Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TRAINING GROUND VISIT?

Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:56 am

After the great time I had at the training ground yesterday, and witnessing first hand just how committed the players are, It would be great if we could organise a morning where the fans from this forum could go up there and show our support.

At times this season the relationship between the players and fans has been fraught but at this stage of the season it would be great if we could all come together. I'm sure the fans would love to witness a training session and the players would be grateful for their support, which is far more personal than at a game.

Obviously it would be best to organise a morning via the club so we dont step on any ones toes and ensure that we dont disrupt any sessions. Thoughts??

Re: TRAINING GROUND VISIT?

Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:35 am

Provided no cunts turn up and abuse the players it sounds like a good idea but I'm afraid the chances of said cunts turning up might be too high when word gets out! :(

Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:19 am

Zabier wrote:Provided no cunts turn up and abuse the players it sounds like a good idea but I'm afraid the chances of said cunts turning up might be too high when word gets out! :(

hmmmm its always a worry but if we just organise it via this forum (if there is the interest and the club allow) then it maybe something to look at. Im sure that 99% of our fans would behave themselves and relish the opportunity to see the players close up in training. However, at this stage of the season it may prove to be a distraction but just wondering what everyones thoughts were?

Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:56 pm

i'd be up for that. let me know if anything is arranged and hopefully i will be free to tag along :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:06 pm

lets face it anyone who turns up and abuses the players is a knobhead. i might abuse dave jones on here and dislike him immensly, but i wouldnt go down and stand of a training pitch and be stupid enough to disrupt things. i would like to think everyone would feel the same.
anyone who did turn up and act a knob should have a shoeing :D

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:08 pm

Zabier wrote:Provided no cunts turn up and abuse the players it sounds like a good idea but I'm afraid the chances of said cunts turning up might be too high when word gets out! :(

Yep true mate! to be honest I ask one of the guys on here about it , and Im going to keep my little boy home from school on Monday and take him down to see them. :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:21 pm

I wouldnt bet against it mate. Anyway after some of the abuse DJ gets on here I wouldnt want them down there if I were him. I am all for opinion but at some stages this forum were blaming him for everything, and I mean everything. It got to the stage where without opening the thread I could guess what was coming. Tedious and repetitive :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:53 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:

I wouldnt bet against it mate. Anyway after some of the abuse DJ gets on here I wouldnt want them down there if I were him. I am all for opinion but at some stages this forum were blaming him for everything, and I mean everything. It got to the stage where without opening the thread I could guess what was coming. Tedious and repetitive :ayatollah:

Im not dj'S biggest fan but like others on here, at this stage of the season, i am sure that 99% of DJ's critics wouldnt dream of being disuptive now. We all know whats at stake and at the end of the day, whether you think DJ has done a good job or not, the man doesnt deserve to be abused! I would like to think that a group of 20-40 fans could go down, get a few chants going during training, give the boys messages of encouragement and in return the players could pose for some pictures and sign autographs. I think it would be a real opportunity for the players and fans to unite. However, DJ may prefer it if they keep their heads down and just concentrate on the job at hand. As i said, if there was a real interest I would make a call to see if anything could be done.