Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

LATEST ON INJURIES

Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:36 pm

I am hearing Tom Heaton, despite coming through a full 90 minutes against Derby, is struggling again with his groin injury that sidelined him for 4 weeks.

More to follow.

Awaiting news on Michael Chopra's scans but his movement and running is suggesting the signs are very good.

Re: LATEST ON INJURIES

Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:44 pm

Carl - Heaton wasnt training yesterday which seems to suggest that he may have a niggle!!! As for Chops he didnt seem to have any problem at all when just running yesterday so hopefully we will have some good news!

Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:02 pm

carlccfc wrote:I am hearing Tom Heaton, despite coming through a full 90 minutes against Derby, is struggling again with his groin injury that sidelined him for 4 weeks.

More to follow.

Awaiting news on Michael Chopra's scans but his movement and running is suggesting the signs are very good.

Now that would be bad news, I don't rate any of the rest especially Bywater, one little bit !!!!

Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:20 pm

I am hearing Tom Heaton, despite coming through a full 90 minutes against Derby, is struggling again with his groin injury that sidelined him for 4 weeks.

Oh F**K playoffs it is then :(

Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:22 pm

carlccfc wrote:I am hearing Tom Heaton, despite coming through a full 90 minutes against Derby, is struggling again with his groin injury that sidelined him for 4 weeks.
More to follow.

:( :( :( :(

Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:30 pm

More to follow.

Official Statement from the club;

HEATON INJURY UPDATE
Wed 06 Apr 2011
Rumours have been circulating on Wednesday regarding the fitness of Bluebirds 'keeper Tom Heaton.

Club medical staff have this afternoon advised that while Tom did indeed feel a strain in his groin during Saturday's 4-1 defeat of Derby, scans have shown it not to be a re-occurence of his original injury, nor indeed as bad as was first thought.

Article continues
Advertisement

Medical and coaching staff will monitor Tom's fitness in the coming days ahead of the Bluebirds' fixture on Saturday at Doncaster Rovers.

Contrary to further speculation, loan signing Jason Brown remains on loan with the Bluebirds and would be available for squad selection at the Keepmoat Stadium if called upon.

Looks like DJ has his PA right on the case. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:39 pm

nice to know hes now got his finger on the pulse :D

Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:40 pm

castleblue wrote:

More to follow.

Official Statement from the club;

HEATON INJURY UPDATE
Wed 06 Apr 2011
Rumours have been circulating on Wednesday regarding the fitness of Bluebirds 'keeper Tom Heaton.

Club medical staff have this afternoon advised that while Tom did indeed feel a strain in his groin during Saturday's 4-1 defeat of Derby, scans have shown it not to be a re-occurence of his original injury, nor indeed as bad as was first thought.

Article continues
Advertisement

Medical and coaching staff will monitor Tom's fitness in the coming days ahead of the Bluebirds' fixture on Saturday at Doncaster Rovers.

Contrary to further speculation, loan signing Jason Brown remains on loan with the Bluebirds and would be available for squad selection at the Keepmoat Stadium if called upon.

Looks like DJ has his PA right on the case. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Read it carefully :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:55 pm

Annis;

After Carl saying in his update that DJ has his PA checking messageboards etc I thought it was really funny that this injury update was posted on the official site after Carl posted his injury update.

I cannot remember the club making a statement about an injury when most of us would have been unaware that Tom had a problem until Carl posted the information. Also saying Tom has had a scan, it's not as bad as first thought and it's not a reoccurence of the original injury is spin.

Yet again Carl has hit the nail on the head you've just got to give credit to the guy, DJ should think about making him his Media Consultant. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:01 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:nice to know hes now got his finger on the pulse :D

Is that place still getting mentioned...... :roll:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:15 pm

hope heaton will be ok dont want bywater bk in goals :shock:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:29 pm

ccfc_4_life wrote:hope heaton will be ok dont want bywater bk in goals :shock:

Bywater came in a Derby Tie on Sat, frankly i'd rather Brown in goal.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:39 pm

castleblue wrote:Annis;

After Carl saying in his update that DJ has his PA checking messageboards etc I thought it was really funny that this injury update was posted on the official site after Carl posted his injury update.

I cannot remember the club making a statement about an injury when most of us would have been unaware that Tom had a problem until Carl posted the information. Also saying Tom has had a scan, it's not as bad as first thought and it's not a reoccurence of the original injury is spin.

