stan on the fact the FA arent taking any action til day before end of season, allowing them the easy option of deducting the required number of points to show the rest of the league you have been punished and yet allow promotion, which you deserve. See ya in the Prem next year :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:36 am

Stan will you be joining us for a beer prior to your game with us, at the ninian pub :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: be nice to meet you :old:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:37 am

Stan, Your position in the league DOES NOT LIE, YOUR THE BEST TEAM IN THE DIVISION BY FAR :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:41 am

Stan-QPR wrote:Can only give my own opinion and that is we will get a fine and that is it.

The papers, tv, all media outlets, managers are not even talking about it, its not big news so again my gut feeling is we are ok.

Nerd I couldn't give 2 hoots about what transfers were kosher & which were not. Do you think Cardiff City play by all the rules? Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea all have questionable history's with certain transfers, its football live with it.

On a brighter note 3 WINS & WE'RE PROMOTED :D

Can you clarify which rules we've broken? Just for the record. Or indeed the other clubs you mention?

You're right in that I suspect the FA will utterly bottle it. Fact remains, if proven,the charges are incredibly f***ing serious. A fine would be a piss take, as you well know. And you also know it's utter bs if you got treated more leniently than say a club in mid table due to being top. If proven, and you goup, you'll still be tainted as cheats.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:26 am

are the fa leaving it till the last game of the season to issue their penalty to qpr or when the season is over? also why are they leaving it so late if they know when the punishment will be dished out surley they know what the punishment will be? shouldnt they just get it over and done with now or are they just waiting so as to take the title from qpr and demote them to 2nd place.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:35 am

I think we have to remember that if you are punished it is for fielding an ineligible player for a prolonged period of time who has been a decent acquisition for you. This isn't just some back up player who has played 1 or 2 games. Faurlin is a decent player so you are top on merit but if the Football League believe you are guilty of breaking the rules then you would therefore be top via unfair circumstances and in my opinion any punishment would be fair.

Personally, I hope there is no case to answer because if we go up I want it to be by our own means and not some controversial points deduction. A case is clearly there though and in my opinion if you get punished, you deserve it, if not then you don't. Simple.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:46 am

Personally, I hope there is no case to answer because if we go up I want it to be by our own means and not some controversial points deduction. A case is clearly there though and in my opinion if you get punished, you deserve it, if not then you don't. Simple.[/quote]

I agree with Zabiers sentiments :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:49 am

Fair points lads.

Nerd tbh since this thing came to light you've had a serious hard on over the whole situation but as I say I can only tell you my own PERSONAL view on it.

You say cheats yet nothing has been proven, if we get deducted points & go up or get given a fine & go up then we have been fairly punished by the FA & the matter is over. Your posts reek of bitterness if I'm honest (although you won't admit that).

I didn't say you or the other clubs I'd mentioned had been 'charged' with anything did I? I said can you say Cardiff City have been squeaky clean in every transfer & bit of business you've done. It was a question.

Man Utd, Chelsea etc all notorious for 'tapping up' players in the past.

Anywayyyyyy the vast majority of your fans seem to think we deserve it on merit & rightly so, so that's good enough for me.

Baz- I'm defo up for a light ale & a chin wag pal so as soon as I know the plans I will pm you mate.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:14 pm

Zabier wrote:Personally, I hope there is no case to answer because if we go up I want it to be by our own means and not some controversial points deduction. A case is clearly there though and in my opinion if you get punished, you deserve it, if not then you don't. Simple.

While I agree with your sentiments, if we did go up on the back of a points deduction(and I don't think we will to be honest), then that would be down to the Football League or whoever it is(FA?) saying that QPR have been cheating(in basic terms). In their opinion then the punishment would fit the crime and technicaly we would be going up by our own means due to someone else not playing fairly by the rules and gaining an unfair advantage!

However, that won't happen. :lol:

Anyway, as has been pointed out - the whole situation is far too quiet for anything as severe as that to be happening...............

Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:27 pm

Stan referred to the word Blend in his original post.

Good ingredients alone will not make a good Whiskey - or so I am told - but the right blend will.

The same can be said of promotion chasing sides. On paper I dont think QPR are that much better than us. However, QPR do have that "blend" of players who compliment each others styles. No big names. No massive egos. Just a group of players who believe that 2nd place is not an option.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:37 pm

PtB, good point. I can see a fine and maybe a 3 point deduction at the most. I think this is also partially the Football League's fault because the transfer went through and he's been with QPR for long enough for them to notice something. The fact they are only picking up on it now shows a major case of incompetence... which isn't surprising from a British footballing authority! :roll:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:41 pm

Zabier wrote:The fact they are only picking up on it now shows a major case of incompetence... which isn't surprising from a British footballing authority! :roll:

Never a truer word said!

Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:05 pm

Zabier wrote:I think we have to remember that if you are punished it is for fielding an ineligible player for a prolonged period of time who has been a decent acquisition for you. This isn't just some back up player who has played 1 or 2 games. Faurlin is a decent player so you are top on merit but if the Football League believe you are guilty of breaking the rules then you would therefore be top via unfair circumstances and in my opinion any punishment would be fair.

Personally, I hope there is no case to answer because if we go up I want it to be by our own means and not some controversial points deduction. A case is clearly there though and in my opinion if you get punished, you deserve it, if not then you don't. Simple.

Even if QPR were deducted 20pts and we finished top we'd still be going up on merit surely! :lol: Because we would have been a better and more consistent team than the other 21 teams in the league?

I cant stand all this talk of "dont want to get promoted out of a ruling default, rather go up out of our own doings!"

Well we must have had to have been a more consistent team than the rest to be able to actually get in that posistion in the first place! :lol:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:10 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:Stan referred to the word Blend in his original post.

Good ingredients alone will not make a good Whiskey - or so I am told - but the right blend will.

The same can be said of promotion chasing sides. On paper I dont think QPR are that much better than us. However, QPR do have that "blend" of players who compliment each others styles. No big names. No massive egos. Just a group of players who believe that 2nd place is not an option.

Top post mate & so true.

As we all know & has been stated many times, on paper your team / squad should be pissing this league but of course you don't have Neil Warnock as manager. To me the single most important thing at Queens Park Rangers, he rants & raves & gets up peoples noses but boy does he know how to motivate & get a team to play. Many times this season we've had a quiet or not so good first half & you hear people around you say 'don't worry he'll get into them at half time' and without fail its like a different team performing 2nd half. He knows how to motivate & how to get the team performing whilst at the same time knows when & who too put an arm around when they need it.

Making Adel Taarabt skipper was an absolute master stroke, as soon as he got that arm band you could see the change in him with regards to his new found responsibilities, we all know as fans Shaun Derry is the REAL captain of the side but again it boils down to top man management skills from NW.

Cardiff have an amazing array of talent & should be doing better but with Dave Jones at the helm I don't think you'll ever realise your potential. He's not a bad manager by any stretch of the imagination but after what 6 years & still no promotion you've ask yourself is this guy ever going to do it.

And I would say this season yes he will.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:15 pm

Merlin wrote:
Zabier wrote:I think we have to remember that if you are punished it is for fielding an ineligible player for a prolonged period of time who has been a decent acquisition for you. This isn't just some back up player who has played 1 or 2 games. Faurlin is a decent player so you are top on merit but if the Football League believe you are guilty of breaking the rules then you would therefore be top via unfair circumstances and in my opinion any punishment would be fair.

Even if QPR were deducted 20pts and we finished top we'd still be going up on merit surely! :lol: Because we would have been a better and more consistent team than the other 21 teams in the league?

I cant stand all this talk of "dont want to get promoted out of a ruling default, rather go up out of our own doings!"

Well we must have had to have been a more consistent team than the rest to be able to actually get in that posistion in the first place! :lol:

I think we're foolishly assuming we'd finish higher than Norwich, Swansea, Leeds and Reading! :p

Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:30 pm

Looking at the QPR forums, some grasp the issue.

Several teams have fielded ineligible players this season - the punishments involves fines and the deduction of points gained in the relevant games. Lose, no points taken off. Draw, 1 point taken off. Win, lose the 3 points, fines adjusted in accordance to balance things out.

The bearing on this case is that whilst the player was registered, he was registered incorrectly due to the third party involvement, which if disclosed, would have been blocked. QPR fans seem to believe the timeframe this season refers to 6 games - where QPR gained a total of 16 points.

Given the fact this case is a hell of a lot more serious than just missing a registrations deadline by an hour or so, points being deducted is very much an option. Due to the severity of the charges - and indeed the alleged cover up - nobody can argue the book shouldn't be thrown. Otherwise what's the point of rules?

Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:39 pm

1) The word ineligible has never been used in ANY of the charges

2) You keep referring to 'QPR FANS' well the people I know, trust & speak to at the club think very differently from your post.

Lets just sit back enjoy the ride and see what happens how about that.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:00 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:1) The word ineligible has never been used in ANY of the charges

2) You keep referring to 'QPR FANS' well the people I know, trust & speak to at the club think very differently from your post.

very diplomatic :lol:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:08 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:1) The word ineligible has never been used in ANY of the charges

How about the words:

Failure to notify the FA , Using an unauthorised agent, false information contained in documents

Are these serious enough for you?

These charges are brought under FA Rules C1(b)(iii) and E3, and the Third Party Investment in Players Regulations, A1 and A2

Hence the word RULES! ;)

Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:15 pm

I'm getting the impression none of us really know how serious this is so let's cut the oneupmanship yeah? :D

Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:33 pm

Zabier wrote:I'm getting the impression none of us really know how serious this is so let's cut the oneupmanship yeah? :D

Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:21 pm

Nowt to worry about Stan. You are going up as deserved champs.....and we are going up in second place. See you in the Prem.