Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" MY THOUGHTS/BELIEF "

Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:57 pm

If We Beat Doncaster on Saturday and Norwich draw or loose to the Jacks, then its game on in My Opinion, I will admit We might then have a chance of 2nd place. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If We Loose to Doncaster and Norwich Win at Swansea, Then in My Opinion, Automatic Promotion will be All Over, THATS HOW FOOTBALL CAN CHANGE SO MUCH JUST BY A COUPLE OF RESULTS.

Also if WE REALLY ARE SERIOUS ABOUT PROMOTION, I EXPECT 3 WINS FROM Doncaster/Sheff Utd(Won 2 in their last 17 games) and Preston, IF YOU CANT BEAT THEM 3 TEAMS, YOU DONT DESERVE TO GO UP.

1 QPR 79
2 Norwich 70
3 Cardiff 66
4 Swansea 66
5 Leeds 64
6 Reading 63
7 Nott'm Forest 60
8 Millwall 57
9 Burnley 57

Burnley have a game in hand.

Re: " MY THOUGHTS/BELIEF "

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:00 pm

Agreed.

My main worry is that to get automatic promotion I think we need a run of four or five straight wins and during Jones' time here that has only happened very infrequently and NEVER at this crucial time of the season.

I've no confidence in us being able to go on a good enough run to clinch that second place.

Hope I'm wrong.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:03 pm

davids wrote:Agreed.

My main worry is that to get automatic promotion I think we need a run of four or five straight wins and during Jones' time here that has only happened very infrequently and NEVER at this crucial time of the season.

I've no confidence in us being able to go on a good enough run to clinch that second place.

Hope I'm wrong.

Davids I Believe We Need at least 5 Wins and a draw from 7 games for Automatic Promotion, Its Over to DJ :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:If We Beat Doncaster on Saturday and Norwich draw or loose to the Jacks, then its game on in My Opinion, I will admit We might then have a chance of 2nd place. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If We Loose to Doncaster and Norwich Win at Swansea, Then in My Opinion, Automatic Promotion will be All Over, THATS HOW FOOTBALL CAN CHANGE SO MUCH JUST BY A COUPLE OF RESULTS.

Also if WE REALLY ARE SERIOUS ABOUT PROMOTION, I EXPECT 3 WINS FROM Doncaster/Sheff Utd(Won 2 in their last 17 games) and Preston, IF YOU CANT BEAT THEM 3 TEAMS, YOU DONT DESERVE TO GO UP.

Its Funny you should say that mate as I was talking to my wife about 1hr ago and said the same. But i got a feeling about the Doncaster game and I pray Im wrong but I think we are going to struggle there. Please let me be wrong :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:06 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:If We Beat Doncaster on Saturday and Norwich draw or loose to the Jacks, then its game on in My Opinion, I will admit We might then have a chance of 2nd place. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Its Funny you should say that mate as I was talking to my wife about 1hr ago and said the same. But i got a feeling about the Doncaster game and I pray Im wrong but I think we are going to struggle there. Please let me be wrong :ayatollah:

Roy, Hmm, I was going to have my 4th bet of the season for a City Win at Doncaster, I thought Sheff Utd would be harder, But We should Win Both.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:16 pm

Annis
I read today that QPR could sew the leauge up as early as next tuseday, with wins against scunny and barnsley, if so and it gose to the wire for second spot, do you think the foot may come of the throttle against us, knowing they are all ready going up???
I know the JERKS got to play them too, but just a thought looking at the run in... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
coops

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:23 pm

the bluebirds are going up :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:25 pm

Agreed Annis if we want 2nd we must look at 9 pts from next 3 games.

In all fairness its very rare we go out for just a point. Swans and Millwall away being good examples, we could of played for a point and didnt, unlucky not to pick up maximum pts :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:26 pm

supercoops wrote:Annis
I read today that QPR could sew the leauge up as early as next tuseday, with wins against scunny and barnsley, if so and it gose to the wire for second spot, do you think the foot may come of the throttle against us, knowing they are all ready going up???
I know the JERKS got to play them too, but just a thought looking at the run in... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
coops

That can work 2 ways, they come to us not having to battle and go for it,so they dont play well, then Yes Great :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
But they could also come to us so relaxed and No pressure and us having pressure that they play us off the park :cry:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:30 pm

We always have a chance when it is mathematically impossible! Doncaster and Sheff utd are poor struggling sides and if we can't beat them then there's something wrong! Against QPR - Sheff utd were abysmal! I think both games we will win and the games we won't do so well in will be home to QPR and away at Burnley..... although be aware Cardiff's record against higher placed clubs is excellent and we will rise to the occasion especially with chopra playing!! :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:30 pm

Point taken.. :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:34 pm

Merlin wrote:We always have a chance when it is mathematically impossible! Doncaster and Sheff utd are poor struggling sides and if we can't beat them then there's something wrong! Against QPR - Sheff utd were abysmal! I think both games we will win and the games we won't do so well in will be home to QPR and away at Burnley..... although be aware Cardiff's record against higher placed clubs is excellent and we will rise to the occasion especially with chopra playing!! :ayatollah:

Craig.
If we were 7pts behind Norwich with 6 games to go, With Our form and their Form, YOU WOULD THEN BE ASKING FOR A MIRACLE,but yes we would still have a chance.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:49 pm

Reading Really Worry Me

All of our remaing fixtures Reading have already played. These are the results Reading have got so far.