Yet again Carl has hit the nail on the head you've just got to give credit to the guy, DJ should think about making him his Media Consultant. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Apparently,DJ's Assistant and Barry's Assistant from the Media now scrutinise every word Carl says and then have to make a Report. :lol: :lol: WERE SO SUPPOSE TO BE A PROFESSIONAL CLUB :shock:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Apparently,DJ's Assistant and Barry's Assistant from the Media now scrutinise every word Carl says and then have to make a Report. :lol: :lol: WERE SO SUPPOSE TO BE A PROFESSIONAL CLUB :shock:

They must be absolutely desperate to know who Carl's informant (or informants!) is/are.

:lol:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:50 pm

davids wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

They must be absolutely desperate to know who Carl's informant (or informants!) is/are.

The problem they've got is its more than One person and Jenkins and DJ Dont realise how disliked they are inside Our Club and that people come to Carl with info, Carl does not go to them.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:57 pm

They'll know it now that you've posted it!

:lol: :lol:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:58 pm

davids wrote:They'll know it now that you've posted it!

Hello Tracey and Barry :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Dont bother to Say hello to DJ for me :lol:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Thats quite funny for you :lol:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:00 pm

milly44 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Thats quite funny for you :lol:

Thankyou Milly :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:07 pm

If the information is passed by disgruntled employees then I guess it may be a little tainted by their agenda.
However I love Carl's updates, the thought of Jay stopping and U turning on the M4 through a hole in the center partition :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:10 pm

alexc wrote:If the information is passed by disgruntled employees then I guess it may be a little tainted by their agenda.
However I love Carl's updates, the thought of Jay stopping and U turning on the M4 through a hole in the center partition :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It happens in All walks of life.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:26 pm

doesn`t look like the case that he`s out for 4 weeks according to the offical site, carl`s inform is inaccurate again by the looks.

Whoever carl`s getting the info off is always half a story it looks like

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:28 pm

Mount Blue wrote:doesn`t look like the case that he`s out for 4 weeks according to the offical site, carl`s inform is inaccurate again by the looks.

Whoever carl`s getting the info off is always half a story it looks like

lol

Read it carefully, they admit he is struggling, they put it out 30 mins after Carl Did, they need to grow up.

It was not half a STORY WHEN HE Said BELLS/KOUMAS etc etc etc would Sign :D

Your last comment on an update, Dont know why you read what Carl Says :roll: :roll:

Re: " SUNDAY JANUARY 30th 2011 UPDATE "
by Mount Blue ยป Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:24 pm

Very predictable update .....................

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:40 pm

don`t get me wrong I think carl`s updates are very good and can`t wait to read them, but its pointless writing up something if its not truly accurate eh?

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:43 pm

yeah struggling to 4 weeks out is a little different????

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:45 pm

Mount Blue wrote:yeah struggling to 4 weeks out is a little different????

Read WHAT Carl said HEATON IS STRUGGLING FROM THE INJURY THAT SIDELINED HIM 4 WEEKS :roll:

is struggling again with his groin injury that sidelined him for 4 weeks.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:46 pm

Sure its still worth writing up!
With DJ's assistants responding to posts now on the official club site, I think Carl's work has had a major impact on us getting information out of the club a bit quicker.
Essentially Carl has forced the club to up its game, which is a good thing.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I bet they didn't have the balls to tell him about Martin O'Neill being in Malaysia. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:47 pm

alexc wrote:Sure its still worth writing up!
With DJ's assistants responding to posts now on the official club site, I think Carl's work has had a major impact on us getting information out of the club a bit quicker.
Essentially Carl has forced the club to up its game, which is a good thing.

Correct Alex :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:49 pm

im looking forward to the days when management, players and fans are all in harmony as then we truly will be a club to fear!

I can understand why DJ and the club monitor the messageboards but their reaction to some stories is way over the top, and heavy handed at best. The club should embrace the fact that so many fans want to spend a large part of their time talking about the club and think of initiatives to encourage a more positive relationship with messageboards rather than this feeling that they are treating the fans who use them as crackpots and traitors. As i keep stressing, you dont hear of Ferguson, Mourinho or Wenger having an issue or fighting with message boards!