Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " MY THOUGHTS/BELIEF "

Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:45 am

davids wrote:Agreed.

My main worry is that to get automatic promotion I think we need a run of four or five straight wins and during Jones' time here that has only happened very infrequently and NEVER at this crucial time of the season.

I've no confidence in us being able to go on a good enough run to clinch that second place.

Hope I'm wrong.

Well that's rubbish, he did it last season, we gained 24 points from out final 11 games. That also includes a defeat at Derby on the last day when the side we played was a joke, had we needed points from that game, given the form we were in there’s a good chance we’d have won that too

Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:02 am

Got a feeling that Norwich might pip us certainly if we lose to Doncaster and they beat the Jerks things would be very difficult i hate to say this but if you look at the remaining fixtures it would be best if the Jerks beat Norwich (Ouch it hurt saying that)

We have to win against both Doncaster and Sheffield United but i've got a feeling we will get 4 points which would probably mean we would have to beat QPR? As others have posted if we can't beat the likes of Doncaster and Sheffield United on their current form then we don't deserve automatic :(

I am starting to believe we are going to have to do it the hard way via the Play Offs but i am still convinced we will do it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:38 am

i must admit after the bad set of results we had before the international break i thought that second place was out of the question. but its funny how things can turn around if we win on saturday and norwhich drop points either way then its game on again. there is some exciting twists and turns yet to come. :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:45 am

Forever Blue wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:If We Beat Doncaster on Saturday and Norwich draw or loose to the Jacks, then its game on in My Opinion, I will admit We might then have a chance of 2nd place. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If We Loose to Doncaster and Norwich Win at Swansea, Then in My Opinion, Automatic Promotion will be All Over, THATS HOW FOOTBALL CAN CHANGE SO MUCH JUST BY A COUPLE OF RESULTS.

Also if WE REALLY ARE SERIOUS ABOUT PROMOTION, I EXPECT 3 WINS FROM Doncaster/Sheff Utd(Won 2 in their last 17 games) and Preston, IF YOU CANT BEAT THEM 3 TEAMS, YOU DONT DESERVE TO GO UP.

Its Funny you should say that mate as I was talking to my wife about 1hr ago and said the same. But i got a feeling about the Doncaster game and I pray Im wrong but I think we are going to struggle there. Please let me be wrong :ayatollah:

Roy, Hmm, I was going to have my 4th bet of the season for a City Win at Doncaster, I thought Sheff Utd would be harder, But We should Win Both.

We will be Donny Annis, trust me....0-2.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:45 am

Forever Blue wrote:If We Beat Doncaster on Saturday and Norwich draw or loose to the Jacks, then its game on in My Opinion, I will admit We might then have a chance of 2nd place. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If We Loose to Doncaster and Norwich Win at Swansea, Then in My Opinion, Automatic Promotion will be All Over, THATS HOW FOOTBALL CAN CHANGE SO MUCH JUST BY A COUPLE OF RESULTS.

Also if WE REALLY ARE SERIOUS ABOUT PROMOTION, I EXPECT 3 WINS FROM Doncaster/Sheff Utd(Won 2 in their last 17 games) and Preston, IF YOU CANT BEAT THEM 3 TEAMS, YOU DONT DESERVE TO GO UP.

Annis at this stage of the season it's a bloody lottery, Preston beat the JB's last week and they'll be pumped up for the Bluebird challenge, but it's possible we may have f****d it by then anyway.

Fed up of doing the maths, if A beat B and C draws with D but beats A we may scrape in. The fact is we're now relying on other teams to falter. :shock:

1 QPR 79
2 Norwich 70
3 Cardiff 66
4 Swansea 66
5 Leeds 64
6 Reading 63
7 Nott'm Forest 60
8 Millwall 57
9 Burnley 57

Burnley have a game in hand.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:52 am

CF64 BLUE wrote:

Annis at this stage of the season it's a bloody lottery, Preston beat the JB's last week and they'll be pumped up for the Bluebird challenge, but it's possible we may have f****d it by then anyway.

Fed up of doing the maths, if A beat B and C draws with D but beats A we may scrape in. The fact is we're now relying on other teams to falter. :shock:

1 QPR 79
2 Norwich 70
3 Cardiff 66
4 Swansea 66
5 Leeds 64
6 Reading 63
7 Nott'm Forest 60
8 Millwall 57
9 Burnley 57

Sadly WE ARE RELYING on OTHER Teams, Where as QPR and NORWICH are Not. Hmm

Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:25 pm

Bunk wrote:
davids wrote:Agreed.

My main worry is that to get automatic promotion I think we need a run of four or five straight wins and during Jones' time here that has only happened very infrequently and NEVER at this crucial time of the season.

I've no confidence in us being able to go on a good enough run to clinch that second place.

Hope I'm wrong.

Well that's rubbish, he did it last season, we gained 24 points from out final 11 games. That also includes a defeat at Derby on the last day when the side we played was a joke, had we needed points from that game, given the form we were in there’s a good chance we’d have won that too

I stand corrected!

But to just match that total of points over the final 11 games of this season means we need 19 points from the next 7 games!

Can't see it happening.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:58 pm

WE ARE NOW RIGHT IN WITH A CHANCE FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS SEASON :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

SHEFFIELD UTD HERE WE COME THIS TUESDAY NIGHT :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

1 QPR 79
2 Norwich 70
3 Cardiff 66
4 Swansea 66
5 Leeds 64
6 Reading 63
7 Nott'm Forest 60
8 Millwall 57
9 Burnley 57