Doncaster 0 Reading 3
Sheff Utd 1 Reading 1
Reading 2 Portsmouth 0
Reading 0 QPR 1
Preston 1 Reading 1
Reading 5 Middlesborough 2
Burnley 0 Reading 4

Some good results there - which we will have to improve on.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:15 pm

I said to my mate that our remaining fixtures will test our mettle as automatic promotion candidates. I believe it is still in our hands despite the points difference on Norwich. If we go up we will have deserved it in my opinion. The final table never lies.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Reading Really Worry Me

All of our remaing fixtures Reading have already played. These are the results Reading have got so far.

Doncaster 0 Reading 3
Sheff Utd 1 Reading 1
Reading 2 Portsmouth 0
Reading 0 QPR 1
Preston 1 Reading 1
Burnley 0 Reading 4

Reading beat Preston...2-1

Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:35 pm

Merlin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Reading Really Worry Me

Doncaster 0 Reading 3
Sheff Utd 1 Reading 1
Reading 2 Portsmouth 0
Reading 0 QPR 1
Preston 1 Reading 1
Burnley 0 Reading 4

Reading beat Preston...2-1

Forgot to add that one.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Merlin wrote:We always have a chance when it is mathematically impossible! Doncaster and Sheff utd are poor struggling sides and if we can't beat them then there's something wrong! Against QPR - Sheff utd were abysmal! I think both games we will win and the games we won't do so well in will be home to QPR and away at Burnley..... although be aware Cardiff's record against higher placed clubs is excellent and we will rise to the occasion especially with chopra playing!! :ayatollah:

Craig.
If we were 7pts behind Norwich with 6 games to go, With Our form and their Form, YOU WOULD THEN BE ASKING FOR A MIRACLE,but yes we would still have a chance.

one weekend of results can change the table dramatically but we need to go on a run now.
7 points does sound a bit to much and IMO would make them out of reach but never say never

Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:40 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Craig.

one weekend of results can change the table dramatically but we need to go on a run now.
7 points does sound a bit to much and IMO would make them out of reach but never say never

Were Nearly agreeing for once Luke :lol:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:41 pm

I think that with the hearing which could possibly deduct them points being set for 3rd May Warnock will make sure that QPR do everything they can to make sure they have as many points as possible so that any deduction won't affect their promotion.

I foresee a battle with a QPR team who will be fighting tooth and nail for all three points.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:55 pm

hearing is 3rd to 6th of may not april norwich want go 7 points ahead of us becouse we are going to WIN ALL OUR REMAINING GAMES take each game 1 at a time and if you had to bet 1 finger and 1 toe on one team to win who would you choose i would want ccfc against all 7 what about you :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:57 pm

We will finish second :ayatollah: Keep the faith

Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:22 pm

If we beat Doncaster and Sheff Utd, which is not unrealistic (but knowing us... :( ), then I believe that puts us in an excellent poisition to win our remaining 3 home games, and not lose against Preston. Even with David Jones in charge.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:

Roy, Hmm, I was going to have my 4th bet of the season for a City Win at Doncaster, I thought Sheff Utd would be harder, But We should Win Both.

Yep mate your right we should win , and of course I pray we do, But its a kind of feeling I got, we should have won many game this season but we didnt and for a reason I cant say why I just thing we are really going to struggle and its going to be a silly goal that lets us down. But as I say Im going to pray that Im wrong and I will be the most happy guy in Cardiff if Im wrong. :ayatollah: I guess its the same kind of feeling , when you get a pen and you just know he is going to miss it , Its that kind of feeling .

Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:07 pm

Roy, I have to believe :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:45 pm

you say this annis however swansea lost to preston saturday..does tha mean they dont deserve to go up? NO COURSE NOT

Forest lost to shefield united away- does tha mean they dont deserve to go up? NO COURSE NOT

1 QPR 79
2 Norwich 70
3 Cardiff 66
4 Swansea 66
5 Leeds 64
6 Reading 63
7 Nott'm Forest 60
8 Millwall 57
9 Burnley 57

Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:12 pm

My belief...
Our run in is going to be packed with scary and heart stopping moments involving hope, despair, disbelief, joy and exhiliration - I would recommend a healthy consumption of your favorite tipple prior to games.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:17 am

at about 7.10pm Saturday evening things should be a lot clearer and defined at the top of the table with hopefully City winning and Norwich losing ........... Cardiff and DJ need to be at the top of their game now and even if we dont make 2nd aslong as we go on an un-beaten run then that would put us on a roll of form going into the play offs :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:49 am

Keep the Faith Annis we are going up !!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cmon the Gay Boys, beat Norwich. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

1 QPR 79
2 Norwich 70
3 Cardiff 66
4 Swansea 66
5 Leeds 64
6 Reading 63
7 Nott'm Forest 60
8 Millwall 57
9 Burnley 57

Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:13 am

ccfcdor wrote:

you say this annis however swansea lost to preston saturday..does tha mean they dont deserve to go up? NO COURSE NOT

Forest lost to shefield united away- does tha mean they dont deserve to go up? NO COURSE NOT

1 QPR 79
2 Norwich 70
3 Cardiff 66
4 Swansea 66
5 Leeds 64
6 Reading 63
7 Nott'm Forest 60
8 Millwall 57
9 Burnley 57

My Belief is Yes they dont deserve to go up if they continue not to be able to beat teams at the bottom or near the bottom.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:35 am

norwich draw jacks and watford loose to ipswich

we beat donny / utd and preston back on course

keep the faith

DJ BARMY ARMY ! :ayatollah: